Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire averaged 37 pts against prime Tim Duncan in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    have some dignity and self-respect
    You steal my words as your make an Amare/Duncan thread about Lebron to desperately get my attention. Yikes.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire averaged 37 pts against prime Tim Duncan in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    From 99-03 the Spurs offense was dribble and see what happens but then give Duncan the ball. He won 2 championships and 2 MVPs doing that.

Post offense was considered a good brand of ball just like 3-pointers today

So when Duncan was dominating and carrying the load, it was still a good brand of ball that could beat top teams..

Otoh, Lebron is too ball-dominant at carry-job volume, so he loses to Orlando and needs great scoring help to beat top teams..

Unlike Duncan or Jordan, Lebron can't beat Finals teams or top 5 SRS teams with weak scoring and efficiency from a sidekick... And unlike Jordan, Kobe, Duncan or Curry, Lebron needs franchise players at sidekick that can match him in scoring - he can't carry the scoring load like those guys (insufficient brand to beat top teams)..

So Lebron is vastly inferior compared to these guys and also other guys that could win much more with much less

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Post offense was considered a good brand of ball just like 3-pointers today

So when Duncan was dominating and carrying the load, it was still a good brand of ball that could beat top teams..
    Agreed.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Agreed.

What about when Lebron tries to carry the load like his 38 ppg ball-domination against the injured Magic?

Why didn't that work?

And don't cite Mo Williams because Duncan and Jordan won with less from their sidekick and worse team defenses

The reality is that Lebron is too ball-dominant at carry-job volume, so he needs franchise guys that can match his scoring (Wade, Kyrie, AD)... supplementary guys like parker, klay, mo or pippen aren't enough help for bron because his brand of ball is insufficient at carry-job volume to beat top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    anyone that seen him in the 2004 olympics knew he wasn't an all time great. I understand they were calling fouls generously, but you're supposedly a top 3 player in the entire world.

disgrace
    I see some referencing the inexperience of Lebron in 2007 Finals or the youth/inexperience of OKC in 2012 Finals. How about the youth and inexperience of the 2004 US Olympic team? I'd like to know what you expect a defense first coach like Larry Brown to do with these rookies/inexperienced players and "defensive studs/team players"(sarcasm) like Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury?

Lebron James 19
    Carmelo Anthony 20
    Amare Stoudemire 21
    Emeka Okafor 21
    Dwayne Wade 22
    Carlos Boozer 22
    Lamar Odom 24
    Richard Jefferson 24
    Shawn Marion 26

I guess you expect Duncan to carry them to Olympic gold like he carried the Spurs to a ring the year before. Sorry, no such miracle with this lot - especially not against a well-oiled team used to playing with each other like the Argentinians. A better constructed team might have helped - like a Ray Allen or anyone who could shoot from distance.
    Last edited by rmt; 08-13-2023 at 11:59 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    I see some referencing the inexperience of Lebron in 2007 Finals or the youth/inexperience of OKC in 2012 Finals. How about the youth and inexperience of the 2004 US Olympic team? I'd like to know what you expect a defense first coach like Larry Brown to do with these rookies/inexperienced players and "defensive studs/team players"(sarcasm) like Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury?

Lebron James 19
    Carmelo Anthony 20
    Amare Stoudemire 21
    Emeka Okafor 21
    Dwayne Wade 22
    Carlos Boozer 22
    Lamar Odom 24
    Richard Jefferson 24
    Shawn Marion 26

I guess you expect Duncan to carry them to Olympic gold like he carried the Spurs to a ring the year before. Sorry, no such miracle with this lot - especially not against a well-oiled team used to playing with each other like the Argentinians. A better constructed team might have helped - like a Ray Allen or anyone who could shoot from distance.

2003 began the ball-dominance era because Wade, Lebron, and Melo entered the league, while D'Antoni/Nash showed the league the right format for ball-domination..

This ball-dominant format has been underachieving internationally ever since.. Didn't France just beat us in the 2020 Olympics?.. Evan Fournier was beating the breaks off the US due to superior brand of ball (not superior talent)

Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post

Lebron James 19
    Carmelo Anthony 20
    Amare Stoudemire 21
    Emeka Okafor 21
    Dwayne Wade 22
    Carlos Boozer 22
    Lamar Odom 24
    Richard Jefferson 24
    Shawn Marion 26

zero excuses for scoring 12 ppg and getting 4 rebounds