Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Taylor Swift sets music album sales record

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Right. I understand if it's not your style. No worries there, music is subjective. But to say that it's objectively not good just shows that they're salty.

I can relate. I really kind hate most of what Drake has put out in the last 10 or so years and would rather have listened to The Underachievers or Joey Bada$$, but I'm not going to say that Drake objectively sucks. Although as a rapper he's basic as hell, he does other things that clearly get through.
    There are a lot of people who think pop music in general isn't 'real' music because it's basic. I think that's where most of the animosity comes from. It's too simple for them, so therefore it isn't real and worthy of selling records.

Most people aren't musically gifted and don't give a **** about how simple or complex a song is. They just wanna hear something catchy. And if you grow up hearing a bunch of Drake and Taylor swift at parties, on the radio, pretty much everywhere, then it makes sense why these people have the biggest shows and sell the most records.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    There are a lot of people who think pop music in general isn't 'real' music because it's basic. I think that's where most of the animosity comes from. It's too simple for them, so therefore it isn't real and worthy of selling records.

Most people aren't musically gifted and don't give a **** about how simple or complex a song is. They just wanna hear something catchy. And if you grow up hearing a bunch of Drake and Taylor swift at parties, on the radio, pretty much everywhere, then it makes sense why these people have the biggest shows and sell the most records.
    Yea and it's always existed. You have some old Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin fans scoffing at someone who could possibly think the Beatles are better.

All of the white girls who are teenagers or young adults love her. Her voice and songs are mediocre at best. She's overrated as ****

No hate but ... Music sales are totally different then they were even 15 years ago , let alone the pre-soundscan era.

You think hundreds of people just said no thanks to hundreds of millions of dollars because they didn't feel like being obedient? It's a lot more complex than that.

And regardless of how you feel about the satanic rituals or her music in general, she undoubtedly has a lot talent.

lmao, they dont ask you that. Its a process that happens. Swift might not even know. But shes been picked.

Of course she has talent.

So do thousand of other female singers.

Its not more complex at all.

They pick ones they can manipulate and that wont jump out of line.

If you jump out of line, deals are cut.

Why believe something with zero evidence and zero logic, I've never understood that.

You're talking to a guy who doesn't believe in Satan or other imaginary creatures so that stuff is lost on me.

It's just a girl who can sing and write catchy music bro. There's not some evil creature hand picking and deciding THEY are the ones to spread the evil through bubble gum pop music.

Again it doesnt matter if you dont believe in satan, they do.

And you obviously know there are positive and negative energies. Guess what kind of energy and karma satan worship attracts?

These people:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CoU0FanAlaZ/

do believe in satan.

And believing in satan comes with bad intentions
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 07-19-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 07-19-2023 at 04:29 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    lmao, they dont ask you that. Its a process that happens. Swift might not even know. But shes been picked.

Of course she has talent.

So do thousand of other female singers.

Its not more complex at all.

They pick ones they can manipulate and that wont jump out of line.

If you jump out of line, deals are cut.
    This is where you just don't understand. It's not about being a talented young singer who looks good. Or who made a good song.

She was a 16-17 year old girl banging out dozens of catchy songs that she wrote herself. Who also had all of those other things. That's not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Garbage music too. Makes you wonder how the hell she sells records to be honest.
    I honestly haven't heard a single one of her songs...but I'm gonna take your word that her music is trash, just looking at her I'm thinking I'm not wrong.

This is where you just don't understand. It's not about being a talented young singer who looks good. Or who made a good song.

She was a 16-17 year old girl banging out dozens of catchy songs that she wrote herself. Who also had all of those other things. That's not normal.

And who is giving the go for the records to be played?

She can be as selfmade early on as she wants to be, there comes a point where you cross the treshold to global fame, and they decide if you get there or dont.

And if you dont oblige to their wants, you wont ever get there.

I cant find the cip anymore, but there was a rapper who said basicay at one point he was asked what path he wanted to go. Either left, be supported by them, and have obligations with that, or right, go his own way, and see how far he comes... he chose right and he never sold nearly as much ever since.

Could be true. But maybe it's also because they've heard retro pop music from 80s-00s and prefer that more than what they hear today. You are pretty accurate about saying how others find her songs to be catchy tho.

Yup. This is essentially the jist of it and a bunch of people don't realize she actually changed styles back then (started out as country but it didn't catch on). Musicians are going to go where the money goes until they get to a certain level where they can make what they want again. Surprisingly she did this in COVID and people still loved her stuff. I personally don't get it but I don't have to as I'm not the target audience. To many women I've talked to she's a symbol of power or vulnerability or whatever shit they feel but can't put into words. That's just human connection, not some cultist conspiracy bs

Banned

Isn't she also dating Austing Reaves or something?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    And who is giving the go for the records to be played?

She can be as selfmade early on as she wants to be, there comes a point where you cross the treshold to global fame, and they decide if you get there or dont.

And if you dont oblige to their wants, you wont ever get there.

I cant find the cip anymore, but there was a rapper who said basicay at one point he was asked what path he wanted to go. Either left, be supported by them, and have obligations with that, or right, go his own way, and see how far he comes... he chose right and he never sold nearly as much ever since.
    Your implication was that many people deserved it just as much.

AFD Arby sounding like a 85 year old grandma again shrieking about satanic forces.