Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: The Saudis made the PGA bend the knee. Is the NBA immune?

Quote Originally Posted by Heat_chips View Post
    That's the great thing about comedy. It's hard to argue with in that format.

I've lived all over the world, but lived in the US over 40 years, born and raised, and there is absolutely no people that are more intellectually dishonest than Americans both about what their own country has done (and our responsibility in it, as a democracy) and who engage in more outright exaggeration or lying about other countries, usually from a standpoint of ignorance. Unabashed hypocrisy on steroids.

No other country even comes close. (well some European countries come close occasionally)

For one thing, those overseas are more reserved culturally about lying or engaging in hypocrisy.

Americans readily believe the worst about any other nation, esp. not in the "West", and then glom on to some Internet "report" about them, and copy and paste, or repeat nonsense slogans or simplistic formulations of that country over and over again. The bigger picture and the broader context? Who needs it.

Gee, where does that formula come from? Maybe hyper-partisanship. Where it becomes fashionable to lie about the other side while ignoring all the messed up stuff your own party does. Take that same morally-devoid tribalism and apply it at the nation-state level and that's the quality of discourse you get with American/Western opinion about the world.

Note: Looks like Messi joined Miami. I'm sure few Westerners will be droning on about him taking "blood money" from the nation with the highest death count from wars in the last 25 years.

/end rant

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    That's the great thing about comedy. It's hard to argue with in that format.

I've lived all over the world, but lived in the US over 40 years, born and raised, and there is absolutely no people that are more intellectually dishonest than Americans both about what their own country has done (and our responsibility in it, as a democracy) and who engage in more outright exaggeration or lying about other countries, usually from a standpoint of ignorance. Unabashed hypocrisy on steroids.

No other country even comes close. (well some European countries come close occasionally)

For one thing, those overseas are more reserved culturally about lying or engaging in hypocrisy.

Americans readily believe the worst about any other nation, esp. not in the "West", and then glom on to some Internet "report" about them, and copy and paste, or repeat nonsense slogans or simplistic formulations of that country over and over again. The bigger picture and the broader context? Who needs it.

Gee, where does that formula come from? Maybe hyper-partisanship. Where it becomes fashionable to lie about the other side while ignoring all the messed up stuff your own party does. Take that same morally-devoid tribalism and apply it at the nation-state level and that's the quality of discourse you get with American/Western opinion about the world.

Note: Looks like Messi joined Miami. I'm sure few Westerners will be droning on about him taking "blood money" from the nation with the highest death count from wars in the last 25 years.

/end rant
    Yep. Americans are brainwashed since birth. Right from the beginning when they're kids they are taught Christopher Columbus and his christian cronies just innocently and romantically "discovered" america, the so-called "new frontier" . What a bunch of bullcrap. Not once is it mentioned in their school textbooks how they invaded and slaughtered over 120 million indians in the US and over 90 million in south america, making hitler look like an angel .. The "forefathers" americans worship (and former presidents centuries ago) were slave owners and some of the worst creatures you can ever find.

Always remember that it is the perpetrators who write the history books, never the innocent and the true

And speaking of comedy....

I absolutely LOVE HER !!!

And speaking of hypocrisy, I have no clue why americans despise Vladamir Putin, as Putin is EXACTLY like american forefathers and Bush et al. He mirrors america to a TEE with him using the bible in his speeches quoting verses from it to bring his country to war, exactly like america has done for decades and centuries.. A perfect mirror . Putin is a devout christian, like most americans. lol

Most americans are so completely dumb and lost in their total enslavement, that they actually believe "owning a gun" equates to freedom and true liberties. LOL

and here he is Quoting the bible to support his "we are the chosen" ones Narcissistic mentality, just like hitler, George Bush and Columbus etc etc etc: ... it's all the same BS .. The "we are the chosen ones" so the rest have to die and/or suffer, exactly the stupidity christians believe in their total hypocrisy, blindness, ignorance and arrogance. LOL

Last edited by Heat_chips; 06-07-2023 at 02:32 PM.

She is the best !!

I absolutely love her to bits... top 10 channel on youtube handsdown !

And ...

And..

Last edited by Heat_chips; 06-07-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Local High School Star

Haha, I didn't mean for this to be about purely dumping on America. There's a lot I love about this country and am grateful for. I was watching an old video of America in the 1940's and it's amazing the kind of infrastructure we had back then.

I just wish we would be honest with ourselves and admit the bad as well as the good we've done. And not hate on non-Western, "Global South" countries based on caricatures. This kind of honest unbiased thinking will go a long way in a world where we don't necessarily dominate anymore.

Or promote the idea that money from certain countries is "bad" but ours is angelic and heavenly. If the NBA bought the Japanese basketball league, would it be viewed positively over there? I think it would. Even though we nuked that country. Let's show the same consideration for other countries, others show for us.

I've been around from southeast asia to south america etc etc. Spoke to many US expats who left the US for good and they couldn't be happier. Most of the smart ones leave if they have the means

And as this girl mentions, when she returned to the US after 3 years abroad she felt alien in america, like a foreigner when she returned. She wisely left for good. I had the same experience returning to the US after spending time in a dozen other countries and it was just terrible visiting again. The energy was just horrible and that was between states. I had to leave the US before the departure date I couldn't wait to get out . Living in the US isn't a healthy way of life both mentally and spiritually, that's pretty basic knowledge for the rest of the world

Last edited by Heat_chips; 06-07-2023 at 03:26 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Or promote the idea that money from certain countries is "bad" but ours is angelic and heavenly. If the NBA bought the Japanese basketball league, would it be viewed positively over there? I think it would. Even though we nuked that country.

I feel like you couldn’t have picked a worse example. They ran the quintessential “**** around and find out” military campaign. They killed/brought about the death of like 2 dozen…million people and launched a sneak attack on America. And it’s boiled down to “America nuked that country”?

Compared to sending a hundred thousand soldiers into the cheese grater of machine guns Japan had set up to defend the mainland? That’s a true lose lose.

You probably should have gone with someone we invaded for no good reason.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Heat_chips View Post
    And speaking of hypocrisy, I have no clue why americans despise Vladamir Putin, as Putin is EXACTLY like american forefathers and Bush et al. He mirrors america to a TEE with him using the bible in his speeches quoting verses from it to bring his country to war, exactly like america has done for decades and centuries.. A perfect mirror . Putin is a devout christian, like most americans. lol

Most americans are so completely dumb and lost in their total enslavement, that they actually believe "owning a gun" equates to freedom and true liberties. LOL

and here he is Quoting the bible to support his "we are the chosen" ones Narcissistic mentality, just like hitler, George Bush and Columbus etc etc etc: ... it's all the same BS .. The "we are the chosen ones" so the rest have to die and/or suffer, exactly the stupidity christians believe in their total hypocrisy, blindness, ignorance and arrogance. LOL

Nobody cared about Putin when he was genociding muslims in the Caucasus back in the 90s. In fact, he was encouraged by many Western countries. His biggest mistake was invading a Christian nation like Ukraine. Jews and Christians are off limits but you can do whatever you want to Muslims:

China's concentration camps and genocide against their Uyghur minority
    Russia's invasion of Chechnya and carpet bombing of Syria resulting in the ethnic cleansing of millions of Syrians
    Israel's apartheid against Palestinians
    US "wars" in Afganistan and Iraq and the hundreds of thousands of dead muslims as a result
    Rohingya genocide by the Myanmar military

Russia went against script and attacked a Christian nation. That's where they faltered.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Haha, I didn't mean for this to be about purely dumping on America.
    its the constant war mentality of the country (or rather it's just a "company" not a country). That national anthem is the worst song i ever heard. The people worship war with the phrase "bombs burst ing in air" . Place their hand on their heart while repeating it. Absolute fools

It all boils down to fear.. Fear of death. That fear causes all the darkness to permeate that country (again, rather it's a company in reality). That fear of death causes them to kill without a thought. However death doesn't exist in reality. I am speaking of the real true spiritual reality. Most Americans (not all of course) are so far away from spiritual truths and the light

Their insistence that someone can save them via religion only cements that great fear and darkness within them

Nationalism is nothing more than full blown Narcissism .. And no country on earth worships nationalism more than americans ... put 2 and 2 together. Not hard to figure out

And ..

Last edited by Heat_chips; 06-07-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Most Americans would be so shocked by this Top 10 list they'd hyperventilate

I visited the #1 country on that list and couple others, and it's all true:

If americans are so free, then explain why americans swallow down more prescription medicated drugs for their depression issues than all the rest of the world altogether. The US has 4% of the worlds population yet swallow more pills to try to solve their mental pain and inner anguish than 96% of the world does.

Furthermore, the US has 4% of the worlds population, yet 25% of the worlds prisoners incarcerated are americans.

Explain to me how that adds up to "the land of the free and the brave" ?

Just look at this, homeless tents for miles and miles in California next to the California Angels stadium.

The greed and violence in american culture permeates all the way down to your spiraling and out of control homeless situation. The homeless in america steal and rob each other on a regular daily basis, it's very violent to live on the streets in america. You have to guard for your life, and its almost impossible to sleep with all the chaos.

But you know what, when I travelled other countries and went to poorer areas, I was marveled and in awe how the poor help each other (brought tears of joy to my eyes), they form small communities so they are not on the streets, and they have just as little as the average homeless in america, but they are able to get by so much better with so much more support and kindness from their fellow men.

It's completely reversed, night and day.

United States of America my a$$ , there is nothing "United" about it at all. It's the most divided place I have ever seen, and it's gotten so much worse since the mid 1980's when I first arrived there as a child. It wasn't great then, and it's so much worse now

Growing up as a kid in the 1980's, christians loved to say rock music is evil ... but isn't it funny how that music was 100% more truthful than christianity ?!!

90% of the US military are brainwashed bible believers , they even have churches on military bases all over the place. friend was in that horrific environment and told me all about it

Enjoy this song from 1986, includes the prophetic lyrics

Because there is nothing "heroic" about your soldiers, the truth is they are complete cowards in reality .. Their entire thought processes are worthless, useless, and completely "Disposable"

Americans in a nutshell

Last edited by Heat_chips; 06-07-2023 at 05:08 PM.

A Behind the scenes look at all the bigotry and hate that is within all your TV church pastors. And americans are so gullible to throw their life savings to those creeps. They claim to be "men of god" .. Here's another war mongering pastor for you claiming "america the great land of god", other videos he tells you to fight for it at all costs and go to war. LOL

america is total insanity personified .. George Carlin was 100% correct when he said: "They call it the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."