View Poll Results: What will San Fran look like in a decade?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's going to turn into a shithole

7 87.50%
  • It will eventually get better and return to former glory

0 0%
  • It's experiencing the same pains as many other US downtown areas

0 0%
  • Don't care but good riddance

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What will San Francisco look like in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Not in Beverly Hills or in the suburbs of most cities.

The correlation isnt about cost of living, it’s about population density. Dense urban regions have enough people/services to support the homeless, and due to limited real estate in city centers also happen to be often pricey.

It has nothing to do with someone in an 800k penthouse getting priced out when it hits 900k and suddenly he ends up living in rags on the street
    Obviously homelessness is not just about cost of living or population density. Eugene Oregon has much higher rate of homeless per capita than Tokyo Japan, despite the fact that Eugene has a tiny fraction of Tokyos population density and cost of living.

Homelessness is really about culture and govt policy. The major west coast cities like SF, LA, Seattle, Portland, etc... are currently encouraging the proliferation of homelessness due to their cultural and political beliefs/structure. The reason Eugene and the rest of the US west coast have so many more homeless than Tokyo does is because in Tokyo the police actually enforce basic laws like theft and loitering, and because culturally the Japanese have a massive negative social stigma towards the homelessness while the libtard pacific states think every homeless person is just a temporarily embarrassed former CEO.

Anyway in regard to the OP question, I think San Francisco is just too great and wealthy of a city to deteriorate like the once great cities of the rust belt (Detroit/Cleveland/etc) were allowed to. I would bet that in the not so distant future, San Fran is going to crack down hard on the homeless and petty crime.

New York became insanely dirty and dangerous in the 70s-80s, but during the 90s-00s NY got strict and cleaned up their shit and today there are cops everywhere in NYC and the city has a fairly low number of homelessness and petty criminality (maybe not the whole city, but manhattan at least). I expect the same thing is going to happen to SF, eventually the wealthy libtard residents will step in one too many piles of shit and there will be a massive crackdown... and ultimately the city will become the same sort of police-state theme-park for the ultra-rich that most of manhattan is today.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-07-2023 at 01:49 AM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: What will San Francisco look like in 10 year⁸s?

Call me cruel and crazy, but I would solely travel to San Francisco just to defecate on the street and compound the problem more. I like to see Liberal cities suffer. The only redemption a city like San Francisco needs is via a complete turnaround in political views and ideology. So as long as San Francisco continues to vote Democrat, I will continue to want to visit there and poop on several street corners to add to the poop that's already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Call me cruel and crazy, but I would solely travel to San Francisco just to defecate on the street and compound the problem more. I like to see Liberal cities suffer. The only redemption a city like San Francisco needs is via a complete turnaround in political views and ideology. So as long as San Francisco continues to vote Democrat, I will continue to want to visit there and poop on several street corners to add to the poop that's already there.
    SF can go fuck itself imo (and it does), but thats still not very cool bro... should I visit NYC and shit on your streets just because Mayor Adams is a retarded ***?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    SF can go fuck itself imo (and it does), but thats still not very cool bro... should I visit NYC and shit on your streets just because Mayor Adams is a retarded ***?
    Hey when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Hey when you gotta go, you gotta go!
    say what you will about portland, but at least in my shit hole city the bums have enough common courtesy to shit on the grass... we need to build a wall around NY and SF and keep the sidewalk turds contained!

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

New York, California, Oregon all in top-5 cost of living and homeless rate

The states with the lowest cost of living like Mississippi also have the lowest homeless rates.

All coincidence I'm sure

Average rent in SF is $3,600, in Mississippi it is $1,350 (according to Zillow)

You can drive an Amazon truck in Mississippi and get by just fine.

Here is the important part though, Mississippi has the highest murder rate in the US at 20.5 per 100,000 ( the murder rate in SF is only 6.9)

say what you will about portland, but at least in my shit hole city the bums have enough common courtesy to shit on the grass... we need to build a wall around NY and SF and keep the sidewalk turds contained!
    Hmm are you thinking what I'm thinking? Poop/fertilizer zones throughout cities? Kind of like those zones where you can shoot up safely that was also a San Francisco thing? San Francisco, for all the criticism it deserves is actually on the cutting edge of things. I'm not sure what the San Francisco motto is, but it should be "City of Progress".

Quote Originally Posted by Off the Court View Post
    New York, California, Oregon all in top-5 cost of living and homeless rate

The states with the lowest cost of living like Mississippi also have the lowest homeless rates.

All coincidence I'm sure

Average rent in SF is $3,600, in Mississippi it is $1,350 (according to Zillow)

You can drive an Amazon truck in Mississippi and get by just fine.

Here is the important part though, Mississippi has the highest murder rate in the US at 20.5 per 100,000 ( the murder rate in SF is only 6.9)
    Oregon is not even close to being top-5 in cost of living nationwide, and cost of living is not a predictable indicator for homelessness anyway, especially internationally. Tokyo is MUCH more expensive than any city in Oregon, and yet they have virtually zero homeless problems while tents are virtually everywhere in Portland.

Hmm are you thinking what I'm thinking? Poop/fertilizer zones throughout cities? Kind of like those zones where you can shoot up safely that was also a San Francisco thing? San Francisco, for all the criticism it deserves is actually on the cutting edge of things. I'm not sure what the San Francisco motto is, but it should be "City of Progress".
    "shitty of progress" would be a more accurate motto

"shitty of progress" would be a more accurate motto

Oregon is not even close to being top-5 in cost of living nationwide, and cost of living is not a predictable indicator for homelessness anyway, especially internationally. Tokyo is MUCH more expensive than any city in Oregon, and yet they have virtually zero homeless problems while tents are virtually everywhere in Portland.
    https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings...dex%20of%20184.

Oregon is #5 overall when you exclude Hawaii and Alaska

Japan has a much lower cost of living than the US, they have ghost towns in Japan

There is a very direct correlation, you can ignore it if you want to and pretend Dems did it but that isn't what is happening. Mississippi is littered with meth heads, it's just that their meth heads can afford rent on a Amazon driver salary.

Japan is an anomaly to most things anyway. They were the only country that actually needed a higher inflation rate during covid. Should I point to them and declare that inflation helps?

They are a unique country that is under unique circumstances.

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings...dex%20of%20184.

Oregon is #5 overall when you exclude Hawaii and Alaska

Japan has a much lower cost of living than the US, they have ghost towns in Japan

There is a very direct correlation, you can ignore it if you want to and pretend Dems did it but that isn't what is happening. Mississippi is littered with meth heads, it's just that their meth heads can afford rent on a Amazon driver salary.
    Oregon is 8th on that list when you dont attempt to conveniently exclude states in order to bolster your narrative.

Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities on the planet by any metric, the fact that there are ghost cities in rural Japan doesnt change that. There are ghost cities in rural Oregon too, does that make the cost of living in Portland any lower?

Like I said earlier, homelessness is partially cultural and partially policy driven. West coast cities have both cultural and policy environments that encourage the proliferation of homelessness.

Japan is an anomaly to most things anyway. They were the only country that actually needed a higher inflation rate during covid. Should I point to them and declare that inflation helps?

They are a unique country that is under unique circumstances.
    If youre unable to refute the example of Japan then why does Seoul SK have so few homeless per capita compared to all the major US west coast cities? Why does Singapore? Why does London? Why does fvcking NYC?

Homelessness on the west coast of the US is a fvcking global disgrace and clowns like you who attempt to apologize/justify it are transparently beyond pathetic.