Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default A full roster of all stars I think could potentially miss the playoffs today.

D’Angelo Russell/Jameer Nelson/BJ Armstrong
    John Starks/Wally S
    Chris Gatling/Kyle Korver
    Dale Davis/Tyrone Hill
    Jamal Magloire/Theo Ratliff/James Donaldson(you’re well within your rights to not know who that is)

Also…

A full roster of non all stars I think could win the title today:

Rod Strickland/Kirk Hinrich(you heard me)
    Ron Harper/Jalen Rose/Jason Terry
    Drazen(is that cheating because he definitely would have had he lived?)/Michael Cooper
    Lamar Odom/Derek Mckey
    Marcus Camby/Sam Perkins

Throw Mike Bibby in there somewhere but he absolutely cannot have Kirk Hinrichs minutes if we want to play enough D to win a title. I’m low on wings and big forwards I want….

Cj Mcculloum ever make it? If not…he gets Terrys spot and I slide Rose to the 3 to be point forward with the second unit while Kirk is deleting your screen game.

I feel like I could do that team better, but I would have to think about it for longer than I have right now. I have pork chops frying. Excuse me.

Default Re: A full roster of all stars I think could potentially miss the playoffs today.

Kyrie Irving
    Mo Williams
    Dwayne Wade
    Chris Bosh
    Anthony Davis

If you put those guys together using only the versions Lebron got to play with... that's a lottery squad.

Default Re: A full roster of all stars I think could potentially miss the playoffs today.

OK let’s kick out Jason Terry and replace him with inexplicably buff recent Mike Bibby with the skills of prime mike Bibby. Give me Bruce Bowen instead of Jalen Rose(assuming 2003 rules apply to his defense) since I won’t need a backup ball handler with Rod/Bibby/Kirk and we need defense and a guy to hold down the corner on offense. Replace Bowen with peak PJ Tucker if Bowen has to play today’s hands off defense.

There’s some much better traditional scoring big men I could take, but having Camby taking away layups with Perkins, coming off the bench, spacing the floor while still being able to block shots with help raise the ceiling for this team. Al Jefferson would score more but we would give a lot of it back.

I need another wing because I’m feeling like Drazen shouldn’t count. He’s a special situation…

I could put CJ at the three in quite a few matchups I guess. I’m getting too far down this rabbit hole…

I wish Ron Artest didn’t have that one year. I could play him at the 4

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

both teams would be awful

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    both teams would be awful

If I keep Drazen and hope Rod realizes he needs to take 300,000 threes in the offseason in prep I may have a chance.

Rod
    Drazen

Odom
    Camby

Could play together well but I need someone more dynamic on the wing. If Ron is what he was supposed to be it could work but it’s a tossup. I don’t exactly need more pure scorers but I need a strong two way guy I can plug in at the 2-3-4 depending on matchup and Artest is both off limits and crazy even if he weren’t.

Doug Christie might fit somewhere…

If AK47 didn’t make that one all star team I’d be set. I’d settle for Jamal Mashburn. He wouldn’t shoot 41% in this league. But he made a team too.

Those Allstars could potentially have three 20ppg scorers ( Russell, Starks, Sczerbiak) and two all defense members(Starks, Ratliff) and prob dpoy in Theo.

Russell/Jameer
    Starks/BJ
    Wally/Korver
    Gatling/Hill
    Ratliff/Davis/Magliore

No big names but a fairly balanced team that would have a good shot at the playoffs today especially with the modern rules

Theo was a great shot blocker, who could move his feet a bit, but going all out for every block he could was just about all that made him valuable. He might have to sit down, faced with a Center who pulled him out to the three-point line almost every play. I feel like I need to go back and watch him in a few select matchups. I wonder if he ever had to guard Okur when he was hanging around outside.

I feel you can do better with the non all-star team. I'll only use current players I don't think will make it.

Derek Harper/Brogdon/Terry
    Christie/Cooper/Powell
    OG/Richard Jefferson
    Odom/Aaron Gordon
    Ibaka/Robert Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I feel you can do better with the non all-star team. I'll only use current players I don't think will make it.

Derek Harper/Brogdon/Terry
    Christie/Cooper/Powell
    OG/Richard Jefferson
    Odom/Aaron Gordon
    Ibaka/Robert Williams
    I feel like that team could go an entire playoff series with nobody scoring 20 points. You at least need somebody like Petrovic or Jalen Rose, who could potentially explode for something without it being a career night. Drazen would give you an unsurprising 30 if you needed it. Rest of those guys would be having to have the night of their lives. They can go I just don’t wanna have to lean on any of them for much if it gets tough.

Gotta have a not quite star in your pocket.

You picked some of the worst All-Stars. D'Angelo and John Starks is nasty in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    You picked some of the worst All-Stars. D'Angelo and John Starks is nasty in a bad way.
    …well…I felt like adding Jordan and Kareem would hinder my goal of making a team that wouldn’t make the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    D’Angelo Russell/Jameer Nelson/BJ Armstrong
    John Starks/Wally S
    Chris Gatling/Kyle Korver
    Dale Davis/Tyrone Hill
    Jamal Magloire/Theo Ratliff/James Donaldson(you’re well within your rights to not know who that is)

Also…

A full roster of non all stars I think could win the title today:

Rod Strickland/Kirk Hinrich(you heard me)
    Ron Harper/Jalen Rose/Jason Terry
    Drazen(is that cheating because he definitely would have had he lived?)/Michael Cooper
    Lamar Odom/Derek Mckey
    Marcus Camby/Sam Perkins

Throw Mike Bibby in there somewhere but he absolutely cannot have Kirk Hinrichs minutes if we want to play enough D to win a title. I’m low on wings and big forwards I want….

Cj Mcculloum ever make it? If not…he gets Terrys spot and I slide Rose to the 3 to be point forward with the second unit while Kirk is deleting your screen game.

I feel like I could do that team better, but I would have to think about it for longer than I have right now. I have pork chops frying. Excuse me.
    Good picks for the first team that doesn't make the playoffs. I just don't see your second team winning the finals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I feel like that team could go an entire playoff series with nobody scoring 20 points. You at least need somebody like Petrovic or Jalen Rose, who could potentially explode for something without it being a career night. Drazen would give you an unsurprising 30 if you needed it. Rest of those guys would be having to have the night of their lives. They can go I just don’t wanna have to lean on any of them for much if it gets tough.

Gotta have a not quite star in your pocket.
    Drazen shouldn't even be eligible since he made All-NBA despite having his career cut tragically short, a much more prestigious honor.

Rod Strickland was all nba second team but never an all star. Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

If we're taking them in the years they were all-stars? Than I have them easily making the playoffs. They may not mesh as well as those Hawks that won 60 with 4 all-stars but they are winning at least 50 games. They have above average players at every position in their career years. Even though that Chris Gatling/Kyle Korver SF rotation has me scared for my life.