Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default I don’t see Lebron beating Jordan or Kobe one on one

I could see Lebron winning some matches if his jump shot is on. But here’s the thing. Lebron scores a lot of his points in the paint. Has a decent spin move. But against Jordan or Kobe, he’s not gonna be able to use that drive every play. Their footwork is too good. He would struggle and get frustrated. Might have to rely on flops.

Lebron would be forced into taking shots he’s not used to taking. Jordan and Kobe can score against Lebron and have a lot in their tool bag. Just watch some footage of Lebron guarding Kobe. Kobe ate him alive, one on one. Furthermore, Kobe was very confident he would beat him one on one, whereas Lebron got defensive and said that match is not gonna happen, so stop asking.

Jordan and Kobe would be able to guard Lebron better than he could guard them. See that’s another thing. Basketball happens on both ends of the floor. People want to talk about Lebron’s all around stats, but don’t acknowledge that he isn’t as accomplished on the defensive end. He has some incredible chase down blocks, but those are just highlights. It’s more about what he’s capable of doing, whereas other stars consistently played on both ends of the floor.

Default Re: I don’t see Lebron beating Jordan or Kobe one on one

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Walk on Water View Post
    I could see Lebron winning some matches if his jump shot is on. But here’s the thing. Lebron scores a lot of his points in the paint. Has a decent spin move. But against Jordan or Kobe, he’s not gonna be able to use that drive every play. Their footwork is too good. He would struggle and get frustrated. Might have to rely on flops.

Lebron would be forced into taking shots he’s not used to taking. Jordan and Kobe can score against Lebron and have a lot in their tool bag. Just watch some footage of Lebron guarding Kobe. Kobe ate him alive, one on one. Furthermore, Kobe was very confident he would beat him one on one, whereas Lebron got defensive and said that match is not gonna happen, so stop asking.

Jordan and Kobe would be able to guard Lebron better than he could guard them. See that’s another thing. Basketball happens on both ends of the floor. People want to talk about Lebron’s all around stats, but don’t acknowledge that he isn’t as accomplished on the defensive end. He has some incredible chase down blocks, but those are just highlights. It’s more about what he’s capable of doing, whereas other stars consistently played on both ends of the floor.
    Prime Jordan would get whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted against Lebron.

Of course, talking about what would happen in a one-on-one matchup is nothing but speculation, but in team ball, Jordan absolutely blows Lebron out of the water, although there's no shame in that, Jordan being the GOAT and all. But instead of comparing Lebron to Jordan, who's on a whole other level, it would make more sense to compare Lebron with someone more comparable to him ranking-wise - like Kobe.

7-time NBA All-Star

The question is whether he can bully them with his 2 inch height advantage

I don't think he can because 2 inches isn't enough to bully over and over and over - it's enough to bully a fair amount, but there will be possessions where pull-ups are required or soft turnarounds - that's where Lebron shows his brickcity stone hands and natural choking ability.. He's also Mr jittery and butterfingers in the clutch with a Westbrook turnover rate in the 4th quarter of Finals games (1.03 turnovers per 4th quarter for his Finals career... 0.35 for old MJ in 97' and 98'), while also turning into 7 turnover per game player in the 4th quarter of the 2007 Finals, or a 12 TO per 48 minutes of clutch time in the 2009 ECF, and many more - Lebron has more turnovers in the clutch than anyone in history - this matters because it's a guarantee that black cat will rip the shit out of Lebron when it matters - that will basically be the game because MJ closes like Terrence Crawford

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    The question is whether he can bully them with his 2 inch height advantage

I don't think he can because 2 inches isn't enough to bully over and over and over - it's enough to bully a fair amount, but there will be possessions where pull-ups are required or soft turnarounds - that's where Lebron shows his brickcity stone hands and natural choking ability.. He's also Mr jittery and butterfingers in the clutch with a Westbrook turnover rate in the 4th quarter of Finals games (1.03 turnovers per 4th quarter for his Finals career... 0.35 for old MJ in 97' and 98'), while also turning into 7 turnover per game player in the 4th quarter of the 2007 Finals, or a 12 TO per 48 minutes of clutch time in the 2009 ECF, and many more - Lebron has more turnovers in the clutch than anyone in history - this matters because it's a guarantee that black cat will rip the shit out of Lebron when it matters - that will basically be the game because MJ closes like Terrence Crawford

Yea I don’t think Lebron can bully them enough. They would not back down. They aren’t Lance Stevenson. Remember Lebron trying to get past Leonard. Not easy. Once Lebron has to score in other ways, his lack of skill is gonna show. In real games, he has help, he has people setting screens for him. If it’s going against MJ or Kobe one on one, he’s gonna get frustrated and resort to trying to get free throws. MJ or Kobe would have no problem making tough shots against him.

Sure, nobody tops mj if you're just talking about hogging the ball.

Banned

Idiot Bronie fluffers just HATE the fact that Jordan is still consensus GOAT even 20 years after retiring.

^^Homosexual bitch fit spotted.

Banned

Is LeBron a one legged fat diabetic like op in this fantasy land where he loses 1v1 to a 198 lb midget?

Banned

What's funny about this topic is lil Mikey already admitted he couldn't guard LeBron.

"I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

Good luck with that whole forcing him left to take jump shots strategy with no defense behind you, Miguel.

Banned

What's even more funny...after lil mikey's desperately insecure blueprint on how to guard LeBron came out....he beats Paul George left for the game winning layup in the playoffs. Word is the red eyed, puffy faced alcoholic cried himself to sleep that night.