Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire averaged 37 pts against prime Tim Duncan in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    what about 11?

at that point lebron had the experience in both nba and also deep post season including finals, he had all nba teammates he hand picked, he was in his physical prime. he still choked.
    Wasn’t aware that the conversation was about 11. To my knowledge it was the comparison between young Lebron and young thunder. At least that’s what I was responding to.

Nice twist though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire averaged 37 pts against prime Tim Duncan in the playoff

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Wasn’t aware that the conversation was about 11. To my knowledge it was the comparison between young Lebron and young thunder. At least that’s what I was responding to.

Nice twist though.
    no no. it started as young lebron and how he gets a pass for 07 due to age and lack of experience. but when you apply the same criteria to his opposition in 2012 that is not allowed…

that segues into 2011 to reinforce the point about how his competition in 2012 was extremely lack luster, easy pickins., LeBron was still floundering in his second finals at age 26 so how can we expect the thunder’s core to produce at a high level when it was only their first appearance on the big show at a mere 22 and 23 years old.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    no no. it started as young lebron and how he gets a pass for 07 due to age and lack of experience. but when you apply the same criteria to his opposition in 2012 that is not allowed…

that segues into 2011 to reinforce the point about how his competition in 2012 was extremely lack luster, easy pickins., LeBron was still floundering in his second finals at age 26 so how can we expect the thunder’s core to produce at a high level when it was only their first appearance on the big show at a mere 22 and 23 years old.
    I suppose if you really want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Letting Amare go off like that was definitely not in the spurs game plan. Shawn Marion was the weak link with his awful spacing, shooting, scoring, and passing. The suns probably would've won with a PJ Tucker or Robert covington type in his place. Anybody that could shoot a jumper and play defense.
    Yeah, it's easy to say that when you win. I honestly do think that's a slight mark on TD. It's true that it doesn't matter, but man to man, you know TD wished he could have done more. Amare was nuts, though. Those suns were nuts, too. They probably deserved a ring at some point during the time they were re-defining the NBA. I think their offense was more exciting than even GSW. The NBA wasn't ready to accept it yet, though.

Edit: nobody thought OKC had a chance in 2012 lool.

-Smak

anyone that seen him in the 2004 olympics knew he wasn't an all time great. I understand they were calling fouls generously, but you're supposedly a top 3 player in the entire world.

disgrace

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    anyone that seen him in the 2004 olympics knew he wasn't an all time great. I understand they were calling fouls generously, but you're supposedly a top 3 player in the entire world.

disgrace
    So a handful of Olympic games on a poorly constructed team with a coach he did not vibe with at all matters more than the 1600 or so games he played in the NBA? Got it.

So a handful of Olympic games on a poorly constructed team with a coach he did not vibe with at all matters more than the 1600 or so games he played in the NBA? Got it.
    Fool proof logic.

what's his stats for that tournament?

7-time NBA All-Star

So a handful of Olympic games and the 2011 Finals and the 2010 ECSF and the 2007 Finals and the 2005 lottery season with an all-star teammate and the 2019 season with "playoff mode" and the 2023 sweep to Denver despite talent edge and 2021 loss as preseason favorite and 2009 loss as favorite and 2008 locked up by Celtics in playoffs and record loss to fossil Duncan

Got it.

fixed

Lebron is simply a loser by virtue of all his losing

NBA Superstar

what's his stats for that tournament?
    I don't know. My argument that the tournament doesn't matter still stands.

7-time NBA All-Star

My argument that the tournament doesn't matter still stands.

But the 2007 Finals mattered (locked up)

the 2008 ECSF mattered (locked up)

the 2009 ECF mattered (upset)

the 2010 ECSF mattered (upset)

the 2011 Finals mattered (choke)

the 2014 Finals mattered (record loss to 37-year old)

the 2017 Finals mattered (record loss with super-team)

the 2019 season mattered (lottery with Ingram)

the 2005 season mattered (lottery with all-star teammate)

Lebron is simply a loser by virtue of his record losses and record losing championship record

I don't know. My argument that the tournament doesn't matter still stands.
    maybe i put it a little harsh

all time great to me is a top 10 player, someone that should scare the sh*t out of you playing versus.

the guy was supposed to be some all time can't miss player, but watching those 04 olympics you never got that feeling at all. I expected shaq, jordan type stuff out of him. Not the first team since using pro's to go on to not win a gold.

it made it very clear that he wasn't some guy that you just dump the ball down to and get the hell out of the way. The same flack so many people send towards kevin garnett, duncan should have gotten all kinds of it.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    But the 2007 Finals mattered (locked up)

the 2008 ECSF mattered (locked up)

the 2009 ECF mattered (upset)

the 2010 ECSF mattered (upset)

the 2011 Finals mattered (choke)

the 2014 Finals mattered (record loss to 37-year old)

the 2017 Finals mattered (record loss with super-team)

the 2019 season mattered (lottery with Ingram)

the 2005 season mattered (lottery with all-star teammate)

Lebron is simply a loser by virtue of his record losses and record losing championship record
    You're literally like a puppy who needs to go outside to piss right now. Here's your treat. Good boy.

NBA Superstar

maybe i put it a little harsh

all time great to me is a top 10 player, someone that should scare the sh*t out of you playing versus.

the guy was supposed to be some all time can't miss player, but watching those 04 olympics you never got that feeling at all. I expected shaq, jordan type stuff out of him. Not the first team since using pro's to go on to not win a gold.

it made it very clear that he wasn't some guy that you just dump the ball down to and get the hell out of the way. The same flack so many people send towards kevin garnett, duncan should have gotten all kinds of it.
    I would agree that that's the criteria. The Spurs from 03-07 or so when Duncan was truly in his prime was not fun. It wasn't flashy but you were going to lose the battle.

The way you talk about Duncan though makes me think that you didn't watch the Spurs much before Parker and Manu ascended. From 99-03 the Spurs offense was dribble and see what happens but then give Duncan the ball. He won 2 championships and 2 MVPs doing that.

7-time NBA All-Star

You're literally like a puppy who needs to go outside to piss right now. Here's your treat. Good boy.

have some dignity and self-respect