Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LeBron is really pushing the idea he should own the Vegas expansion.

Vegas and Lebron is an interesting dynamic.

Vegas as a city is hugely reliant on tourism, much of it international. Now, as deeply as I respect Lebron’s phenomenal wokeness, and Jay-Z’s too, the question has to be asked… Will their brand of leadership and political influence be a good thing for Vegas as a city? I mean I certainly believe so. Vegas could become the the next Akron Ohio, which would be awesome. I think a big billboard acknowledging Lebron and Jay-Z as the destination’s civic leaders will do wonders for international appeal, given the kinds of society they're known to advocate for.

Problem is, I dont know if other people in the city will see it the same way I do. Will they think Lebron’s public profile and political image make Vegas more appealing as a place to visit, or less? He’s spoken out very bravely and intelligently about the evil of police officers. Which I personally love him for. But I dont know how well thats received in other quarters.

Time will tell.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron is really pushing the idea he should own the Vegas expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    No expansion team is worth $5B. It will probably be half of that and nobody buys teams alone unless they have Balmer money.

LeBron can easily put together a group of wealthy billionaires to fund a large part of the purchase.

Bran + Jay Z + some wealthy white dudes.
    Silver kind of laughed off suggestions of an expansion fee of 2.5 billion a few years ago for being too low before the suns sold for 4. I wouldn’t doubt if they try to charge a new group 3.5-4 to join the club.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    No expansion team is worth $5B. It will probably be half of that and nobody buys teams alone unless they have Balmer money.

LeBron can easily put together a group of wealthy billionaires to fund a large part of the purchase.

Bran + Jay Z + some wealthy white dudes.
    The Hornets just got sold for 3 billion. Vegas is easily a much more valuable market, the NBA has huge tv contracts and the other owners are going to want to make a much money off the new owners as possible so their will absolutely be a bidding competition.

NBA All-star

based on the contracts that some of the NBA owners are handing out, easily. for how often Lebron appears on media, he doesn't come off as socially awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The Hornets just got sold for 3 billion. Vegas is easily a much more valuable market, the NBA has huge tv contracts and the other owners are going to want to make a much money off the new owners as possible so their will absolutely be a bidding competition.
    And nothing's happened significant to that sorry franchise in the last ten years. Didn't even get past the first round of the p/s in that time frame lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    based on the contracts that some of the NBA owners are handing out, easily. for how often Lebron appears on media, he doesn't come off as socially awkward.
    yeah, LeBron is about 10 times richer than the guy who owned the Hornets when he was drafted is now.

Jaylen Brown’s current contract is for $18 million more than the 76ers were purchased for in just 2011. Not 1991. 2011. That is how much revenue the streaming age and international markets have added to the league.

It’s always funny people thinking players have leverage on a guy like Silver. He’s 61 years old and worth 50million. He doesn’t need a job or to work

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    It’s always funny people thinking players have leverage on a guy like Silver. He’s 61 years old and worth 50million. He doesn’t need a job or to work
    if you think middle-aged rich professional people don’t care about things like bonus money, and keeping positions of power I would suggest you get to know a few more. Not needing the money or the power doesn’t keep them from lusting after it and seeing it’s denial as great disrespect.

Guys like that don’t want to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    if you think middle-aged rich professional people don’t care about things like bonus money, and keeping positions of power I would suggest you get to know a few more. Not needing the money or the power doesn’t keep them from lusting after it and seeing it’s denial as great disrespect.

Guys like that don’t want to stop.
    Perhaps that’s true but I doubt he lives a lavish lifestyle and he’s 20 years past middle age

NBA All-star

Silver in the role of front office will take you to the 1st round, and that's about it. Stern will help you sniff the conference final

Perhaps that’s true but I doubt he lives a lavish lifestyle and he’s 20 years past middle age
    Middle aged is like 40-60. He’s in his prime as a powerful businessman. You don’t tend to be that in your 30s. It’s an older persons game you play after years of networking. In the world they live 38 year olds are kids.

that 50 million is bc of players like Bron and KD...they absolutely have influence over Silver. especially LeBron because he owns an agency that represents like 7% of current NBA players and even more G-league/overseas talent that isn't eligible for the draft yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Vegas and Lebron is an interesting dynamic.

Vegas as a city is hugely reliant on tourism, much of it international. Now, as deeply as I respect Lebron’s phenomenal wokeness, and Jay-Z’s too, the question has to be asked… Will their brand of leadership and political influence be a good thing for Vegas as a city? I mean I certainly believe so. Vegas could become the the next Akron Ohio, which would be awesome. I think a big billboard acknowledging Lebron and Jay-Z as the destination’s civic leaders will do wonders for international appeal, given the kinds of society they're known to advocate for.

Problem is, I dont know if other people in the city will see it the same way I do. Will they think Lebron’s public profile and political image make Vegas more appealing as a place to visit, or less? He’s spoken out very bravely and intelligently about the evil of police officers. Which I personally love him for. But I dont know how well thats received in other quarters.

Time will tell.
    Rampant PED usage as well, he’d fit right in.

Shaq also wants it:

LeBron James has talked so much over the last year about his desire to own an NBA expansion team in Las Vegas that it almost feels like a foregone conclusion.
    Not so fast, says fellow basketball legend Shaquille O’Neal.
    O’Neal, who also starred for the Los Angeles Lakers and is now a fixture on TNT’s “Inside The NBA,” told The Messenger he’s also keenly eyeing the fast-growing Nevada sports market — and has no intention of partnering with James.

“I would like to have my own group,” O’Neal said. “I know Vegas hasn’t been awarded an NBA team yet, but if they ever get to a point where they are awarded a team, I would like to be a part of that. I don’t want to partner up with nobody. I want it all for myself.”
    Major facility developer Oak View Group is including an NBA arena as a central element of aplanned $10 billion entertainment district in Las Vegas that would also include a hotel and gaming facilities.

Like James, O’Neal has been an active investor and businessman, perhaps most notably through his involvement in several national restaurant chains. O’Neal previously held an equity stake in the Sacramento Kings, which he sold early last year, telling fans, “Till we meet again.”
    James’ wide-ranging and growing investment portfolio is highlighted by an equity stake in Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Liverpool FC parent Fenway Sports Group.