Home of the 16

Lightbulb Hey, guys! Off-season Thread

How's everyone doing? It's been a while, guys.

The offseason is here and they have managed to retain Rui Hachimura while also adding Gabe Vincent and Cam Reddish in return of losing Schroder who I really loved watching in their late run last season. Schroder once again isn't necessarily the ideal fit next to Lebron, but they made it work. He was such a positive in that playoff run vs. the Warriors. On the other hand, Gabe Vincent reminds me a lot of Kyle Lowry, love this signing by the Lakers. Cam Reddish signing is a spicy one - got him for cheap on a vet min, according to reports there are multiple teams who believe he has untapped potential and now we know the Lakers is one of them. lol I never liked Cam Reddish and I avoid him in fantasy basketball. Such an inefficient player.

Who would you like to see them add to the roster? I'd love to see another big if we're to hope another title run and for sure the Lakers will run into Jokic again. What are your thoughts of their moves so far?

The Lakers aren't done yet, I believe they have an MLE 12 MILLION left? Feel free to correct me on that.

IN:
    Rui Hachimura
    Gabe Vincent
    Cam Reddish

Out:
    Troy Brown Jr.
    Dennis Schroder

LAKERS!!!!

Default Re: Hey, guys! Off-season Thread

Hey Lakergold, how's it going?

BAE was used for Taureen Prince, which was a very good deal for a wing. Initially, I thought they were splitting the MLE with Prince and someone else but using BAE on his was the better option. It left the MLE, which was used for Vincent.

MLE was used up for Vincent, which I'm not sure was a good move. He got hot at the right time in playoffs but cooled off fast in finals. He is live by the 3 and die by the 3 type of player. We could have gotten better imo, but hey Vincent is on a team friendly deal.

Reddish is a bust afaik. He will play in garbage time. He has potential for sure, but this might be his last chance to prove himself before he goes off-seas.

We also got Jaxson Hayes for the minimum. He is raw potential that could pay off long-term, but who knows.

Reaves and D'lo are back on great deals.

Russell | Vincent
    Reaves | Hood | Christie
    James | Prince | Reddish
    Vanderbilt | Hachimura
    Davis | Hayes

I expect 2 or 3 more veterans minimums to join roster. I think 1 of them will be Wenyen Gabriel as the 3rd string center.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce View Post
    AD 27ppg
    Lebron 23ppg
    D lo 19ppg
    Reaves 17ppg with 5 and 5 being pnr creator
    Rui 14ppg with better defense and rebounding
    That's 100 points right there. I hope Vincent can give at least 10ppg and Vanderbilt same. Any other contribution from Prince, Hayes, and Hood will be cherry on top. I don't expect much from Christie, Reddish, Lewis, and whoever is at the end of the bench.

I think we still need a veteran big who can provide a few minutes off bench, and we are set for a championship run. Let's hope AD and LeBron can stay healthy. We can probably limit their minutes until the playoffs then unleash them.