Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Ricky Rubio decided to step away from basketball for a while for his mental health.

He’s supposed to be ok now physically…

Default Re: Ricky Rubio decided to step away from basketball for a while for his mental healt

Good on him. Must also be nice to be in your early 30s and retire tomorrow if you want

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio decided to step away from basketball for a while for his mental healt

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    Good on him. Must also be nice to be in your early 30s and retire tomorrow if you want
    This. Go home spend time with your 3 year old and **** your smoking spanish wife. That'll cure whatever you got

Love Rubio. I was just watching the 08 game against Spain, and it's amazing that he was able to stay on the court without getting exploited by all time greats as a 16 year old.

He always brought real joy to the game.

My wife loves this clip of him, we quote it all the time.
    https://youtu.be/ZZgU0cT_TfI

He deserves a lot of credit for the crazy stats Love put up in Minny. It's a shame that Rubio never got a run on a more talented team before his injuries.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Love Rubio. I was just watching the 08 game against Spain, and it's amazing that he was able to stay on the court without getting exploited by all time greats as a 16 year old.

He always brought real joy to the game.

My wife loves this clip of him, we quote it all the time.
    https://youtu.be/ZZgU0cT_TfI

He deserves a lot of credit for the crazy stats Love put up in Minny. It's a shame that Rubio never got a run on a more talented team before his injuries.
    he had plenty of talent in Utah. Wasn't a lot of joy watching him spot up in the corner for 3, defend guys from behind just going for steals, his adventures with lay ups or his fancy passes for turnovers where no one knew what the guy could have possibly even been thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    he had plenty of talent in Utah. Wasn't a lot of joy watching him spot up in the corner for 3, defend guys from behind just going for steals, his adventures with lay ups or his fancy passes for turnovers where no one knew what the guy could have possibly even been thinking.
    Not being played to his strengths anymore because of how the injuries sapped his game.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    Not being played to his strengths anymore because of how the injuries sapped his game.
    he's been played to his strengths since he left Utah. He plays with a lot of energy but not a lot of smarts. He makes sense off the bench. Never made sense starting

Dude's been pro since 14. Finally some time for him to breathe.

Very good NBA starter

Probably the vaxx

Banned

So did Britney Griner. What do those two have in common?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Probably the vaxx

NBA rookie of the year

Religious dogma might have stunted Rubio's growth

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...a_bad_shooter/

Why is Ricky Rubio such a bad shooter?
    Because he's a left handed shooter but his Spanish team and Spanish National Team forced him to use his right. He uses his left dominantly in the NBA and doesn't yet have the muscle memory that comes with using the same hand for ten years straight
    That makes no sense though, why would someone force him to use his less dominant hand to shoot?
    Possibly a cultural/religious thing? One of my teachers in high school went to a catholic school in the 50s and was forced to use his right hand because the teachers associated left-handedness with Satan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax View Post
    Religious dogma might have stunted Rubio's growth

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...a_bad_shooter/
    has a hard time making a lay up with either hand

NBA rookie of the year

These religious extremists even forced Lebron to shoot with his right hand

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketba...t-right-handed

3 current NBA players who are lefties but shoot right-handed

#1 LeBron James

Obviously, LeBron James is on this list because it's well-known that he is naturally left-handed. He does everything with his left hand, but he uses his right to shoot a basketball. That might be why he struggled with his jump shot early in his NBA career, but he's a much-improved shooter now.

In a postgame interview during the 2017 NBA playoffs, James was asked why he chose to shoot with his right hand. He really did not know the reason. But he said that while growing up, all of his favorite players shot with the right hand, which could be a good explanation for that.
    “I have no idea how I became a right-handed basketball player; I think it was probably Michael Jordan, Penny Hardaway, guys that I looked up to growing up. Seeing those guys shooting righty, so I was like ‘I guess I’ll shoot righty.’ Yeah I’m pretty much a left-hand guy,” James said.

Dude doesn't get enough credit for how big of a role him signing with the Suns helped the franchise turn around.

He was such a huge upgrade over the G-League point guards we were starting for years. He was the first actual good unrestricted free agent who chose to sign with us in ages when we were dogsh*t for so long with a toxic ass losing culture and just hired our 5th coach in 5 seasons. Rubio's positive confident energy really helped move the culture in the right direction finally. He also had a good chemistry with Kelly Oubre and helped increase Oubre's trade value, while also playing good for us and boosting his own value up. And we traded him + Oubre while their values were high for CP3 helping us get to the next level.

If he never chose to sign with us in free agency, we probably never would have went 8-0 in the bubble and started getting some hype around the league as an up and coming team. CP3 most likely would have never forced a trade to Phoenix. Thus we never would have went to the Finals. Thus probably never would have become KD's #1 preferred destination. KD probably wouldn't be here. If KD wasn't here, Beal probably wouldn't have forced a trade here, and even if he somehow did we wouldn't have had an 80 year old CP3 to fleece Washington with.

Basically we owe getting to experience our "big 3"(4 if Ayton steps his effort up now that Monty's gone) to Ricky Rubio's sacrifice. It's no coincidence that his career started going downhill once we traded him. He died for this.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 08-09-2023 at 04:43 AM.