Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kobe/MJ elevates; lebron denigrates

This is a pattern I’ve observed between fans of Kobe/MJ vs fans of lebron. Kobe/MJ’s co stars are beloved while lebrons co-stars are trashed. Guys like Derek fisher, bj Armstrong, Craig hodges, Rick fox, kukoc, Lamar Odom, longley, Bynum etc etc are all beloved by the Kobe/MJ fanbase. We recognize the effect of the limelight Kobe/MJ shone on these players and made us understand the necessity and dependency of the noble role player. These guys are all fan favorites.

Meanwhile who are lebron’s beloved co-stars? His stans constantly trash kyrie. No respect for Bosh. They’ve turned AD into an injury meme even though he’s missed fewer games than kd, Kahwi and PG the last 3 years. No love for guys like big Z, JR, K Love, Hughes etc. they fade into obscurity. Only udonis and wade have legacies but that’s only because they established them before teaming up with lebron.

Lebron is toxic and could never elevate a role player like Pippen into a top 50 of all time player according to the nba. We have fond memories of Kobe/MJ role players but none of lebron. Reminder that basketball is a team game that’s why Kobe/MJ>>>>lebron.

Default Re: Kobe/MJ elevates; lebron denigrates

LeBron makes OP so mad he has to create an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    LeBron makes OP so mad he has to create an alternate reality.
    I love basketball so much I will defend it against anyone who ruins it, including lebron and yourself. It’s not wrong to defend something you love so much that it gives meaning to your life. If that makes me ‘obsessed’ with lebron so be it. I make no apologies.

NBA Superstar

Honestly the Kobe fans had as much to do with all of this as Lebron fans.

could it be because MJ and Kobe fans rely on team accomplishments in their argument?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    could it be because MJ and Kobe fans rely on team accomplishments in their argument?
    Yes because basketball is a team game you doofus. It’s not tennis. If lebron committed his 3 brains cells to better ball movement and roster building he would have more chips than MJ. But he’s a loser midwit much like yourself you turk roach.

Yeah I'd ask Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant, Pau etc about that Op.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    I love basketball so much I will defend it against anyone who ruins it, including lebron and yourself. It’s not wrong to defend something you love so much that it gives meaning to your life. If that makes me ‘obsessed’ with lebron so be it. I make no apologies.
    You don’t love basketball. You love Kobe Bryant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    What??? Jordan has more individual accomplishments than anyone other than Wilt.

Banned

I'm a diehard MJ fan and will always take him in any debate over Lebron, but to insinuate that Pippen would have been a nobody if it weren't fot MJ seems just a tad bit presumptuous.

If MJ had the magical ability to turn a random nobody into a multiple time all-star, then why stop at Pippen? Lol. Obviously Scottie was a special talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    sure, but his fans still dumb it down to the team accomplishment because he doesnt have a clear edge over lebron outside of them.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post

Kareem has more mvps, more all nba teams, more all D teams and all star appearances. He was voted finals MVP three times, but he was only handed 2 for TV production purposes, and history has just gone with it as if he didn’t win the vote ever since. Jordan really has three more finals MVPs and eight more scoring titles, but led the league in other things five less times. I suspect had the award existed Kareem would have a few defensive player of the years as well. He’s at least on par with the other two individual accolade wise.

Then of course there’s the fact that even if you don’t look at Russell having 11 rings, he still has five MVPs and would probably have 7 to 9 finals MVPs if the award existed and at least as many defensive player of the years. Accolade wise it just depends on which ones you choose to weigh the heaviest and if you’re going to take points away, not for performance, but for the existence of a particular award to recognize it. Accolade wise you wouldn’t look stupid with any of those guys at the top spot.

Id say individually it’s hard to separate that bunch. No dumb answer in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Kareem has more mvps, more all nba teams, more all D teams and all star appearances. He was voted finals MVP three times, but he was only handed 2 for TV production purposes, and history has just gone with it as if he didn’t win the vote ever since. Jordan really has three more finals MVPs and eight more scoring titles, but led the league and other things five less times. I suspect had the award existed Kareem would have a few defensive player of the years as well. He’s at least on par with the other two individual accolade wise. I then of course there’s the fact that even if you don’t look at Russell having 11 rings, he still has five MVPs and would probably have 7 to 9 finals MVPs if the award existed and at least as many defensive player of the years. Accolade wise it just depends on which ones you choose to weigh the heaviest and if you’re going to take points away, not for performance, but for the existence of a particular award to recognize it. Accolade wise you wouldn’t look stupid with any of those guys at the top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Kareem has more mvps, more all nba teams, more all D teams and all star appearances. He was voted finals MVP three times, but he was only handed 2 for TV production purposes, and history has just gone with it as if he didn’t win the vote ever since. Jordan really has three more finals MVPs and eight more scoring titles, but led the league in other things five less times. I suspect had the award existed Kareem would have a few defensive player of the years as well. He’s at least on par with the other two individual accolade wise.

Then of course there’s the fact that even if you don’t look at Russell having 11 rings, he still has five MVPs and would probably have 7 to 9 finals MVPs if the award existed and at least as many defensive player of the years. Accolade wise it just depends on which ones you choose to weigh the heaviest and if you’re going to take points away, not for performance, but for the existence of a particular award to recognize it. Accolade wise you wouldn’t look stupid with any of those guys at the top spot.

Id say individually it’s hard to separate that bunch. No dumb answer in my eyes.
    Good post. It's Kareem and not Lebron who has the best case going up against Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    Good post. It's Kareem and not Lebron who has the best case going up against Jordan.
    Not really when you start to consider how many times you guys bring lebron's name up in that conversation.