Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Unless Artificial Intelligence becomes like Cortana, then A.I. may just fade out...

...and become boring. If the end goal of Artificial Intelligence isn't to have a personalized holographic assistant that you can ultimately have a conversation with that you can imprint on, then what is the real purpose of A.I. to begin with? To be lazy and have machines and robots do all the work? I don't see how that's sustainable long term. Humanity gets bored easily and is always trying to innovate and come up with something new. A lot of this is driven by financial gain as well. Where is the financial gain in A.I.? I think I have only used ChatGPT once and I found it boring and have never used it again. The A.I. picture generator thingy?? Boooooring.

But an A.I. that is imprinted from your DNA for personalization and for familiarity who goes with you wherever you go and can be a physical presence as a holographic image for example....yeah, sign me up for that. Imagine the productivity. Imagine the immediate cure to loneliness for those that are socially awkward.

Default Re: Unless Artificial Intelligence becomes like Cortana, then A.I. may just fade out.

You're gonna have dudes trying to get off to their AI assistant and eventually form an emotional connection with them like Joaquin Phoenix did in the movie 'Her'

But for now you better get on the AI train bud. AI is the future and the future is now

Default Re: Unless Artificial Intelligence becomes like Cortana, then A.I. may just fade out.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post
    You're gonna have dudes trying to get off to their AI assistant and eventually form an emotional connection with them like Joaquin Phoenix did in the movie 'Her'

But for now you better get on the AI train bud. AI is the future and the future is now
    And that's what I'm saying, that the only way I think A.I. remains interesting to people is if they can make it personal. People have been falling in love with weird things or inanimate objects for years, so this would be no different or concerning. Mental illness will always remain a constant in society.

I think A.I. as we currently know it will eventually fade out and become boring unless we do something with it like the characters in the movie A.I.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMeatballs View Post

"gonna have"? This is already happening.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Patsy - wants to stay in the stone age.

AI doesn't have to be interesting , it is a machine that can work for all of us, space, oceans , caves , the robots that go in homes where danger exists.

Patsy - you are boring with these stupid threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Patsy - wants to stay in the stone age.

AI doesn't have to be interesting , it is a machine that can work for all of us, space, oceans , caves , the robots that go in homes where danger exists.

Patsy - you are boring with these stupid threads.
    You didn't even know how to embed a video until this year. So you have no room to talk about the stone age. You are the stone age old man. Now please go away. The grave is calling. And I'll put you there if you want me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    You didn't even know how to embed a video until this year. So you have no room to talk about the stone age. You are the stone age old man. Now please go away. The grave is calling. And I'll put you there if you want me to.
    I have friends in NY ... I am very temped to have them ring you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I have friends in NY ... I am very temped to have them ring you up.
    Tell me where they live. I'll go meet them first. Which nursing home are they in??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Tell me where they live. I'll go meet them first. Which nursing home are they in??
    same home as your mommy ...

Wait shit that is your house .. living in the basement.
    Get out of there clown.