Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The scene makes me appreciate Pacino and Deniro's acting even more.

The movie was OK. Not very memorable. Pacino doing his yelling guy thing and DeNiro playing the same guy he plays in almost all his movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Extremely overrated film. When it came out it was barely even a hit, and that was with Pacino and Deniro co-headlining. No idea why it became a cult classic all these years later.

One of Pacino's most bland and uninspired characters AND performances. And I say that as someone who thinks he has a legit case for being the GOAT.
    I think most of the hype around this movie ultimately boils down to the big shootout scene... no doubt the shootout is a phenomenal action scene, but the film is 3 hours long and that shootout is the only part that is not entirely forgettable. Also Pacino and Deniro both have a ton of cringe moments in this film (especially Pacino).

Michael Mann is an awesome director (Last of the Mohicans is phenomenal and Miami Vice is one of the most underrated films of the 2000s), and ultimately I think most of Heats success can be traced back to his cinematography and sound choices. The dialogue/script is poorly written, the actor performances are adequate but nothing special... its the action sequences, soundtrack, and overall mood or vibe of the film that makes it special and memorable.
    Last edited by Nanners; 10-14-2023 at 05:47 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Most underrated scene in the movie.