Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bradley Beal is going to play the Point guard position for the Phoenix Suns

Can he do it??

Default Re: Bradley Beal is going to play the Point guard position for the Phoenix Suns

He may be the starting PG, in a sense that "PG" will be next to his name on the stat sheet, but realistically him and Booker will be splitting the play-making duties nearly evenly. And the Suns offense will be a "point guard by committee" style anyways.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Bradley Beal is going to play the Point guard position for the Phoenix Suns

Going to look a lot like FIBA USA team.

No leadership, bad defense, but maybe Durant can bail them out in a bunch of close games.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

No leadership, bad defense, but maybe Durant can bail them out in a bunch of close games.
    Maybe you can shut the fvck up.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    Maybe you can shut the fvck up.
    Chill bro.

They can just prove me wrong.

Are they going to look like Harden on the Nets last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Are they going to look like Harden on the Nets last year?
    I think they'll be worse than that Nets team. Harden could at least be a facilitator and playmaker, no one on Phoenix is frankly even close to as good as Harden is in that capacity. Also, this Durant is not as good as he was that one season they played together, when he nearly knocked off Milwaukee singlehandedly.

The Suns are a hard team to read honestly, they have the scoring capacity to beat anybody, but I still feel like a team comprised of 3 perimeter players who's biggest asset is isolation scoring is a fundamentally flawed way to build a team.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I think they'll be worse than that Nets team. Harden could at least be a facilitator and playmaker, no one on Phoenix is frankly even close to as good as Harden is in that capacity. Also, this Durant is not as good as he was that one season they played together, when he nearly knocked off Milwaukee singlehandedly.

The Suns are a hard team to read honestly, they have the scoring capacity to beat anybody, but I still feel like a team comprised of 3 perimeter players who's biggest asset is isolation scoring is a fundamentally flawed way to build a team.
    I think you are solely underestimating each guys offball ability and passing

The way you typed makes it seem like 3 Carmelos, but its really 3 guys who are willing and able to pass, play off ball, and shoot lights out. Booker averaged 7 assists last year with CP on the team and Durant is a very willing passer. Beal is clearly a 3rd wheel and will alter his game to fit. He's the Boston Ray Allen of this big 3.

My only concern is injuries. Durant and Beal aren't exactly made of steel. But zero concerns if they actually stay healthy

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Position designations don’t mean what they used to, at this point in NBA history.
    All 3 of them, Durant, Booker, and Beal, will be the ball handler and the screener in numerous PNR actions.

New coaching staff will likely take advantage of using all 3 of them in Spain PNR, since Ayton despite his size, isn’t a much better screener than Durant or Book anyways. And certainly can’t pop and draw any defensive attention on any thing other than a roll str8 to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

bro, did you watch them play? the offense and defense works really good, yes KD can play some good ass defense when it matters and Booker holds his own ground on that end. the failure point was not on them, it was on the trash ass teammates they have and the coach that had zero clue what to do. eventually defenses began seeing that the open guys weren't a priority since they aren't hitting shots so they kept focusing on KD and Book. all they need is some teammates to hit 3s and a coach that can make use of that spacing. which they appear to have now with a newly revamped roster.

aND harden is a better facilitator, yet Booker is good in his own right and has played PG to a good level. again, trash teammates...

brief example of KD's gravity and how suns teammates are trash for not capitilizing on wide open shots:

https://twitter.com/RyB_311/status/1680964145431166976

lmk if you have further questions, my door is always open

by game 2 the nuggets weren't guarding the role players...it's quite embarassing that these trash ass players couldn't hit wide open 3s when KD and Book were double at the same time...

proof:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680980321146134529

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It's kind of wierd to have Bradley Beal bring the ball up every play... we don't know how full court pressure will affect him since he's not used to it having to do that every play. I'd imagine that's something coaches would scheme against to attack. But either way he's a huge plus to the team and somebody you can't just ignore.

This isn't 3 Joe Johnsons. Durant and Book and Beal can all playmake. And then they also have Ayton who although he hasn't made the team is an All Star center talent.

People forget the Nets with Harden, Kyrie, and Durant destroyed a Celtic team that was a title contender going forward. And the only thing that took them down was extreme injury. And imo that's the only thing that could take the Suns down.

Very good NBA starter

Nuggets were worst when Murray had to bring the ball up, almost lost them a game in the finals with it. There's a difference between being a decent driver of the catch and having to be ball secure with high intensity pressure from the baseline. Murray struggled with it.

It's weird if Suns don't at least get a competent vet point guard to play 25+ minutes just to bring the ball up.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    by game 2 the nuggets weren't guarding the role players...it's quite embarassing that these trash ass players couldn't hit wide open 3s when KD and Book were double at the same time...

proof:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1680980321146134529
    A big reason that series was as close as it was is Booker had one of the greatest playoff series in NBA history. He is extremely unlikely to play like that again (he was legitimately playing like peak MJ). His sizzling shooting made the teams look closer than they actually were. Suns are certainly dangerous but I wouldn't consider them favorites based on one series in which Booker played way over his head.

Nuggets were worst when Murray had to bring the ball up, almost lost them a game in the finals with it. There's a difference between being a decent driver of the catch and having to be ball secure with high intensity pressure from the baseline. Murray struggled with it.

It's weird if Suns don't at least get a competent vet point guard to play 25+ minutes just to bring the ball up.
    apples to oranges. Booker is a better distributor than murray, and the nuggets don't have the personnel that the Suns do in terms of playmaking. Besides Murray and Jokic, which nuggets player can make their own plays? We've seen the disaster that is MPJ if you let him attempt that...they have a lot of good slashers and shooters, but they require setting the table. Suns have let's see...KD, Booker, Beal, Gordon...that's 4 pretty good players that can create their own shot as well as demand serious attention from the defense and as a result, create gravity. it's not a rocket science, the defense is allocated 5 bodies...and while the offense is allocated the same body count, certain players like Booker, KD, Beal demand the attention of more than 1 body at a time, otherwise the numbers tell us they are likely to score. That creates great opportunities for the scrubs to score...you just gotta have the right scrubs that can hit shots in those moments.

idk why the hell i keep repeating myself. BOOKER HAS BEEN THE POINT GUARD, CP3 GET INJURED, CP3 NO POINT GUARD IN PLAYOFFS, BOOK POINT GUARD, VERY GOOD. YES.