Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Gotterdammerung’s 2023-24 NBA Blatherings

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Gobert is back. Minnesota will have an elite defense and make top 8. Memphis has been absolutely killed by injuries so likely out now
    another long year for the trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Great write-up. Orlando and Oklahoma City are the obvious teams I'd pick to make a surprise appearance in the top 8. They're the ones I'd consider wildcards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Thanks.

The OKC Thunder are often touted as a dark horse in the Western Conference. With a cache of young talent, the promise is undeniable. Yet, this potential hasn't translated into a winning record, and they haven't clinched a playoff spot so far. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander stands out as an elite talent, but for the Thunder to truly contend, they need a combination of good health, a fortified defense, and accelerated growth—both in terms of skills and mindset—from their young core. While I see them as an emerging force, perhaps with a shot at the Play-In tournament, I'm hesitant to rank them in the top six. Their relative inexperience could be their Achilles' heel this season.

As for the Orlando Magic, they too showcase signs of promise. Fresh off his Rookie of the Year win in 2023, Banchero has staked his claim as a potential future All-Star, averaging an impressive 20 ppg, 6.9 rpg, and 3.7 apg in his inaugural season. Despite his standout performance, the Magic's overall team statistics paint a picture of inconsistency. They ranked 26th in scoring and settled at a middling 15th in points allowed. Until these issues are addressed comprehensively, it's premature to consider them a surefire playoff team.
    OKC and Orlando both looking the goods so far.

OKC and Orlando both looking the goods so far.
    Yep tho it is still early.

I haven't watched either of them play much so far this year but it looks like the Magic lucked into two 6' 10" multi-hyphenate forwards. Suggs also has been a surprise.

And the T-woofs look completely revitalized. Gobot is back to his DPoY levels, and Towns is the perfect complement on offense. Being the classic 50-40-90 scorer solves a lot of problems, but he is also playing hard on defense.

Then again, it's only November and it's a long season.

Banned

Suns have been on a tear since Booker came back. Riding a 7-game win streak right now.

The biggest problem I see with them is Nurkic though. He'll be a liability come playoff time.

Great write-up. Orlando and Oklahoma City are the obvious teams I'd pick to make a surprise appearance in the top 8. They're the ones I'd consider wildcards.
    I called it!

I called it!
    Good call!
    Reviewing my picks, lol.

I'll post my playoff picks soon, regardless!