Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Why do people do this kind of shit??

Or rather, why do White people do this kind of shit?? You seriously have to watch the whole video.

Default Re: Why do people do this kind of shit??

White people basically. I guess they feel they lived a safe sheltered and boring suburban life and want to get some thrills? You really don't see Hispanics, blacks or Asians doing shit that could easily put your life in danger. I had my fill of life endangering activities just growing up in Chicago's South Side Then me and my wife lived in TJ when shit was going down from 2006 to 2011, I quite enjoy living in a boring safe city right now.

I get thrill seeking behavior like sky diving or bungee jumping, but I literally do not get the appeal of this at all. Forget even the myriad of danger that could happen in becoming lost or getting trapped, what is supposed to be fun about this? You're in a dark cave going through miniscule spaces for what, to see a bunch of rocks? Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    White people basically. I guess they feel they lived a safe sheltered and boring suburban life and want to get some thrills? You really don't see Hispanics, blacks or Asians doing shit that could easily put your life in danger. I had my fill of life endangering activities just growing up in Chicago's South Side Then me and my wife lived in TJ when shit was going down from 2006 to 2011, I quite enjoy living in a boring safe city right now.

Ive heard it posited that whites in general have a much wider range of psychological diversity, which would make sense as they probably have the most physical diversity (varied eye colors, hair textures, skin tones) and the two go hand in hand.

The psychological diversity may have come from being the first group to reach wide spread industrialization, which allowed weird people to survive, who in more primitive, utilitarian circumstances would not have. Or it could be the other way around, the psychological diversity was a key factor in reaching the industrial age first.

But yeah, blacks and asians (and latinos if you count them as a race) generally have a more limited number of subcultures, at least ones with significant differences. Whites have like a million subcultures and personality types. Some are pretty embarrassing, but others frankly are key in developing a modern world.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

caving I could never do , to much 'enclosure and possible panic city'
    I have parachuted , rode thoroughbreds , hunted for dangerous game.

pushing the limit within reason makes life enjoyable and full filling.
    Not taking a chance you live in a closet of despair.

you only live once ... best advise I had from my step father about money was you have to take a chance.
    I bought the ND farm in the Bush admin. when I had a mortgage , and took out a second loan.
    rewards were huge.
    Sky diving was a form of enlightenment.
    I always wanted to scuba dive , I am past that age , but knew guys that traveled the world doing it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I don't know which I would do, if I were required to choose. That particular cave, or this embedded YouTube video.

I feel very uneasy watching those climbing videos. I can feel it in my stomach.

Reminds me of somebody who got in the news before for doing a selfie in the roof and subsequently falling to her death. Ugh.

How do they get back out? Did they inspect the caves before or know about exits or is it just trying to get back out the same way which seems much tougher than sliding down?

alone for the spiders its **** that

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I feel very uneasy watching those climbing videos. I can feel it in my stomach.
    Interesting that you feel in your stomach. I wonder why. I've only known of people feeling it in their legs, crotch. But maybe they are the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Reminds me of somebody who got in the news before for doing a selfie in the roof and subsequently falling to her death. Ugh.
    Which of the two would you choose if you had to? You don't have the upper body strength and balance to do the climbing. So that one would be eventual death. While with the caving in that video, you won't be falling down to your death. So that one seems much safer for you. But the reality of the matter is that you wouldn't even be able to fit through the entrance. And if they open it up for you, then you're going to eventually get stuck, and it's going to be another John Edward Jones.

Autism speaks from someone above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Autism speaks from someone above me.
    Oh, come on. It's an interesting choice. One is a relatively quick death. With a lot of fear, but fear that would only last a few minutes as you climb, and intensify greatly only for a few seconds as you fall. (And chances are that you would die of a heart attack before you hit the ground, like Franz Reichelt.) The other one, you get stuck. They might decide to go and rescue you. But if they don't, you have a lot of fat reserve that could sustain you for months. So instead you would die of dehydration. Unless someone is kind enough to bring you water, then eventually you'll lose weight and disengage from being stuck.

Here's the Franz Reichelt video.

Having the ambition to push the limits of the human mind and body, or explore uncharted territory are noble and admirable endeavors. Why do people act confuse about this? There are millions of people completely confounded about why a man would want to climb a mountain to peak. I seen twitter threads Where blacks are making fun of white ppl for climbing mountains like “white people be climbing mtns and shieet like wtf is up there it’s just a rock ”. Way to out yourself as being completely and utterly unintellectual and incurious about the world.