Default Debating if it's worth it to take legal action against Goodwill Industries

Any legal minds on here?

So I buy a ton of stuff off their website, but as was stated in this reddit article from a few years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/co...ady_practices/, Goodwill apparently partakes in shill bidding just to raise their own prices in order to make more money. Is this legal? And if it is not legal, what kind of evidence would someone need to take these guys to court?

Goodwill has always been the biggest scam retailer out there, but it seems they are purposely bidding on their own items to force people to fork over more money for shit that they get for free.

Default Re: Debating if it's worth it to take legal action against Goodwill Industries

That RMWG lawsuit has you scrambling or what?

Default Re: Debating if it's worth it to take legal action against Goodwill Industries

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Yup. Plus I need money for my new basketball message board.

OP is so fat that suing goodwill by himself would count as a class action lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
    Yup. Plus I need money for my new basketball message board.
    talk to Jameer... and the BTE crew.

I'll text you his number

talk to Jameer... and the BTE crew.

I'll text you his number
    Appreciate it bro.

My number: 212-754-4649

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Poopsie shops at Goodwill.

And he claims he is not a lowly clerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    Poopsie shops at Goodwill.

And he claims he is not a lowly clerk.
    You shop at Goodwill too Mr. Low Rent District

RMWG has Chewbecca by the balls

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

quite awhile ago some people who were high up at goodwill would scavenge through all the donations and anything that was worth real value they would take it and resell it to collectors. if I remember right they opened up their safe at their house and there was a few hundred grand wrapped in goodwill receipt paper.

Considering how much money I have given to these crooks, I'd like to see Goodwill go down. I just need to prove that they make shill bets.

So for example, the other day I bid on some video games that were listed for $9.99 as the starting bid. I bid $25 cause I knew they wouldn't sell for that much. Plus, they were games that I didn't have, so that was my ceiling on how much I was going to pay for them. Well, within minutes of me placing my bid for $25, "someone" placed a bid for $26. Complete bullshit. I even saw those games again a few days later on the site

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Poopsie's the oldest guy in the world who still plays video games.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete View Post
    Any legal minds on here?

So I buy a ton of stuff off their website, but as was stated in this reddit article from a few years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/co...ady_practices/, Goodwill apparently partakes in shill bidding just to raise their own prices in order to make more money. Is this legal? And if it is not legal, what kind of evidence would someone need to take these guys to court?

Goodwill has always been the biggest scam retailer out there, but it seems they are purposely bidding on their own items to force people to fork over more money for shit that they get for free.
    Must be a proxy bidding system with that kind of response time. And I'm sure that there is corruption at Goodwill, just as there is at any other organization that size. Proving it will be difficult, unless they're complete idiots they're using a shell company and running it through a VPN.

But there's a flip side to consider. Let's say I'm a legit buy-and-reseller. I see what seems like a good deal on Goodwill or Ebay or wherever, buy it, then resell and hopefully turn a profit. But what if I could convince people that Goodwill is running a scam, and that they're artificially driving their prices up to inflate profits. That's going to make some people suspicious. And then let's say they place a bid for a $10 Kobe rookie card, and a minute later my proxy places a $11 bid. Now they're convinced that the system is rigged, and they're going to give up on that auction. Why bid again when they know they're going just get outbid again. So now there's one less person interested in that card. Lower demand means lower prices. By scaring this other person off from the auction I may have saved myself a few dollars.