Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ya'll keeping up with that missing submersible sub that was visiting the Titanic?

This was very informative.

If they are still alive, I hope that they didn't have an electrical problem that cut power to the lights. Imagine being down there in pitch black.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    The sub sucks. They should have gotten a better one but that would probably be even more costly.
    It's not a plane crash, but I'm surprised you haven't been all over this story. Since it seems like a topic that you would totally be into. I'm surprised you didn't start the thread.

Default Re: Ya'll keeping up with that missing submersible sub that was visiting the Titanic?

Suddenly smells like aspergers all over here.

Worse than death from the titanic itself

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Great video showing the ocean's depth. Titanic appears around 3:30

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Worse than death from the titanic itself
    Titanic you'd drown/die of hypothermia quickly. This is legitimately one of the worst ways imaginable to die, being trapped in very close quarters, not even room to lie down, no food or water, I'm not even sure if there's a bathroom to use, and you're stuck with 4 other people all simultaneously panicking about impending death. I can't even imagine the horror they're experiencing down there, especially if it's pitch black. They will certainly make a movie about this someday.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE View Post
    Estimated 20 hours of remaining oxygen.

Apparently one of the passengers aboard is a former British naval captain or something like that, who has visited titanic numerous times, with tons of experience.

I am still dumbfounded that such intelligent and seemingly responsible people would take on a voyage with no means of contacting the outside world, no escape plan, no emergency plan, no recovery plan, no extraction plan etc etc.
    It will take a fatal mistake like this for the CEOs of such companies to address any potential issues with their sea vehicles. It's unfortunate and sad, but that's how change often happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Titanic you'd drown/die of hypothermia quickly. This is legitimately one of the worst ways imaginable to die, being trapped in very close quarters, not even room to lie down, no food or water, I'm not even sure if there's a bathroom to use, and you're stuck with 4 other people all simultaneously panicking about impending death. I can't even imagine the horror they're experiencing down there, especially if it's pitch black. They will certainly make a movie about this someday.
    If that's the way they went out or are going to go out, yeah, that has to be one of the worst ways to go out. Knowing you're in the most unreachable place on the Earth, in the dark, in the cold, and knowing that you will run out of oxygen. That's torture of the mind. The last thing you are experiencing before you die is that.

But I truly think since they lost contact with the outside world unexpectedly, that the vessel imploded on itself and everyone died instantly. Opening that vessel up one way or the other will have to be so gruesome. It's probably best they never find it.

I somehow think the road to doom is comparable to an impending helicopter crash. Like the one kobe had three years ago with eight others. But that one inadvertently lost control under thick fog conditions and happened in a short amount of time. Still rip.

Suddenly smells like aspergers all over here.
    I somehow think the road to doom is comparable to an impending helicopter crash. Like the one kobe had three years ago with eight others. But that one inadvertently lost control under thick fog conditions and happened in a short amount of time. Still rip.

I was being nice to you.

As you can see, you sure love to talk about areal crashes. That's your thing.

this kind of a predicament brings a refreshing meaning to sayings like:

don't temp fate

fucl> around and find out

dayum mother nature you scary!

try to think up a worse scenario leading to death. there ain't much.

They will certainly make a movie about this someday.
    "Based on a true story"

Imagine the ending to this movie. Searching...Oxygen runs out... The End.

7 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    7 hours left.
    Listening to a live stream on Twitter now and apparently they will have a rover reach the Titanic crash site by 11am EST tomorrow which will be too late for any rescue. We are in recovery mode now, but I think we've been in recovery mode since the day they went down.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar