NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Jake Paul dominates Nate Diaz

Default Re: Jake Paul dominates Nate Diaz

Nate did Nate's thing. And it was entertaining. Kudos to him.

It was a good entertaining fight though. Diaz hung in there. I would not consider it domination, but Paul clearly won

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    It was a good entertaining fight though. Diaz hung in there. I would not consider it domination, but Paul clearly won
    Agreed. Diaz had enough rounds where he clearly won and took the fight to him so I wouldn’t call it dominant. But yes it was absolutely clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Agreed. Diaz had enough rounds where he clearly won and took the fight to him so I wouldn’t call it dominant. But yes it was absolutely clear.
    I began to wonder during the first round if the fight was over lol. I was thinking 'KO' the way Paul was fighting, but Diaz held it in. He was like Rocky out there with his endurance & asking for the hits. Took it like a champ. Perhaps if he was 5 years younger, we could have had some different results. His first boxing fight and 12 years older, forget it.

Banned

Paul is making a name for himself fighting MMA fighters in a different sport - boxing.

It's working out for him, and he's making tons of money, but if he wants to be taken seriously as a boxer, he needs to fight actual boxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    Paul is making a name for himself fighting MMA fighters in a different sport - boxing.

It's working out for him, and he's making tons of money, but if he wants to be taken seriously as a boxer, he needs to fight actual boxers.
    He wants a rematch against Tommy Fury, a kinda actual boxer that Jake lost to before the Nate Diaz fight.

Jake probably will lose again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    He wants a rematch against Tommy Fury, a kinda actual boxer that Jake lost to before the Nate Diaz fight.

Jake probably will lose again.
    I would expect so.

We all knew this would happen. If he actually gets into the cage with Nate, it'll be interesting. He wants too much money for it to actually happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post

At this point why bother? Just keep milking these exhibitions vs favorable opponents all the way to the bank. Once he starts taking on actual boxers the risk reward isn’t in his favor. He loses and he can’t go back to these exhibition fights getting money. I’m not a fan of the Paul bros. But I give him credit for actually training seriously and capitalizing off this adventure he’s on. Forget what I feel about you. Keep cashing in. No need for actual boxers.

Did Nate really take home $20mil for this?