Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default How many should get it? How many will?

I’m gonna say 2 should…and 4 will. Jamal I can’t decide on. If he won’t take any less, do you break up a Young team that can win another title? Over an extra 5-10 a year? I don’t think you do.

Default Re: How many should get it? How many will?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

I’m gonna say 2 should…and 4 will. Jamal I can’t decide on. If he won’t take any less, do you break up a Young team that can win another title? Over an extra 5-10 a year? I don’t think you do.
    nuggets earned a lot of goodwill with Jamal by being patient with his injuries...i think he'll cooperate and take less based on that. and they just won a title so...

Stupid how much money they are making.

Shit needs to change as it negatively impacts the game as well. No hunger from these guys anymore.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Doncic and SGA have no reason to accept anything less. Siakam isn't worth it in myopinion but if I was him that's what the Raptors would have to pay. Bam may also have a strong enough hand to demand it. The rest I don't think are worth it as a matter of feeling but it wouldn't shock me to see them get it because that just may be what you get paid for being a good player these days.

Doncic and SGA have no reason to accept anything less.
    Luka is gonna be the first 80 million dollar player. He’s gonna make about 82 million finals season of his next deal. But by then several others will have signed deals that will eventually get them there. I’m thinking someone might scratch 90 before society rises up as one to put a stop to it.

Luka is gonna be the first 80 million dollar player. He’s gonna make about 82 million finals season of his next deal. But by then several others will have signed deals that will eventually get them there. I’m thinking someone might scratch 90 before society rises up as one to put a stop to it.
    Pay will stabilize, people are already pushing back and the cable industry is in chaos: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...ycsrp_catchall

The entire model is shifting to streaming, which is why it’s going to continue to rise for a while. Companies like YouTube(Google), Apple, and Amazon who weren’t in the game, paying for live sports content to justify new subscriptions are easily going to keep up the momentum for at least the next rights deal. By the end of the next one 90 million a year for someone is virtually guaranteed it’s just a matter of how far beyond that it goes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

The entire model is shifting to streaming, which is why it’s going to continue to rise for a while. Companies like YouTube(Google), Apple, and Amazon who weren’t in the game, paying for live sports content to justify new subscriptions are easily going to keep up the momentum for at least the next rights deal. By the end of the next one 90 million a year for someone is virtually guaranteed it’s just a matter of how far beyond that it goes.
    10 4

out of hand , true , Liked I stated before we are all professionals in some way in our careers. But can you say your great great grandchildren will never work in their lives ??

I can’t but they wouldn’t if I could make it happen. My girlfriend now lives off of trust fund from her grandfather. Doesn’t have to work but chooses to. It’s a great option to have. Give me a $400 million contract I’d set up a trust so as many generations as I could manage would never have to do anything they weren’t passionate about.