Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why does the bible endorse slavery?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting people to worship him.
    theman93 meltdown incoming.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You were wrong the first time, what makes you think you'll be right this time??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You were wrong the first time, what makes you think you'll be right this time??
    Another lonely night huh Chewy? Is me bullying you the only attention you get?

Another lonely night huh Chewy? Is me bullying you the only attention you get?
    You couldn't bully anyone even if you tried and even if the person was handicapped and stuck in a wheelchair and talked like Stephen Hawking. They would probably bully you.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post

"Existence is pain" - RRR3

/thread

Except that was because of a loss of a relationship, something you'll never even have.

/thread

Grow a pair of balls, son. When one relationship ends, move on to the next one. Don't post your sob story on ISH for everyone to laugh at you.

You're probably guilty of putting these hoes on a pedestal. That's your problem.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Deuteronomy 22:28–29

“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and rapes her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days."

Marry the woman you raped, sick stuff.

For the record, I do believe in a higher power and believe the bible has some positive stuff in it as well, but I do not see it as the word of God. I believe it's been manipulated many times by powerful people in order to control the masses.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting people to worship him.
    I love talking me some Gnosticism. It really is self defeating when you examine it's origins. He wants to point the finger and say all these things in the Bible are bad (which he proof read and failed to dive in to the context and historical context), but at the same time he has no standard to call anything absolutely wrong given his gnosticism. Gnosticists believes the immaterial is good and the material is evil, but they have no basis for this claim. He also claims that everything is corrupted once man touches it, but holds the Nag Hammadi Scriptures to be true which is a self refutation.

Good call.

Lol I just enjoy a dialogue made in good faith. Something you've shown you aren't really capable of tbh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    I love talking me some Gnosticism. It really is self defeating when you examine it's origins. He wants to point the finger and say all these things in the Bible are bad (which he proof read and failed to dive in to the context and historical context), but at the same time he has no standard to call anything absolutely wrong given his gnosticism. Gnosticists believes the immaterial is good and the material is evil, but they have no basis for this claim. He also claims that everything is corrupted once man touches it, but holds the Nag Hammadi Scriptures to be true which is a self refutation.
    What made you think he was Gnostic? He simply pointed out he agrees with some of their teachings. Billy Carson uses alot Emerald Tablets which are almost 40,000 years old to prove his points, which are also highly regarded by Muslims. I'm guessing that makes him a Muslim as well.

There is no context needed, if God is never changing like it states in the bible, then you are basically worshiping a God who endorses slavery and rape.

"But, but, it was different times back then, God didn't know any better."

What made you think he was Gnostic? He simply pointed out he agrees with some of their teachings. Billy Carson uses alot Emerald Tablets which are almost 40,000 years old to prove his points, which are also highly regarded by Muslims. I'm guessing that makes him a Muslim as well.

There is no context needed, if God is never changing like it states in the bible, then you are basically worshiping a God who endorses slavery and rape.

"But, but, it was different times back then, God didn't know any better."

Well I’m sure you watched his video you posted. He openly stated he is gnostic.

Addressing those points really is no issue, but first, by what standard do you call anything absolutely wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer View Post
    Good call.
    Lol. Poor coach.