Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Why didn't Paul Pierce and Tim Duncan play for the redeeem team in 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’ve noticed the older I get the less I’m concerned about being right, but the more I’m concerned about people who think I’m wrong understanding why I think it. If someone understands how I got to the conclusion, I don’t care that much if they reach a different one. I’m less sure than I ever have been about almost all my basketball opinions. Everything seems to come down to “Well…maybe. I can’t say.” if I try to make a top 10 list right now both Dr. J and Steph might be in it but by Monday they will be 18 and 22. I’m becoming less and less confident in previous takes and just interested in understanding why people think the takes they have are correct.
    Yea man... I know I come off as a know it all (and im trying to change) but I read your posts and learn from them even when I'm being combative.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Why didn't Paul Pierce and Tim Duncan play for the redeeem team in 2008?

I never cared about combative. I have friends I’m having arguments with about shit that happened in 1996. It’s not that serious but if it comes up even now, neither of us is going to bend the knee. Doesn’t mean if he calls and says three people about to jump him. I’m not on the way. I like to argue with people I can be my natural asshole self to without them taking me seriously enough to think I don’t like them as human beings. I don’t even respond to the people on here I don’t **** with.

It’s almost like a built-in filter. Once I determine someone is more troll than human and I can’t extract anything useful from them. It’s like they don’t exist to me so I’m on here with hundreds(probably dozens) of people but I only really talk to like 10. And all 10 probably think I have a vendetta when all it is is me having decided they are real enough that I might care what they have to say in response to whatever I might say.

It’s one reason trolls last so long without getting banned. I go right by without even reading whatever it is they say once ive decided I don’t need that perspective.

I have absolutely nothing to do with my days, but watch TV, work out, vacation, and have nice meals. I’m beginning to see why people retire and go back to work. I’m ****ing bored and I’m not even retirement age just far enough ahead I’ve taken like 2 years off at this point.

my girlfriend actually got a job after taking off two years with me, so I’m not moving around as much. Just staring at the walls of the house waiting for people to get off work. I joked about trying to intern for some NBA team, but I might actually go join the staff at Wofford up the road. My girlfriends grandfather has connections there and I’ve sat in on some things. Met coaches.

They probably have something I can do for free with one of the teams. I just need something to do other than watch games from 2002 and come ask what you all think of Jerry Stackhouse.

Long story short…I **** with people out of boredom to see if they might have something to say worth considering. It’s probably not personal. It’s just me being annoyed my favorite Korean wing place is in Dallas and I don’t feel like a 13 hour drive or flying so I’m just gonna be annoyed for a while.

And to make it worse I have arthritis in my wrist which ****s with my weight training so I’m stuck on the gotdamn treadmill.

I need to get a job. This post alone probably settled it. If I vanish just assume I’m a curiously old water boy and unpaid video scout for a college team you never heard of who is working me to death.

NBA lottery pick

Why did Lebron win bronze medal with peak Duncan and Iverson and then with peak Wade, Dwight, Melo in FIBA?

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    Why did Lebron win bronze medal with peak Duncan and Iverson and then with peak Wade, Dwight, Melo in FIBA?
    That wasn’t peak LeBron, to be fair. Tim Duncan under performed in 2004, and they had bad coaching LeBron, still wasn’t peak version of himself in 2006, 2007, and 2008. They lost in 2006 because of pick and roll defense and a big fat tub of lard who took advantage of soft interior defense and they didn’t have a great perimeter defense yet it wasn’t until adding Kobe in 2007 that they became super dominant for the first time since 2003.