Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default The Celtics front office brought Jae Crowder, Kelly Olynyk, and Tom Brady to meet KD.

When he was having his Hamptons meet up with all the teams trying to recruit him that’s who the Celtics sent. Putting aside that less than stellar star power….

He went on a walk with Tom Brady and came back and told his people that Brady told him to find the best chance to win with the best organization. Just join the best team possible no matter what. He felt like Brady told him to join the Warriors.

Ainge should have maybe got a feel for what Tom was gonna say out there…

https://twitter.com/clutchpoints/sta...vrTUpW4eOxrXKA

Guy telling the story is KDs agent/manager/partner and founded his media company with KD. So it isn’t like…some guy. He was in the room.

Bringing a legend who tells the target to go to the Warriors….

Goat recruit **** up?

Gotta be up there with Doc Rivers telling Tim Duncan’s wife she can’t ride on the plane like the Spurs let her after he had already pretty much decided to come to Orlando and they had been house shopping. Another contender would be George Mikan(commish of the ABA) going to meet with Kareem to talk him into joining the ABA not the NBA and having a $1 million check in his pocket to get it done on behalf of the entire league that chipped in to get that money together and then deciding the meeting was going well enough he didn’t need to take it out of his pocket so he never told Kareem about the money upfront. Kareem later pointed out the money would have decided it because they were gonna let him play at home in New York.

Those are probably the three biggest fumbles I can think of. I you can’t bring some role players and Tom Brady when you don’t even know what Tom Brady is going to recommend. I guess they just assumed he would try to sell them on Boston but….nope.

Default Re: The Celtics front office brought Jae Crowder, Kelly Olynyk, and Tom Brady to meet

The idea of bringing in guys to sell someone on signing is weird to me.

If youre changing teams it’s usually either for money or winning. I dont see how meeting a local celebrity impacts the decision in either regard.

And clicking on a personal level with Crowder and Olynyk seems kind of meaningless when the fact is youll be having management trade them as soon as better options are available.

The idea that these guys set up pitch meetings mainly to feel wanted by other teams is… honestly pretty lame IMO.

Default Re: The Celtics front office brought Jae Crowder, Kelly Olynyk, and Tom Brady to meet

Jae Crowder and Kelly Olynyk, damn, and KD didnt sign immediatelly?!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If I remember correctly, when McGrady was being courted by the heat they sent Alonzo mourning to get him in a private plane and have him brought to Zos house, where a speedboat arrived at the dock, and carried them over to Pat Rileys house where he was standing by the water with a max contract in his hands. They at least had style.

He signed in Orlando but it’s a nicer story.

Banned

Oh man. Tom Brady was involved with KD going to Golden State? Wait till 1987_Lakers hears about this.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Tom Brady is from the Bay. He could definitely be a Warriors fan. Ainge got Trojan Horsed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Tom Brady is from the Bay. He could definitely be a Warriors fan. Ainge got Trojan Horsed there.
    He was already getting Trojan Magnum’d by Lebron for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    If I remember correctly, when McGrady was being courted by the heat they sent Alonzo mourning to get him in a private plane and have him brought to Zos house, where a speedboat arrived at the dock, and carried them over to Pat Rileys house where he was standing by the water with a max contract in his hands. They at least had style.

He signed in Orlando but it’s a nicer story.
    That's some Vice City shit lol