Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: Why do MOST NBA greats say MJ and Kobe are 1a and 1b.......

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Wade brought those things too, though. Kobe had more in his bag compared to Wade( even compared to MJ to a lesser degree). I don't think Kobe's career is changed by a couple percentage points, but there is something to the application of how you apply your bag as much as the volume of what's in it. Like I said, Kobe did sometimes get too caught up in what he could do individually and shot the Lakers defiantly out of games. Obviously when he was on, that's a different conversation. In general MJ was a more consistent game to game scorer, a higher scoring floor due to smarter decisions ( this includes shots taken) and a slightly lower scoring ceiling than those moments Kobe went into on fire mode, and that was mainly due to the latter's ability to catch fire from 3.
    I acknowledge all of this. Phil even said that the biggest difference between MJ and Kobe, aside from the size of their hands, was that MJ let the game come to him more naturally whereas Kobe would tend to force things more.

Kobe took bad shots sometimes but I am willing to overlook that because he brought so much else to the table. It's why I have him behind Jordan but ahead of everyone else. The only other guy I will consider in the conversation is Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I acknowledge all of this. Phil even said that the biggest difference between MJ and Kobe, aside from the size of their hands, was that MJ let the game come to him more naturally whereas Kobe would tend to force things more.

Kobe took bad shots sometimes but I am willing to overlook that because he brought so much else to the table. It's why I have him behind Jordan but ahead of everyone else. The only other guy I will consider in the conversation is Bird.
    His confidence fueled both his greatness and the most glaring weakness in his game. Double edged sword, so to speak...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legend248 View Post
    While fans and some sports channels say otherwise? Why does the media always push a false narrative about lebron?
    Do they though?

Here is the most exhaustive round-up of opinions that I’ve seen:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFqzZ...ture=emb_title

Maybe a large subset of those picking Jordan would’ve had Kobe as “1B”…who knows…but one takeaway from this vid is that Jordan is the clear #1 in the eyes of players, while LeBron gets the nod over Kobe.

Assuming that they do: I think a lot of players are closer aesthetes. Much more so than they let on.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by PejaTheSerbSnip View Post
    Do they though?

Here is the most exhaustive round-up of opinions that I’ve seen:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFqzZ...ture=emb_title

Maybe a large subset of those picking Jordan would’ve had Kobe as “1B”…who knows…but one takeaway from this vid is that Jordan is the clear #1 in the eyes of players, while LeBron gets the nod over Kobe.

Assuming that they do: I think a lot of players are closer aesthetes. Much more so than they let on.

Closet*