Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Rockets Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for felony assault and strangulation

Cavs dodged a bullet and did the right thing by trading him. Too many off court incidents surrounding him since college and now this?

Default Re: Rockets Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for felony assault and strangulation

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Not just cut but we are looking at a hefty suspension if not outright ban from the league. She had a broken bone and multiple bruises according to reports.
    Wow.

Wish the rockets just cut him

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post
    Domestic abusers should never get a second chance.

NBA is a privilege.

I'm still pissed about Miles Bridges. He beat up his baby momma in front of their damn kid and he gets allowed back in the NBA?
    Each circumstances are different. Not making excuses, but Bridges that was his first real incident, and there was clearly domestic issues on both sides. This is that same baby momma trying to break into his house a couple months later in front of the same child:
    https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/15...402467840?s=20

With Porter he's had multiple run ins with police and off court issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    hes trying to beat the homo accusations
    You're confusing KPJ with Jalen Green

Dudes like i prol said before, there needs to be a stiff penalty for strangling people. I can understand hitting or whatever, i can understand putting your bud or someone you are trying to calm down in the head lock, but actual face on hands around the neck sort of strangulation is very aggressive behavior. Its like serial killer level stuff, even if you let go. Ppl prol wont see what i mean but thats a whole nother level of violence esp to a woman (assuming was?)

People who do shit like that need jail time and a reality check. I for one have never strangled or been strangled. Dono if ive even seen it. Many head locks, lite sleepers etc when we were young but strangling someone is basically telling them i hold ur life in my hands and maybe ill let go and maybe i wont.

I take this back if he like grabbed by neck and choke slammed haha thats vile but not nearly as heinous.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    You're confusing KPJ with Jalen Green
    i thought it was both of them in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    i thought it was both of them in the video?
    Nah it was Jalen and Josh Christopher

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    Dudes like i prol said before, there needs to be a stiff penalty for strangling people. I can understand hitting or whatever, i can understand putting your bud or someone you are trying to calm down in the head lock, but actual face on hands around the neck sort of strangulation is very aggressive behavior. Its like serial killer level stuff, even if you let go. Ppl prol wont see what i mean but thats a whole nother level of violence esp to a woman (assuming was?)

People who do shit like that need jail time and a reality check. I for one have never strangled or been strangled. Dono if ive even seen it. Many head locks, lite sleepers etc when we were young but strangling someone is basically telling them i hold ur life in my hands and maybe ill let go and maybe i wont.

I take this back if he like grabbed by neck and choke slammed haha thats vile but not nearly as heinous.

-Smak
    punching her several times with a closed fist isn't understandable

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Kidd would be just a footnote
    I vaguely remember as a kid Iverson in the news for beating up his wife and tossing her out on the front lawn of his mansion.

It seems it was much easier to get away with stuff in the past than nowadays.

If we go back to Babe Ruth days every star would be cancelled.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post

-Smak
    Agree man. It's crazy how I used to watch the Simpsons and a staple of the show was Homer strangling Bart whenever he messed up. Crazy how mainstream media normalized it although I assume the reason they did so was because it was way more normal back in the day when things were less PC.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I vaguely remember as a kid Iverson in the news for beating up his wife and tossing her out on the front lawn of his mansion.

It seems it was much easier to get away with stuff in the past than nowadays.

If we go back to Babe Ruth days every star would be cancelled.
    Ty Cobb was a prince amongst men

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Agree man. It's crazy how I used to watch the Simpsons and a staple of the show was Homer strangling Bart whenever he messed up. Crazy how mainstream media normalized it although I assume the reason they did so was because it was way more normal back in the day when things were less PC.
    Cartoons used to kill each other. I mean, how many times had Yo Semite Sam would regularly kill folks. Wile E Coyote always gets blown up or falls off a clip.
    As a child, I thought is was funny but never thought anything of it.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

She's fine as hell

In a Tuesday television appearance, ESPN insider Adrian Wojnarowski shared his insight. Among his comments: The league has launched an investigation, and they will handle it in the near-term. The Houston Rockets, by the by-laws, they can’t suspend or waive him while this investigation is going on. But Adam Silver could put Porter on administrative leave. There’s no question that Kevin Porter Jr.’s future, not just with the Rockets but in the NBA, is very much in peril. These are extremely serious allegations.
    – via Ben DuBose @ Rockets Wire