Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: am i the asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    my father's tenant knows a quote "migrant" who apparently needs a bike so he can look for work. i have a spare bike in the garage (the tenant knows this) and my pops asked if i'd be willing to give it up. the tenant is a liberal (ukraine, blm, vaccines) etc.
    Stopped reading here. You are an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Speaking of bicycles, the welfarefan has his own huffy bike i believe.

Oh wow. You responded to 2qr3 two minutes after his post. This is the complete opposite of you disappearing for a day or two after a 2qr3 post. That's very interesting.

It's also very interesting that two minutes is what usually takes for you to respond to Patrick Chewing or I after one of us mentions you. (Especially Patrick Chewing.)

Could it be that you conquered your 2qr3 fear? Or could it be that you are indeed 2qr3, and you are mocking the allegations by specifically making a post as 2qr3 and then responding to it in exactly 2 minutes, because Patrick Chewing and I called you out about that.
    Last edited by jstern; 10-10-2023 at 11:53 PM.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Listen, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. Having no compassion or worry about someone less fortunate than you is not a requirement. Just find other ways to be a good person.
    What about conversion to Islam? Is that a way to be a good person? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    Lol i just remembered calling this obsessed doofus an asshole before.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Lol i just remembered calling this obsessed doofus an asshole before.
    That's because you're also Jasper, who's obsessed with that part of a man's body.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern View Post
    I think lil' greg's autism allows him to accuse other users of being somebody else, even tho he just ends up being dubious most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    10char

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    yeah you're the asshole.

your mind spends too much time on the internet thinking about liberals / conservatives bla bla bla.
    This. Anyone who thinks about politics this much and allows it to solely affect their judgement in real life is seriously deranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    What about conversion to Islam? Is that a way to be a good person? Asking for a friend.
    Being of a certain religion does not make you a good fella. I know plenty of bad muslims, bad christians, bad jews. You need to do better, pat.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    This. Anyone who thinks about politics this much and allows it to solely affect their judgement in real life is seriously deranged.
    so basically what you're saying is... don't think? i believe i laid out a pretty fair argument as to why i was hesitant to giving the guy the bike and it was based on the fact that i didn't know him and he was most likely here illegally. you don't think it's fair that i take those things into consideration? that's deranged? if that's the case, then with all due respect i think you're the one being ridiculous.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

You are not an asshole because you did not want to loan your bike to someone you did not know.

Move on.

You are getting yourself into trouble trying to justify why you did not want to let someone use your bike.

my father's tenant knows a quote "migrant" who apparently needs a bike so he can look for work. i have a spare bike in the garage (the tenant knows this) and my pops asked if i'd be willing to give it up. the tenant is a liberal (ukraine, blm, vaccines) etc.

i don't know the guy so my answer is no. i'm guessing he's one of the thousand "asylum seekers" aka... illegal immigrants shipped to chicago. i don't have any pity for you. the city is already bending over backwards for your welfare.

now, IF i knew for certain he was legal, 'fresh off the boat' and honestly looking for work i'd gladly just give him the fuccin' bike. i'd even walk to the gas station and inflate the tires for him. of course that's too awkward of a question to ask so it is what it is. i don't know dude. i don't know what his intentions are. why can't he walk to find work? what kind of work does he expect to find as an illegal? am i obligated to do the 'right thing'? am i being too political? fucc that.

...am i the asshole?
    yeah even though I side with all of your viewpoints. Because you judged a man based on his views and didn't lend him something you don't even really use, you are kind of a dick. That's not what Jesus would do. You asked haha.

But like I said I feel ya. I'd just look at people w/ weird political views as brainwashed. Maybe he's afraid if he stops supporting them, he's gonna get shipped back. Dono, but yeah you can't judge someone and take away an opportunity. That's 'not right.' I could see if you said you wanted someone in your house or whatever or there were other worries, or even if you thought he might run off with your bike, but since you don't and it's simply because of your feelings, yeah that's kinda jerky. REAL.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Listen, you don't have to do anything you don't want to. Having no compassion or worry about someone less fortunate than you is not a requirement. Just find other ways to be a good person.
    Edit: this is not true. It's meant to sound kinda passively guilt-triggering, but nonetheless... it is required. It's not even about compassion, either, or fortune... the comment by HW was you're not obligated to help anyone, but this help is like 3x removed. It's a spare bike, means nothing to you. Dude is going to get a job which in the end will help out the world, prol. Just a waste of time toward an inevitable end imo.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 10-11-2023 at 07:39 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

i don't know the guy so my answer is no. i'm guessing he's one of the thousand "asylum seekers" aka... illegal immigrants shipped to chicago. i don't have any pity for you. the city is already bending over backwards for your welfare.

now, IF i knew for certain he was legal, 'fresh off the boat' and honestly looking for work i'd gladly just give him the fuccin' bike. i'd even walk to the gas station and inflate the tires for him. of course that's too awkward of a question to ask so it is what it is. i don't know dude. i don't know what his intentions are. why can't he walk to find work? what kind of work does he expect to find as an illegal? am i obligated to do the 'right thing'? am i being too political? fucc that.

...am i the asshole?
    seems your father allowing a bipartisan person to live under his roof.
    Yep - can't give a bike to a guy dictates that you cherish your harley.

so basically what you're saying is... don't think?
    Can you not read, asshole? EXACTLY what he said is:

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    smh

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Can you not read, asshole? EXACTLY what he said is:

smh