Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: The 2023 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Niners rookie misses 41yd FG FTW with 8 seconds left.

Some shady calls went the Browns way down the stretch but they'll take it.
    Was a good game. Cleveland is better then their record and are still solid even with their injuries to Watson, Chubb, and the O line. There was some bad calls, that was a fumble not an incomplete pass or grounding. But regardless, Browns dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Niners got bullied by a very physical team. Purdy looked off all game as Cleveland did a great job to prevent him from getting into any type of rhythm.

Bills SQUEAKING by the Giants at home, pretty crazy day of football.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Bills SQUEAKING by the Giants at home, pretty crazy day of football.
    Looked like Niners, Eagles, Bills were all gonna take losses. Bills lucked out. Giants choked big time on that last play. I found it funny when they were replaying the last play talking about how there was a no call on the PI. No shit, there’s PI on every last play of the game, it’s like the NBA, on the last play the refs swallow the whistle and pretty much anything goes. Why not run it with barkley or if you are passing do a quick out route to waller instead, anything other then a 50/50 toss up lob where you know the defender is gonna be all over him.

The Bills had no business being in a game with the ****ing Giants without their QB.

What a disappointment from a team that should be the class of the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I always thought highly of him. He has pinpoint accuracy, decent size, and is great in the pocket so fewer chances of injuries. Those guys usually can last a long time.

I have a bad feeling about Richardson from Indy. He is perhaps the most athletic qb in the nfl, but his running style is a real killer. I hope he can transform into a pocket passer. Indy will need that or he is another RG3 in the making.
    It sucks that Anthony Richardson already looks injury-prone and he might miss the rest of this season. The talent is there but his style of play is going to be difficult to sustain

Default Re: NFL Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Seriously yo, wtf is wrong with the Bills They were shut out in the first half against the Giants, needed two instances of the Giants failing to score from the 1 yard line to win, and are now about to be held to 3 points at the half trailing the Pats by 10.

Aaaand they proceed to come back, only to give up a game losing TD to the immortal Mac Jones led offense. To give up 29 points to a team that hadn't scored this much over their last 3 games is humiliating.

Bills are a weird team. Some games they look like an unstoppable force. Today they were dogshit

Also anyone who has Bijan Robinson on their fantasy team got ****ed hard. Me included

National High School Star

Debate could be made Tyrod Taylor is the most blacklisted QB in the league

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

This Dolphins team reminds me alot of those early-mid 00's Chiefs/Colts teams. Explosive offenses, but just a shit defense.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 10-22-2023 at 11:26 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    This Dolphins team reminds me alot of those early-mid 00's Chiefs/Colts teams. Explosive offenses, but just a shit defense.

Yep. There is so much pressure on the offense knowing that if you don't score 30 against a good team you're probably going to lose.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    Debate could be made Tyrod Taylor is the most blacklisted QB in the league
    In what way?

Miami is continuing the trend of looking like a team that can roast low to mid level teams but can’t hang with the big dogs.

That was the only game I watched this sunday. I woke up and looked at the schedule and nothing else looked worth it.

Then for some low hanging fruit hot take stuff. Take away the sneak and switch tua and jalen hurts. I think tua gets better results in both scenarios.

I fade Jalen Hurts because I don’t like the eagles and his game doesn’t look good. He has a few nice throws but most of his big plays are lobs to Brown the athletic freak who comes down with everything or smith the smallest guy on the field who has a nose for the ball and somehow comes down with everything. Tua does have just as good as weapons with Hill and Waddle… Hill as of now is playing as good football as any positional player to do it. But still, Tua’s and Jalen’s offensive lines aren’t comparable and Tua hits more windows then Jalen. Tua hit some bombs off his back foot today that were pretty ridiculous. He is just a more talented thrower. Jalen does do a great job of bouncing out the pocket and extending plays though.

In summary Jalen’s game is ugly yet effective but I think tua is better in a vacuum