I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Default Re: 100 Greatest Point Guards of All-Time - SLAM Magazine

Jason Kidd too high
    Gary Payton too low
    If you switched their places it would be more accurate

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Kerr, Alston, Fisher, Haper, Rubio, K. Smith, D'Angelo, J. Williams...

No Deron Williams or Rickey Green

As a fellow defense lover I know is old enough to remember him I’m surprised you laugh at Derek Harper.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    As a fellow defense lover I know is old enough to remember him I’m surprised you laugh at Derek Harper.
    Ron Harper. Wasn't a fan of Derek though

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

61 61 61

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    That's how I felt looking at Price & Jrue, I find it hard to believe they aren't at minimum top 50 point guards ever, though it's admittedly impossible to tell what criteria they're using here.
    jrue is top 25 ... maybe based on stats/ but i will tak his stats an day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    duhhhhhhhhhhh

Ron Harper. Wasn't a fan of Derek though
    at least he's not a bum tho haha.

Yeah, these lists are really weird. It's like they start naming names after awhile. Some of the ones that I thought were weird that weren't mentioned are...

Fkning Van Exel. That dude was hot trash and cost the Lakers every ****ING YEAR. He'd always get sonned by Stockton. He played PG and he could do some things, but he lacked what is necessary to be a PG. He's def not top 50. And that's top 50 with including people who aren't even PGs haha. w t actual.

Isiah Thomas like the little one, wat. Guys like Mookie and Muggsy and Damon Stoudy should be higher. Terrell Brandon. It's like they made their list then remembered all those guys existed and decided to add them in a block. Steve Kerr and D fish are def sus. There are 100, sure, but I'm sure if you gave me some time I could come up with 100 guys. There are some back ups that prol could be on there. Like I was talking about Tyus Jones in another thread. Who doesn't take him over Steve Kerr and D Fish? I know I would. Fish does have some moments, though, but he was like Kerr, a great performer in his position. It's not like if you are taking guys in an all time draft you want to pick them up to push PG for your team.

But yeah the real tragedy is the past 50 point when you see how many classic dudes are there like Kenny Anderson and the aforementioned ones. Abdul-Rauf. Even Doc and Avery, at least those guys were 'legit PGs.' They def seemed to run out of names and just start naming stuff. lol Coming in at 100... Rafer... and let's all be real, there's no way there are 99 PGs in NBA history better than him.

If you're gonna do a list, you should really do it well, and I'd love to see the write ups for these guys. Esp the Rafer one. Haha. I wonder how it feels to be 100. I bet dudes are calling him up. OH SHIT WE FORGOT RAFER.

There is def no consistent criteria. I can tell you that just by looking, and that's w/o knowing who all of those people are. There are like 3-4 dudes I dono who they are.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    jrue is top 25 ...
    I dono bud haha.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    at least he's not a bum tho haha.

Yeah, these lists are really weird. It's like they start naming names after awhile. Some of the ones that I thought were weird that weren't mentioned are...

Fkning Van Exel. That dude was hot trash and cost the Lakers every ****ING YEAR. He'd always get sonned by Stockton. He played PG and he could do some things, but he lacked what is necessary to be a PG. He's def not top 50. And that's top 50 with including people who aren't even PGs haha. w t actual.

Isiah Thomas like the little one, wat. Guys like Mookie and Muggsy and Damon Stoudy should be higher. Terrell Brandon. It's like they made their list then remembered all those guys existed and decided to add them in a block. Steve Kerr and D fish are def sus. There are 100, sure, but I'm sure if you gave me some time I could come up with 100 guys. There are some back ups that prol could be on there. Like I was talking about Tyus Jones in another thread. Who doesn't take him over Steve Kerr and D Fish? I know I would. Fish does have some moments, though, but he was like Kerr, a great performer in his position. It's not like if you are taking guys in an all time draft you want to pick them up to push PG for your team.

But yeah the real tragedy is the past 50 point when you see how many classic dudes are there like Kenny Anderson and the aforementioned ones. Abdul-Rauf. Even Doc and Avery, at least those guys were 'legit PGs.' They def seemed to run out of names and just start naming stuff. lol Coming in at 100... Rafer... and let's all be real, there's no way there are 99 PGs in NBA history better than him.

If you're gonna do a list, you should really do it well, and I'd love to see the write ups for these guys. Esp the Rafer one. Haha. I wonder how it feels to be 100. I bet dudes are calling him up. OH SHIT WE FORGOT RAFER.

There is def no consistent criteria. I can tell you that just by looking, and that's w/o knowing who all of those people are. There are like 3-4 dudes I dono who they are.

Edit:

I dono bud haha.

-Smak
    actually looking at Derek Harper's stats and on paper I like what I see. Defeinitely not a Bum. Efficient, good 3 pt shooter for his day and was known for D. Didn't like him at the time for sure though even before he refused to come to Utah and said "You go live in Utah".

Ja morant at 30. Ridiculous.

And it's interesting to see they got mike conley there as well.

actually looking at Derek Harper's stats and on paper I like what I see. Defeinitely not a Bum. Efficient, good 3 pt shooter for his day and was known for D. Didn't like him at the time for sure though even before he refused to come to Utah and said "You go live in Utah".
    I liked him, but I'm an ILL guy.

I got some!! I needed some time. Goran Dragic BOOM. Ez. Marcus Smart DPOY, how can you leave him off, after leading Boston to such good seasons, too? If you're gonna do Bron and Harden, why not Pippen? I also like Bobby Jackson even tho he was a career bench guy, I get the feeling he could have pushed a team as a starter in a different circumstance. He did some things on those good SAC teams off the bench.

AND if we're throwing up Kerr and Fish, where's MARIO CHAMLERS THO?

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Ja morant at 30. Ridiculous.

And it's interesting to see they got mike conley there as well.
    Conley shouldn't be there? He's better than a lot of the guys on there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    I liked him, but I'm an ILL guy.

I got some!! I needed some time. Goran Dragic BOOM. Ez. Marcus Smart DPOY, how can you leave him off, after leading Boston to such good seasons, too? If you're gonna do Bron and Harden, why not Pippen? I also like Bobby Jackson even tho he was a career bench guy, I get the feeling he could have pushed a team as a starter in a different circumstance. He did some things on those good SAC teams off the bench.

AND if we're throwing up Kerr and Fish, where's MARIO CHAMLERS THO?

-Smak
    Jackson better than a lot of those guys but a 6th man more than a top 100 pg

Paxon was better than Kerr or Chalmers. Probably a better all around player than Fisher as well. None of them belong

National High School Star

3 Isiah Thomas
    12 Walt Frazier
    14 Nate Tiny Archibald
    18 Gary Payton
    31 Dennis Johnson
    35 Dave Bing
    36 Hal Greer
    45 Rajon Rondo
    46 Maurice Cheeks
    56 Slater Martin
    86 KC Jones
    87 Derek Fisher
    89 Ron Harper

Horrible takes 23 rings and you can't find room in the top fifty for Martin, Jones, Fisher, and Harper.

Just throwing Greer and Bing in the mid thirties smh

taking the two best PG's of the 70's and not puting them in the top ten

Overrating Isiah Thomas over guys that were productive for literally twice as long and putting him over Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    3 Isiah Thomas
    12 Walt Frazier
    14 Nate Tiny Archibald
    18 Gary Payton
    31 Dennis Johnson
    35 Dave Bing
    36 Hal Greer
    45 Rajon Rondo
    46 Maurice Cheeks
    56 Slater Martin
    86 KC Jones
    87 Derek Fisher
    89 Ron Harper

Horrible takes 23 rings and you can't find room in the top fifty for Martin, Jones, Fisher, and Harper.

Just throwing Greer and Bing in the mid thirties smh

taking the two best PG's of the 70's and not puting them in the top ten

Overrating Isiah Thomas over guys that were productive for literally twice as long and putting him over Oscar
    Fisher and Harper aren't great pg's no matter how many rings they have. The pg in those systems sometimes brought the ball up the court, sometimes defended the other pg and spotted up