View Poll Results: Was the 3-point barrage in 92' Finals luck or clear intention?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luck/Random, aka "he just happened to get hot"

4 57.14%
  • Clear intention - MJ decided to come through on the biggest stage

3 42.86%
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Was it luck/random? ("he just happened to get hot"), or was it clear intention??

Jordan's 3-point barrage in the 1992 Finals
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-16-2023 at 04:07 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Was it luck/random? ("he just happened to get hot"), or was it clear intention??

great players like the big stage(.)

Default Re: Was it luck/random? ("he just happened to get hot"), or was it clear intention??

He took that personal.

I think he just got on a hot streak like most great scorers do from time to time. And I'm sure he had the mentality of if you don't defend it I'll keep taking it, took the 6 for the Blazers to believe it lol. The shrug let you know it was out of the ordinary for him, but some great guys are just shot makers that make anything they want happen whether they excel at it or not. Barkley comes to mind alot in this scenario.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    I think he just got on a hot streak like most great scorers do from time to time. And I'm sure he had the mentality of if you don't defend it I'll keep taking it, took the 6 for the Blazers to believe it lol. The shrug let you know it was out of the ordinary for him, but some great guys are just shot makers that make anything they want happen whether they excel at it or not. Barkley comes to mind alot in this scenario.

Barkley hit 6 threes in a half of a Finals game?

Only Jordan did that until Curry or someone like that broke his record.

If a good judge of talent or scout were to really think about it (and it won't take much thinking) - they will quickly conclude that Jordan had perfect form - flawless and amazing.. The problem is that no one viewed Jordan in that way as a goat jumpshooter - everyone just thought of him as a slasher until the 2nd three-peat - these are literal facts.. But Jordan is the goat 2-point jumpshooter that hit more 2-point jumpshots in 1987 than anyone ever has in a season - he was already an all-time jumpshooter by 1987.

And go analyze Jordan's form and pretend you're a scout that is drafting players for a higher league - your scouting report would read as follows: "great jumpshooting form, great FT shooter, amazing pull-up mechanics either direction and elevates higher on jumpshots than anyone I've ever seen; seems to hit everything in crunch time and seems to always be "hot"; aggressive high motor and pursuit of the next one - he NEVER gets down; his 3-point shooting is spotty but he doesn't take any volume, although he shoots great anytime he has volume just like his form indicates - in today's spaced-out format and three-point strategies, Jordan could be one of the top 3-point shooters in the game because his great form will be getting in rhythm from deep routinely instead of shooting tough bailout volume; his elevation allows him to shoot with hands in his face and he already has a great step-back.. oh, and an amazing turnaround jumper and footwork - fundamentally sound AND athletic as hell with the best hang-time I've ever seen"

A smart scouting report on Jordan's jumper would something like this give-or-take.. he's the goat SHOOTING guard for a reason
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-17-2023 at 10:20 PM.