Page 3 of 163 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hamas bombed Israel, another war has erupted

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised either. When it comes to war, anything is possible. False flags and other tactics are always a possibility.

But what is your evidence? Especially since you admit that Hamas is capable of this kind of attack.
    I don't have evidence of that, it's just a suspicion. I have enough evidence to say supporting the people of Palestine is the morally correct choice in this conflict. We can condemn Hamas while recognizing the Palestinian people are trapped in an open air prison and being forced to live under apartheid. Surely you can agree Israel should stop doing what they're doing to the Palestinian people? This is not a case of Israel destroying Hamas and giving the Palestinian people the right to self-determination and creating a united country with them with equal rights for everyone. This is a case of Israel continuing a history of brutal colonization.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    I don't have evidence of that, it's just a suspicion. I have enough evidence to say supporting the people of Palestine is the morally correct choice in this conflict. We can condemn Hamas while recognizing the Palestinian people are trapped in an open air prison and being forced to live under apartheid. Surely you can agree Israel should stop doing what they're doing to the Palestinian people? This is not a case of Israel destroying Hamas and giving the Palestinian people the right to self-determination and creating a united country with them with equal rights for everyone. This is a case of Israel continuing a history of brutal colonization.

These days I dont agree with your posts very often, but this comment is spot on in every way

This conflict is an example of why religion is the root of all evil. Palestinians and Israelis can never live together because they both claim the ground is the most "holy" to their own religions.

Erase religion and they'd live peacefully together.

Being reported that there are dozens of Israeli-Americans being held captive.

NBA Superstar

Well I can't claim to be an expert, but I know how to read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r...e_of_Palestine

- States that there are currently zero protections for LGBT people from discrimination and harassment.
    - States that same sex marriage is outlawed in Gaza and is punishable up to 10 years in prison.
    - States that gay palestinians often seek refuge in Israel out of fear for their lives.

By all means you are free to point out which parts of this Wiki entry aren't true.
    That’s clear, which makes your deflections from the conflict at hand predictable.

You don’t need to just blindly pick your teams side all of the time, especially if you’re going to laugh at the blue side for doing that. The whole situation is fvcked up and there is a lot of history and variables involved. It’s not just “good guys vs bad guys”.

Yes Palestine has a backwards governance that is oppressive to its people in many ways. But on Israel’s side, you can’t be an abusive father to your son and then be surprised when he turns out to be a drug addict.

Hopefully this is resolved quickly and with relatively little loss of life. Knowing the history of these two, I’m not sure that will be the case.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    That’s clear, which makes your deflections from the conflict at hand predictable.

You don’t need to just blindly pick your teams side all of the time, especially if you’re going to laugh at the blue side for doing that. The whole situation is fvcked up and there is a lot of history and variables involved. It’s not just “good guys vs bad guys”.

Yes Palestine has a backwards governance that is oppressive to its people in many ways. But on Israel’s side, you can’t be an abusive father to your son and then be surprised when he turns out to be a drug addict.

Hopefully this is resolved quickly and with relatively little loss of life. Knowing the history of these two, I’m not sure that will be the case.
    Explain to me how Israel is responsible for Palestine's backwards government. Isn't their government mostly a product of their strict adherence to their religion?

Genuinely asking here because I'm trying to meet you guys in the middle. Help me understand.

What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about the individual laws and practices of the nations themselves.

Why are you throwing a pity party for a country that outlaws homosexuality and puts people in jail over it? I thought you were a pro LGBTQ+ progressive.

More like, what does your mentioning of LGBTQ rights have to do with the Israeli-Palestina conflict and who oppresses who?

NBA Superstar

Explain to me how Israel is responsible for Palestine's backwards government. Isn't their government mostly a product of their strict adherence to their religion?

Genuinely asking here because I'm trying to meet you guys in the middle. Help me understand.
    It’s not a direct responsibility, per se. But flux that their influence in the area has caused has helped allow the current regime to flourish.

This isn’t an exact science but in my estimation, generally in that part of the world the most willing and likely groups to be combative will be extremist ones. So when you create a situation where over and over again conflict is a part of life, then those types will naturally come to the forefront. I don’t know this for sure, but my understanding is that most non-extreme Muslims look down upon conflict like this and are rather peaceful.

Biden would issue a statement, but its cheaper and easier to just do nothing because his stupid voter base will vote blue no matter what

Banned

It’s not a direct responsibility, per se. But flux that their influence in the area has caused has helped allow the current regime to flourish.

This isn’t an exact science but in my estimation, generally in that part of the world the most willing and likely groups to be combative will be extremist ones. So when you create a situation where over and over again conflict is a part of life, then those types will naturally come to the forefront. I don’t know this for sure, but my understanding is that most non-extreme Muslims look down upon conflict like this and are rather peaceful.
    Wouldn't Israel benefit by installing a non-extremist government there though? If they have the power to do so, why haven't they?

In what way does Israel benefit by having Palestine be governed by extremists?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    More like, what does your mentioning of LGBTQ rights have to do with the Israeli-Palestina conflict and who oppresses who?
    Because I think it's amusing that hardcore lefties who claim to be pro-LGBTQ are also throwing a pity party for a country that outlaws homosexuality?

Yea yea, sovereign nations and all that, but I doubt they would show this much sympathy for a red state in the U.S. if they dared to do the same thing. They would probably want the governor tarred and feathered.

Because I think it's amusing that hardcore lefties who claim to be pro-LGBTQ are also throwing a pity party for a country that outlaws homosexuality?

Yea yea, sovereign nations and all that, but I doubt they would show this much sympathy for a red state in the U.S. if they dared to do the same thing. They would probably want the governor tarred and feathered.

A "pity party" is what we call when a country is oppressed for decades? Are we supposed to not care?

Okay, you see it as contradictionary of them, but what about YOU, surely you recognize that an lgbt law is secondary to basic peace in the country.

NBA Superstar

Wouldn't Israel benefit by installing a non-extremist government there though? If they have the power to do so, why haven't they?

In what way does Israel benefit by having Palestine be governed by extremists?
    What? You don’t seem to be understanding.

Who said Israel has the power to install a new government there? Or that they benefit from Palestine being governed by extremists?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel...llah-1.6990466

It looks like Hezbollah has joined the fun too.

Banned

What? You don’t seem to be understanding.

Who said Israel has the power to install a new government there? Or that they benefit from Palestine being governed by extremists?
    You inferred that Israel is responsible for Palestine having a backwards government. I'm asking how's that possible. If Israel has that kind of influence, why wouldn't they just ensure that Palestine is governed by peaceful muslims?

And according to RRR3, Israel benefits because it gives them an excuse to wage war.