Default Are you surprised to know these guys made more career threes than Dirk?

VC, Jason Terry, Korver, Crawford, Kidd and Lowry.

Vince and Kidd obviously were star players with long careers, so they put up a ton of shots. But so was Dirk. And he’s considered a much better shooter. Howd they end up with more than him??

Lowry, Korver, Terry, and Crawford were all some degree of role player. Very surprising theyd have more made threes than Dirk. A pure spot up shooter in today’s era, like Klay, Id expect. But those four guys? Most of their careers werent even in the three point chuckfest era. And excepting Korver and to a lesser extent JET they were never considered snipers.

Dirk is 16th all time which is still very high, but Id have never guessed the likes of Kyle Lowry, Vince Carter and Jason Kidd hit more total threes in their career than him. Guys like Lillard and Harden whove already passed him, I get it. But I wouldnt have guessed those guys from Dirk’s same era.

Default Re: Are you surprised to know these guys made more career threes than Dirk?

Even though Dirk created the stretch forward thing, it was just so much more rare still to put someone like him there..

he really didnt take many 3s.

Guards just took so much more of those shots

Default Re: Are you surprised to know these guys made more career threes than Dirk?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Even though Dirk created the stretch forward thing, it was just so much more rare still to put someone like him there..

True that. Obviously Dirk is remembered as a great three point shooter, I guess it just wasnt as big a part of his production as I thought. Would have never imagined Lowry had more makes all time.

Also…. Whoops, wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post

Yea, I remember him saying when he took his game to the next level he decided to operate more out of the high post and cut down on jacking threes. Seemed to work. Not like he wasn't wet tho.

-Smak

Not remotely surprised. Dirk was a great 3pt shooter, but he played his prime years in an era where the 3pt shot was not emphasized and he got the vast majority of his touches inside the 3pt line. The shot that made Dirk a superstar was his turnaround 1 leg jumper in the post.