Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default If Lebron > MJ despite less rings & accolade, then KD can be > Lebron too

I value teammate development, chemistry, strategic capacity/coaching and team ceiling/Finals record, so Durant will be over Lebron in my book after he wins his 3rd chip next year, and I might put him above Lebron already because the MJ/Lebron debate shows that ring count and accolades don't matter.

Durant helped develop Westbrick, which Lebron could never do, and Durant's skillset allowed the highest team ceiling possibly ever in 2017 and 2018 - a Luka or Lebron-style ball-dominator would've prevented the GOAT brand of ball and team celling that Durant's skillset allowed.. Durant enhances great supporting talent, while Lebron destroys teammates and needs more help... TLDR: KD > Lebron

Default Re: If Lebron > MJ despite less rings & accolade, then KD can be > Lebron too

Horry>MJ

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: If Lebron > MJ despite less rings & accolade, then KD can be > Lebron too

OP just proved that Durant is better than Jordan. Well done.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post

If someone can use whatever subjective preference they like to put Lebron over Jordan despite far less rings or accolade, than it isn't wrong to put KD over Lebron for whatever reason anyone wants..

Lebron fans put him over Jordan because they think it's goat to need 7 games to win a Finals with a super-team no less, so I put KD over Lebron for my own reasons that happen to align with reality - KD's expert jumpshooting skillset could get 50 while the ball moves, so he was better at developing teammates, chemistry and strategic capacity/coaching, thereby yielding higher team ceilings/Finals records..

KD developed Westbrook and made the Finals with him, which Lebron could never do.. So he's better than Lebron, which PPG also reflects in a serious way.. KD can get a bucket, while Lebron must ponder and dribble before the stiff-arm.. No wonder this simpleton brand of ball couldn't win the East with homecourt and needed to form super-teams, yet still had perennial underdogs regardless of cast.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    If someone can use whatever subjective preference they like to put Lebron over Jordan despite far less rings or accolade, than it isn't wrong to put KD over Lebron for whatever reason anyone wants..
    You’ve proven time and time again that people can say anything using whatever reasoning they want. That’s like your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Oof.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    You’ve proven time and time again that people can say anything using whatever reasoning they want. That’s like your thing.

I'm not the one saying that the loser is infact the winner and better player.. You are

I'm not the one trying to say that winning doesn't matter.. You are

I'm saying that winning matters and you're saying this is somehow unique reasoning or whatever.. It's sheer denial and delusion on your part. But carry on

NBA Superstar

I'm not the one saying that the loser is infact the winner and better player.. You are

I'm not the one trying to say that winning doesn't matter.. You are

I'm saying that winning matters and you're saying this is somehow unique reasoning or whatever
    When?

7-time NBA All-Star

When?

You defend the general notion that Lebron could be GOAT despite half the winning or MVP frequency as MJ (aka far less winning and accolade)

Since you're using subjective preference to explain away Lebron's winning and accolade deficit, then I can do the same for Durant..

And I like my arguments, aka KD's goat jumpshooting, scoring and brand of ball or capacity for high team ceiling, etc, etc.

NBA Superstar

You defend the general notion that Lebron could be GOAT despite half the winning or MVP frequency as MJ (aka far less winning and accolade)

Since you're using subjective preference to explain away Lebron's winning and accolade deficit, then I can do the same for Durant..

And I like my arguments, aka KD's goat jumpshooting, scoring and brand of ball or capacity for high team ceiling, etc, etc.
    When was that? I’ve been on here a little while now, sure you could find a quote or something.

7-time NBA All-Star

When was that? I’ve been on here a little while now, sure you could find a quote or something.

You argue against my claims that Lebron's skillset has bad chemistry, fits, teammate development, strategic capacity/coaching and therefore team ceilings/Finals records.. You argue against these claims.. And if you're right and Lebron's skillset infact allows great chemistry, teammate development, fits, and strategic capacity/coaching, then he's GOAT and simply got uniquely unlucky each time he lost..

So you do argue for Lebron as GOAT, by arguing against my claims and arguments that his weak brand of ball inhibits his winning

NBA Superstar

You argue against my claims that Lebron's skillset has bad chemistry, fits, teammate development, strategic capacity/coaching and therefore team ceilings/Finals records.. You argue against these claims.. And if you're right and Lebron's skillset infact allows great chemistry, teammate development, fits, and strategic capacity/coaching, then he's GOAT and simply got uniquely unlucky each time he lost..

So you do argue for Lebron as GOAT, by arguing against my claims and arguments.

Jesus Christ

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

8000 playofff pts
    40,000 reg szn pts

/get worked

Peja > op

has luka or lebron ever been on a team as talented and well fitting as the 17-18 warriors? there is maybe 1-2 other star in nba history who has been on a team like that(83 sixers) so that claim is purely hypothetical. I personally dont think prime lebron would destroy curry, klay, and dray, the fit is really good better than on paper than it was with kd. I'm throwing out hypotheticals too but think warriors fans would agree