Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 158
  1. #121
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47,812

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    I don't typically even like PER but I see it constantly posted on here. My post is in line with that. Siakam is a far stranger comparison to Bosh as he was never leading the Raptors anywhere or leading the league in double doubles, etc etc. Your Jokic to Bron comparison is very confusing too as they are nothing like each other.

    Side note: obviously oldman Jrue is still better than Bev but Chalmers was pretty similar back then as he was a good defender who could occasionally get hot on offense. I don't really see the stretch here
    Siakam led the Raptors farther than Bosh ever did as first option dawg.

  2. #122
    Young Money red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT drizzy
    Posts
    27,402

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    those heat teams were never as stacked as we made them out to be

    the way they struggled in the regular season is the obvious proof of that


    they had huge, easily exploitable holes. they never had real interior defense or any real bigs during those 4 years. hibbert looked like prime shaq against them. every real big man and skilled pointguard would feast on them.

  3. #123
    Young Money red1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    GOAT drizzy
    Posts
    27,402

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    lebrons cavs were better because they were balanced


    heat couldve swapped out bosh for a tristan thompson and mozgov duo and would have improved

  4. #124
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,021

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Just won on the road with no Porzingis, not stacked though.


  5. #125
    Troll who tries to provoke you
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,780

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Just won on the road with no Porzingis, not stacked though.

    that because Luka sucked a huge ***** today. thats why.

  6. #126
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    29,198

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Just won on the road with no Porzingis, not stacked though.

    Is every nba champion stacked? You continue to be stupid. They've been beating Dallas all season. Remind me who the second AllNBA player is again? Who is the MVP candidate?

  7. #127
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25,021

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Is every nba champion stacked? You continue to be stupid. They've been beating Dallas all season. Remind me who the second AllNBA player is again? Who is the MVP candidate?
    The guy who is about to win FMVP.

  8. #128
    XXL Im Still Ballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    23,763

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    those heat teams were never as stacked as we made them out to be

    the way they struggled in the regular season is the obvious proof of that


    they had huge, easily exploitable holes. they never had real interior defense or any real bigs during those 4 years. hibbert looked like prime shaq against them. every real big man and skilled pointguard would feast on them.
    Facts. That 2013 team is one of only four championship teams in NBA history to be outrebounded on average. And of those four, they were by far the worst of the bunch, literally dead last in rebounding. 30th out of 30 teams.

    The fact that their season changed once they acquired Chris Andersen is proof of how huge an issue their lack of bigs was. He was enough of a stopgap to plug the hole somewhat.

    IMO, that 2013 Miami team is the most "small ball" championship team ever. Just doesn't seem like it because Bosh is 6'11" even though he's got a long-ass neck and is a power forward that plays more like a small forward than a center.

  9. #129
    The Bearded Menace Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    33,102

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    those heat teams were never as stacked as we made them out to be

    the way they struggled in the regular season is the obvious proof of that


    they had huge, easily exploitable holes. they never had real interior defense or any real bigs during those 4 years. hibbert looked like prime shaq against them. every real big man and skilled pointguard would feast on them.
    Kong having to be familiar with too many teammates may be a factor about them not winning on a consistent basis. That's why a lot of shuffling or overhauling bt were involved and one that is recurring in his career until now.

  10. #130
    College star
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    4,052

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    ray allen isnt playing much due to his defense. he at that stage in his career isnt on the same tier as jrue white etc. Someone like current kcp is likely better due to defense even accounting for era I think.
    Fair point, but it doesn't take away from the fact that someone like Allen added depth to their roster. The 2013 Heat, for example, won 66 games. They did so because they were stacked. When we look at the roster, the trio to Wade/LeBron/Bosh > JT/JB/KP. Sure, Jrue/White/Horford is probably a better trio than Chalmers/Allen/Battier, but I still believe they look a lot better due to the inflated numbers.

    If we account for the rosters in full, then I still think Miami has the edge, though it's probably splitting hairs.

    Boston's playoff run is looking a lot better than it actually is given the amount of injuries that occurred in the Eastern Conference. And I don't believe the Mavs are a tougher opponent than the Spurs were in 2013.

  11. #131
    NBA All-star NBAGOAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    9,476

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    Fair point, but it doesn't take away from the fact that someone like Allen added depth to their roster. The 2013 Heat, for example, won 66 games. They did so because they were stacked. When we look at the roster, the trio to Wade/LeBron/Bosh > JT/JB/KP. Sure, Jrue/White/Horford is probably a better trio than Chalmers/Allen/Battier, but I still believe they look a lot better due to the inflated numbers.

    If we account for the rosters in full, then I still think Miami has the edge, though it's probably splitting hairs.

    Boston's playoff run is looking a lot better than it actually is given the amount of injuries that occurred in the Eastern Conference. And I don't believe the Mavs are a tougher opponent than the Spurs were in 2013.
    Sure about Mavs, they’re not the spurs. Do keep in mind even without the injuries Celtics are winning and also they didn’t have porzingis.

    Jrue/white/horford don’t have eye popping numbers so I disagree there. They’re guys who are just significantly better on both sides of the ball. White and holiday are top 50 players easily, all-nba defenders who are 3rd options on other title teams very likely. none of the Miami trio were that in 2013. Sure Miami might be more stacked because of their top end guys but with wades injuries and bosh being around all star lvl basically difference comes all from peak lebron vs Tatum lol. The comparison without top guy isn’t really close even accounting for era.

  12. #132
    College star
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    4,052

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Sure about Mavs, they’re not the spurs. Do keep in mind even without the injuries Celtics are winning and also they didn’t have porzingis.

    Jrue/white/horford don’t have eye popping numbers so I disagree there. They’re guys who are just significantly better on both sides of the ball. White and holiday are top 50 players easily, all-nba defenders who are 3rd options on other title teams very likely. none of the Miami trio were that in 2013. Sure Miami might be more stacked because of their top end guys but with wades injuries and bosh being around all star lvl basically difference comes all from peak lebron vs Tatum lol. The comparison without top guy isn’t really close even accounting for era.
    I think I worded that badly. Let me rephrase. When I say "inflated", I don't mean their numbers are spectacular. I mean the numbers look better than they would be in other eras.

    Jrue's career high in 3pt% came this year - at age 33 - in what is now his 15th season in the league.

    Horford has been in the league since 2008. He's in his 17th season. His career high came last season at age 36. And he did so at a near 45% clip. Allen had just one season where he shot the three better than that.

    Here's the thing. I don't care what Horford shoots. He's not a better 3 point shooter than Allen was, at any point of their careers. I just think Hoford benefits massively from modern spacing since shooters live on the perimeter.

    His game evolved with the style and system, but I think the same would have happened with Allen had his later years come in 2024.

    I do agree that Jrue and White are both better than Chalmers, Allen, and Battier though.

  13. #133
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47,812

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Horford’s main value isn’t from shooting. He’s significantly more impactful than old Ray Allen. I think old Ray gets overrated to hell because of his clutch shot, Chalmers, Birdman and Battier were more important to those Heat teams.

  14. #134
    College superstar rmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,643

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    name me a team with less ring chasers than the 2011-2014 Heat from the 2000-2010 era
    Huh? Every team. We're not talking old, veterans at the end of the bench. We're talking starting 5.

  15. #135
    Lol RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47,812

    Default Re: The 2011-2014 Heat don't seem stacked anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by rmt View Post
    Huh? Every team. We're not talking old, veterans at the end of the bench. We're talking starting 5.
    How the hell was Chalmers a ring chaser? The Heat drafted him. Same for Joel Anthony he was signed out of college. Shut up grandma.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •