Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Exclamation Deal done. Bradley Beal traded to Phoenix

Default Re: Woj says teams are calling the Wizards about Beal.

Also saw a claim that the wizards don’t want to do it but if they do decide to rebuild, they will work with him so he can go where he wants. That kind of goes without saying when he’s the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause, but someone felt the need to say it anyway.

Heat are rumored to be one of the teams asking as always but Jimmy was just shooting around with cameras rolling talking about it being “Dame time”.

I imagine Herro is annoyed because him filler and 3 first rounders are about all the Heat can offer without losing Bam or Jimmy.

Beal has a no trade clause so he isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go. Taking back $50 million in salary is also problematic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Beal has a no trade clause so he isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go. Taking back $50 million in salary is also problematic.
    Depends on what the Wizards are trying to do. If they go full rebuild, the salary doesn't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Also saw a claim that the wizards don’t want to do it but if they do decide to rebuild, they will work with him so he can go where he wants. That kind of goes without saying when he’s the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause, but someone felt the need to say it anyway.

Heat are rumored to be one of the teams asking as always but Jimmy was just shooting around with cameras rolling talking about it being “Dame time”.

I imagine Herro is annoyed because him filler and 3 first rounders are about all the Heat can offer without losing Bam or Jimmy.
    Not only that but it wouldnt make sense to pay Dame and Herro both anyway. The Heat would WANT to include Herro in the trade, which they absolutely should do if it’s an offer Portland decides to accept.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Just saw the Knicks package flash on the screen over at ESPN and while it's actually good for the Knicks, yes, his salary is insane. He hasn't played more than 60 games in each of the last 4 seasons. Any team that trades for him is foolish. Say no, Leon Rose.

Why exactly?

You think they would start a rebuild by looking for high dollar free agent veterans?

If you want to lose how much salary you have means nothing. They’re 60 million below the cap 2024 summer even with Beal if they choose to rebuild and not bring back the vets.

If they trade Beal why re sign KP or Kuzma?

That money is just money. It wouldn’t stop them from doing anything they’d want to do anyway would it? They’re gonna have a hard time just meeting the salary floor if they let the vets go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Why exactly?

You think they would start a rebuild by looking for high dollar free agent veterans?

If you want to lose how much salary you have means nothing. They’re 60 million below the cap 2024 summer even with Beal if they choose to rebuild and not bring back the vets.

If they trade Beal why re sign KP or Kuzma?

That money is just money. It wouldn’t stop them from doing anything they’d want to do anyway would it? They’re gonna have a hard time just meeting the salary floor if they let the vets go.
    Exactly. Wizards fans, obviously, just don't want to go through a full rebuild.

I'd trade him for Lowry's expiring, Herro, and a first or something if they can get it. This will be interesting to see how it plays out with Wizards fans because they all said Beal was worthless last year and that they wanted him to walk....so any compensation at all should be a huge win for them given those views.

If you get multiple useful players and picks out if it I dont see the problem. Youre payin that salary out to someone anyway, and Beal isnt taking them anywhere but the treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41 View Post

I'd trade him for Lowry's expiring, Herro, and a first or something if they can get it. This will be interesting to see how it plays out with Wizards fans because they all said Beal was worthless last year and that they wanted him to walk....so any compensation at all should be a huge win for them given those views.

Wrong. Wizards fans have wanted a full rebuild for years. The owner has been committed to going all in for the play in. If the owner actually gives the new president the green light to do a full rebuild Wizards nation will rejoice. I will believe that when i see it.

Everything i have seen indicates they are definitely resigning KP and want to resign Kuzma.

I personally wouldnt trade for Beal if Im Miami.

Herro is actually pretty young and he’s basically… what Beal is. But makes 100 million less over the course of his deal.

Im not convinced Beal makes the difference between runner up and winning the chip. Dame I think can be that difference and in such a case is worth the extra salary. I dont think you pay 100 million dollars to go from Tyler Herro to Bradley Beal.

Wrong. Wizards fans have wanted a full rebuild for years. The owner has been committed to going all in for the play in. If the owner actually gives the new president the green light to do a full rebuild Wizards nation will rejoice. I will believe that when i see it.

Everything i have seen indicates they are definitely resigning KP and want to resign Kuzma.
    So why would you care what salary you take back for Beal?

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I personally wouldnt trade for Beal if Im Miami.

Herro is actually pretty young and he’s basically… what Beal is. But makes 100 million less over the course of his deal.

Im not convinced Beal makes the difference between runner up and winning the chip. Dame I think can be that difference and in such a case is worth the extra salary. I dont think you pay 100 million dollars to go from Tyler Herro to Bradley Beal.
    I wouldn't either, but it seems like the type of deal teams would do.

I wouldn't either, but it seems like the type of deal teams would do.
    I could see a Beal deal making sense for maybe… the Raptors? Give them some back court scoring punch to go with the size they have on the wings.

The league SHOULD step in and mandate a Beal trade to the LeAngeles Lakers, but they probably wont.

So why would you care what salary you take back for Beal?
    Because i believe they are trying to win and will probably have to take back crap contracts in return.

I wanted to let Beal walk rather than resign him to that huge deal. I knew that he isn't a difference maker and it would just keep them on the treadmill.

Resigning him to that deal, with a no trade clause ffs, tells you all you need to know about their intentions. When have they ever committed to doing a full rebuild? The only tanking they have done in recent memory was unintentional. Time after time they were trying to win and failed.

This is the team that traded away the 6th pick years ago for Mike Miller and Randy Foye, both on the last year of their contracts. Our GM said there wasnt anyone in that draft that could help them win. GS used that pick on Steph.
    Last edited by tontoz; 06-14-2023 at 05:17 PM.