Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: You ain’t a leader. Nobody followed you. You was never shit your mother should ha

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Blaze does my banning include obvious alts? For instance if I said ban full court would you ban Jimmy rustler too since you know damn well that’s him and he posts the exact same stuff?

Naturally. I’ve noticed him using that alt as ban insurance but I assume whoever it is that usually bans him noticed as well, so I just ignore it. In this special situation I would not.

Default Re: You ain’t a leader. Nobody followed you. You was never shit your mother should ha

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Naturally. I’ve noticed him using that alt as ban insurance but I assume whoever it is that usually bans him noticed as well, so I just ignore it. In this special situation I would not.
    Okay then I want full court and his alt Jimmy rustler banned. I’m sick of the spam

Thanks

I’ll look into that in a bit.

I’ll look into that in a bit.
    ban jstern and walkonwater

Why does Big L get more love then say, Grandmaster Caz?

Being good at rap and not just among the first to do it.

Being good at rap and not just among the first to do it.
    You don't think Caz was good at rap? I mean, he's not Bg Bank Hank and actually has a place in Hip-Hop history. Big L, not so much.

Caz is like Elgin Baylor and Big L is like Reggie Lewis.

NBA Superstar

Nah. Caz is like Otto Graham and Big L is like Mike Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Nah. Caz is like Otto Graham and Big L is like Mike Vick.
    Big L never reached Vick like status. L was an underground star with NYC rap was at its peak. Caz was an underground star when Hip-Hop was no where close to peaking.

Otto Graham won 7-8 titles and four or five MVPs. He’s George Mikan of football. Grandmaster Caz greatest contribution was ghost writing rappers delight. I’m not saying he didn’t play a big role. He just wasn’t a big enough star to compare to Otto Graham or Elgin Baylor.

Otto Graham won 7-8 titles and four or five MVPs. He’s George Mikan of football. Grandmaster Caz greatest contribution was ghost writing rappers delight. I’m not saying he didn’t play a big role. He just wasn’t a big enough star to compare to Otto Graham or Elgin Baylor.
    From what the OGs say, he's was that dude and Cold Crush Bros would kill anyone, including the Furious Five. Sugar Hill Gang don't even count. None of the original rappers even respect them.

There’s no doubt he was among the first people who rapped a way we would recognize as rap. And he could actually write and wasn’t just performing other peoples things. The way early rappers were comfortable doing like singers always did. I’m not saying he’s a Nobody. I’m saying it’s hard to compare him to a guy who was damn near the Babe Ruth of the NFL accomplishment wise.

He was a great pioneer. Big L was a great rapper. There’s a considerable difference.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Big L never reached Vick like status. L was an underground star with NYC rap was at its peak. Caz was an underground star when Hip-Hop was no where close to peaking.
    I was going to actually say Cunningham. Maybe I’ll backtrack into that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I was going to actually say Cunningham. Maybe I’ll backtrack into that.
    Cunningham was better than Vick. Maybe Dante Culpepper.

There’s no doubt he was among the first people who rapped a way we would recognize as rap. And he could actually write and wasn’t just performing other peoples things. The way early rappers were comfortable doing like singers always did. I’m not saying he’s a Nobody. I’m saying it’s hard to compare him to a guy who was damn near the Babe Ruth of the NFL accomplishment wise.

He was a great pioneer. Big L was a great rapper. There’s a considerable difference.
    Caz is more than a pioneer. Joe Fulks was a pioneer, Elgin. Baylor was one of the best. Maybe Maurice Stokes would be a better comparison. Stokes player against Baylor, Russell, Pettit, Cousy. Just missed Wilt, West and Oscar.

Big L was underground nice. A lot of Big L's in the rap community if you go by region. Soulja Slim, Mac Dre, etc.