Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: MJ is at least 3 times richer than Lebron despite being out of public eye for 20

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    That's nice but on the court MJ is a worse/less efficient scorer than LBJ, a worse rebounder, a worse playmaker and passer, a worse/less versatile defender, a worse leader wIth lower basketball iq...who's also 4 inches shorter and 60 lbs lighter.

Not my goat.
    "worse scorer..."

10 scoring titles to 1. Still holds the playoff game scoring record.

Desperate Bronie fluffers are so cute. Keep showing off that low IQ of yours.

Default Re: MJ is at least 3 times richer than Lebron despite being out of public eye for 20

LOL @ 10 stat padding titles.

OP just a heads up, it probably isn't a good idea to bring up Charlotte.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    OP just a heads up, it probably isn't a good idea to bring up Charlotte.
    He made a killing on the deal......I think the wealth discussion is just silly, but if you're going to go there, he did make a crap ton of money with Charlotte.

Arguing about other people's money is not cool man.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    He made a killing on the deal......I think the wealth discussion is just silly, but if you're going to go there, he did make a crap ton of money with Charlotte.
    He might have made more if it wasn't for his awful draft record.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's wrong headed to even engage in this debate. The unimportant details to discussed:

Both men are fabulously wealthy.

Both men for that money off of being the most popular player in the NBA.

Because one guy is old enough to be the other guy's father he's had a longer time to accumulate wealth. Neither guy had anything to worry about financially.

If you insist in engaging in this beaten to death MJ vs Lebron debate this isn't the place to take it to. Accumulating wealth is a side effect of a player's greatness. It does not prove it. Making money has to do with a lot of factors that have nothing to do with how great a career someone had. Plenty of guys in the Hall of Fame had to sell things like championship rings later in life to get their grandkids through college or just put food on the table. Does anyone other than me point at the contract as a justification to say Jaylen Brown is greater than D Wade? Of course not. This thread is extremely petty. The OP... well I won't say what I really think about the OP because my true thoughts on how he should be dealt with are possibly illegal. But this thread is done of the worst crap you can post with a G rating.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip View Post
    Yeah. Sure. MJ is "out of the public eye".
    I'm still trying to figure out when did this ever happen.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    It's wrong headed to even engage in this debate. The unimportant details to discussed:

Both men are fabulously wealthy.

Both men for that money off of being the most popular player in the NBA.

Because one guy is old enough to be the other guy's father he's had a longer time to accumulate wealth. Neither guy had anything to worry about financially.

If you insist in engaging in this beaten to death MJ vs Lebron debate this isn't the place to take it to. Accumulating wealth is a side effect of a player's greatness. It does not prove it. Making money has to do with a lot of factors that have nothing to do with how great a career someone had. Plenty of guys in the Hall of Fame had to sell things like championship rings later in life to get their grandkids through college or just put food on the table. Does anyone other than me point at the contract as a justification to say Jaylen Brown is greater than D Wade? Of course not. This thread is extremely petty. The OP... well I won't say what I really think about the OP because my true thoughts on how he should be dealt with are possibly illegal. But this thread is done of the worst crap you can post with a G rating.
    Yeah. This thread is weird. What is even the point here? lol. This isn't about basketball with this guy though. We all already knew though. It's likely not even a "real person."

Really pointless thread but Lebron being a billionaire before 40, it's not hard to figure he's gonna multiply that several times over by the time he gets to 60( MJ's age) once he transitions into his media mogul/team ownership phase, which is quite obviously what his post-NBA days will be.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    He might have made more if it wasn't for his awful draft record.
    This.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    That's nice but on the court MJ is a worse/less efficient scorer than LBJ, a worse rebounder, a worse playmaker and passer, a worse/less versatile defender, a worse leader wIth lower basketball iq...who's also 4 inches shorter and 60 lbs lighter.

Not my goat.

Shooting efficiency falls under the umbrella of efficiency per possession (ortg), where Jordan's is higher because Lebron can't take care of the ball (all-time turnover leader)..

And Lebron's shooting efficiency is based on a ball-dominant rim attack that sacrifices ball movement, team offense, and winning compared to Jordan's expert jumpshooting that yielded better chemistry, strategy and winning.. So efficiency doesn't really matter unless it's a significant gap, which it isn't..

And in addition to a bad brand of ball, Lebron's efficiency was also boosted by having equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention, while MJ had to defeat max defensive attention (carry scoring load).

Of course, Lebron wasn't all-defense in his 30's, so he wasn't required to be a good defender for half his chips - versatility doesn't equal good defense and Lebron's lack of all-defense in his 30's shows that he sucked on defense compared to Mike.. Regarding bball IQ, Lebron's ball-dominant skillset imposes spot-up roles (low IQ), so he doesn't know how to move the ball (play and facilitate ball movement (play off-ball) or fit with all player types and develop young players..

So you're wrong on every count.