Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: I’m not exaggerating. The whole league hated the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Yea the problem was there were so many brawls happening as the years went on, that the NBA decided to suspend anyone who came off the bench. The Knicks being the Knicks, several guys left their bench and unfortunately got suspended. I really think we would have won game 7 had that not happened.

they created that rule because of the Knicks in fact. The Knicks and suns brawl posted up there somewhere had Greg Anthony running into the fight in street clothes getting tackled and stomped out I believe by Kevin Johnson and some role player. Naturally, the rule later came back to bite them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Charlie Ward was a pretty tough defensive specimen. Couldn't score for his life but as decent as he seemed, he was a tough cookie. Probably not as hood as Chris Childs was though, lol.

Side note, Ward was a really talented football player and even won the Heisman trophy. It's surprising he went undrafted.

Makes it all make sense even more. Charlie was used to diving on people. And PJ had enough of it. Like I said he should have retaliated waaay worse.

Charlie was one of the most loved college quarterbacks in the 90s. These days he would make so much NIL money he would’ve had savings enough to try his luck in the NFL. Hiesman winning qb has to go play point guard…

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Charlie was one of the most loved college quarterbacks in the 90s. These days he would make so much NIL money he would’ve had savings enough to try his luck in the NFL. Hiesman winning qb has to go play point guard…
    he'd be a better NFL prospect today and a worse NBA one. Both games have changed greatly

College star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Makes it all make sense even more. Charlie was used to diving on people. And PJ had enough of it. Like I said he should have retaliated waaay worse.
    I think he was a QB tbh lol

Think Kyler Murray. They thought he was too small for those days. He and even a guy like Allen Iverson might have stuck with football these days. They will let the little qb squirrel around and make something happen now. And they’re so protected they can survive.

I think he was a QB tbh lol
    Footballs football. There's no way he didn't do tackling drills coming up like everybody to ever play football.

Think Kyler Murray. They thought he was too small for those days. He and even a guy like Allen Iverson might have stuck with football these days. They will let the little qb squirrel around and make something happen now. And they’re so protected they can survive.
    and a pass first pg. NFL would be more likely for him today

Ward was 6'2. Kyler is like... 5'9 on a good day.

Footballs football. There's no way he didn't do tackling drills coming up like everybody to ever play football.
    might have played both ways in high school like many top players

Ward was 6'2. Kyler is like... 5'9 on a good day.
    that’s how much the standards have changed. He came up when NFL teams wanted 6’5” 220. They pretty much wanted Troy Aikman. They were offended by the sight of guys like Doug Flutie. Ward would be middle of the pack these days. Need to add some muscle but they took Bryce Young first overall. Ward would have been drafted first round which is what he wanted back then. He was projected like 5th round but went first round for the nba so he followed the money.

Ewing totally flopped after Barkley pushed him

that’s how much the standards have changed. He came up when NFL teams wanted 6’5” 220. They pretty much wanted Troy Aikman. They were offended by the sight of guys like Doug Flutie. Ward would be middle of the pack these days. Need to add some muscle but they took Bryce Young first overall. Ward would have been drafted first round which is what he wanted back then. He was projected like 5th round but went first round for the nba so he followed the money.
    I get that he was an elite athlete.... why did he lean into PJ Brown like that though? Dive at his knees? PJ seemed to be a mild tempered fellow. Would probably take a lot to piss him off.

Banned

I grew up hating the Knicks from the time I was a little kid. Not for any reason other than I didn't like their name.