Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Pre=season

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2023 Pre=season

wonder if Hauser got a deal to play overseas and wanted out or the Jazz thought other exhibit 10 guys looked better?

Shams Charania: The Utah Jazz are planning to sign former Rockets first-round pick Josh Christopher to a two-way NBA deal, sources tell me and @Tjonesonthenba. The guard averaged 7 points and 15.4 minutes across two seasons in Houston. His brother, Patrick, played 4 games for Jazz in 2014-15.

– via Twitter ShamsCharania

nice that's someone that could actually help the Jazz at some point

won't be 22 until December. Would be a senior in college. Looks like a decent playmaker. Can't shoot

Stars roster coming into view

Christopher/Langford/Devoe/Kinsey
    Sensabaugh/Juzang/Justice
    Hendricks/Hauser(not sure if he can still play with the Stars or nor?)
    Potter/Ongenda

need a couple pg's it would appear

https://kslsports.com/505970/jazz-re...reseason-trip/

Finding full rotation minutes for even one rookie on this Jazz roster might be difficult this season, much less three.
    probably all be playing after the deadline

https://thejnotes.com/2023/10/13/the...the-utah-jazz/

There’s a small contingent of Utah Jazz fans right now that seem to think pushing Keyonte George and Taylor Hendricks into rotational spots with high minutes is the way to go. And among them, there are even some who think the two rookies should be shoehorned into the starting lineups. Both ideas are bad form for the Jazz and should be avoided at all costs.
    high minutes with the Stars until they are ready is the way to go. Dominate the Gleague and force the Jazz's hand

Stars should try to get him. I believe he still lives here.

How long do you want to continue playing professionally? Derrick Favors: I’m 32. I want to keep paying until my body tells me I can’t play anymore. I’m playing until the wheels fall off. I still feel like I’ve got a lot more years left in me, and I still feel like I can compete at a high level. I still feel like I can help a team. I think I’ve shown in the past that I can adjust to any role that I’m in. I can come into the game on the offensive and defensive end. I can still do a lot of things out there on the court with the right team and the right situation to help a team either win a championship or be a mentor to a younger team.

– via Michael Scotto @ *********

The Utah Jazz recently traded away Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert. During their era, why could those talented teams not take the next step? Derrick Favors: I think we just got hurt at the wrong time. That last year, when we went to the playoffs, and we lost to the Clippers, they were a good team, but I think we could’ve beat them, but Mike Conley ended up getting hurt. Donovan Mitchell also got hurt. We were down our two leading guys. You’ve also got to remember that we were going up against Houston and Golden State when they had the best record in the league and the best team. Houston had James Harden at the time, winning 65 games. I think some of it was matchups, going against two historically great offensive teams. We couldn’t match up with them, but who could in the league? If it wasn’t for Golden State, Houston probably would’ve won championships. If it wasn’t for those two teams, we could’ve won a championship.

How did you find out about the Deron Williams trade, and what was your reaction? Derrick Favors: I was 19 at the time. The funny thing about that is as soon as I got drafted around training camp and preseason time, that was the Carmelo Anthony trade talks where New Jersey wanted Carmelo. I had to deal with those trade rumors up to February. Once Melo got traded to the Knicks, I relaxed because I thought maybe my name wouldn’t be in more trade rumors. Then the Deron Williams trade happens with Utah the next day or two. I found out when I think I was told to go home by the assistant GM right after the All-Star break. I didn’t know what was going on, and I don’t think anybody knew. Then, it just happened right there on ESPN.

What are your plans down the line after you retire from basketball? Derrick Favors: I’m pretty sure I’d spend the majority of that time raising my kids and being present. Anything else I’d figure out, but I think once I’m done, I’d spend the majority of that time giving my kids the attention and love they deserve.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/10/16/2...llins-and-more

Lately I’ve been wondering if it might be a better idea to put Dunn next to rookie Keyonte George and bring them off the bench, in order to bolster the second unit, but also to bring George along at a bit of a slower pace, rather than throwing him to the wolves at a time when you don’t need to speed up the timeline.
    George is looking like gleaguer

On the other side of things we have Ömer Yurtseven, who unfortunately is farther down on the depth chart. The reason he hasn’t been a huge topic of conversation is because he’s at best the Jazz’s third option at center. I don’t know how much we’re actually going to be seeing him play in order to have some fully formed opinions of him as it relates to the Jazz.
    He'll get some time when they need some more beef in the middle which isn't needed as much these days

Plus, why play without Collins and Lauri Markkanen when you can play with them instead?
    because the rest of the league is playing small

https://kslsports.com/501403/top-50-...6-rudy-gobert/

not sure the criteria but this thing just went from laughable to pathetic. He's #3 and it's not close

By the end of his second season in Utah, Gobert had earned a spot in the team’s starting lineup while restoring legitimacy to the franchise after the disastrous Tyrone Corbin era.
    1 playoff berth and 1 near playoff berth with a team built around a black hole and 1 year of tanking is disastrous?

https://thejnotes.com/2023/10/16/the...rt-the-season/

Dunn and Agbaji should start. Sexton and Talen off the bench ideally but The Bum will have to play for a couple months unfortunately until he's dealt. George with the Stars

https://thejnotes.com/2023/10/16/the...egular-season/

why not? They should be prepared for anything. GS is playing Klay at the 4. They need to look to play smaller not bigger if anything

https://thejnotes.com/2023/10/15/kri...rves-to-start/

he's been the best player on the team. Probably their best defender. Can finish, run the offense, hit open shots

he was playing some 1 last game. Might be the Stars one if George isn't?

they need to move at least 1 guy until The Bum can be dumped in a couple months