Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor has died

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    She should have been banned from ever singing that
    Another anti free speech, cancel culture loving right wing fascist reveals his true motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Another anti free speech, cancel culture loving right wing fascist reveals his true motivations.
    It's alright. It's a free speech of disagreement. That song came out before Sinead had a heat with the Catholic organization. Also, it's just a song.

They’ve never been for free speech.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul View Post
    It ruined her career. But she wasn't wrong.
    It certainly had a negative effect on her exposure but it didn't ruin her career. She did that all on her own. By the time she did that SNL performance all she was putting out was garbage.

If she hadn't sung the Prince written Nothing Compares 2 U, she probably wouldn't have been as famous but continued to make good "alternative" music for years out of Europe. She was very talented but let the fame, America and her SJW motivation become her priority. Plus she obviously had a genetic predisposition to mental illness looking at her family history.

Lighten up it was obviously in jest. Did you not see the emoji? Had to laugh at the irony/hypocrisy

It certainly had a negative effect on her exposure but it didn't ruin her career.

She was basically black listed by record labels, producers and promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul View Post
    She was basically black listed by record labels, producers and promoters.
    Yet she still got out her music and it was crap. Mostly a lot of covers of jazz and reggae. When she did that SNL performance it was to promote her new album which was a HUGE departure from her earlier works. It wasn't even the same genre and alienated all the loyal fans he had for years. Blacklist or not blacklist, her career as a musician was already doomed. Even in the 90s you could only suppress good music so much. Unfortunately she had nothing good to suppress at that point

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Not too familiar with her music tbh

But I have a lot of respect for the way she went against the evil in this world

RIP

Saw a basketball once

The woman had an amazing voice, I think we can all agree on that one. RIP

She should have been banned from ever singing that

SNL audiences are very accustomed to protest and grandstanding but even they were like uhhhhhh....

Joe Pesci was on SNL the next week and addressed the incident in his monologue by taping the photo of the Pope back together and telling the audience without shame if this were his show, he would have literally beat the sh!t out of her.

Being Irish and Catholic, I'm surprised she wasn't assassinated.
    As a Catholic I had mixed feelings, I loved Pope John Paul II but I also understood where she was coming from. It was really sick that the Church protected those pedophile priests and just moved them around so they can continue their perversions

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    As a Catholic I had mixed feelings, I loved Pope John Paul II but I also understood where she was coming from. It was really sick that the Church protected those pedophile priests and just moved them around so they can continue their perversions
    I'm not really taking sides one way the other, just pointing out the irony of her singing a Christmas song after attacking the church, and you know she really didn't care for the religion itself as she converted to Islam later on which adds another ironic twist since the founder of her new religion took a 6 year old wife and consummated the marriage when she was 9.

I like her earlier music, and find her very attractive(I have a thing for women with pale skin, dark hair and predatory eyes)but I took exception to anyone saying that her protest ruined her career. Her career was ruined, aside from her mental disease, because she got lazy and stopped dedicating effort to the craft which made her famous. Because covering the song of one American black singer brought her more money and fame than she ever imagined, she thought doing almost a whole album of covers from black singers of the Americas, would keep easy money rolling in and she could dedicate most of her time to social justice. Well she was wrong, nobody liked that crap and all the fans who loved her earlier work were left hanging.

I'm not really taking sides one way the other, just pointing out the irony of her singing a Christmas song after attacking the church, and you know she really didn't care for the religion itself as she converted to Islam later on which adds another ironic twist since the founder of her new religion took a 6 year old wife and consummated the marriage when she was 9.

I like her earlier music, and find her very attractive(I have a thing for women with pale skin, dark hair and predatory eyes)but I took exception to anyone saying that her protest ruined her career. Her career was ruined, aside from her mental disease, because she got lazy and stopped dedicating effort to the craft which made her famous. Because covering the song of one American black singer brought her more money and fame than she ever imagined, she thought doing almost a whole album of covers from black singers of the Americas, would keep easy money rolling in and she could dedicate most of her time to social justice. Well she was wrong, nobody liked that crap and all the fans who loved her earlier work were left hanging.
    I'm not familiar with her work outside a few songs.

RIP

I forgot to comment on the topic: I’ve never really listened to her but she makes LDD furious so she must have been pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I forgot to comment on the topic: I’ve never really listened to her but she makes LDD furious so she must have been pretty cool.
    Many people would say she's a one hit wonder who only became famous because of a Prince cover(although his song was very underwhelming and not popular). I recognize she was very talented

If it means I'm "furious" because I also recognize she got lazy so be it.

Many people would say she's a one hit wonder who only became famous because of a Prince cover(although his song was very underwhelming and not popular). I recognize she was very talented

If it means I'm "furious" because I also recognize she got lazy so be it.
    Idk man everyone else has been paying their respects and you’ve been shitting on her career. Seems kinda like you’re mad.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    He doesn't like her because she converted to Islam. It's pretty simple actually.

But she did have a tough life, so hope she's at peace now.