NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default The play that led to KD leaving the warriors

Dray.

Do you feel like Durants reaction was warranted or did he overreact?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: The play that led to KD leaving the warriors

I can see it from both sides honestly. Dray is ultra competitive and in the heat of the moment it’s not unreasonable for him to get on somebody for not doing what they’re supposed to do.

At the same time it’s justified for KD to feel like he gifted them two easy rings and he doesn’t need to be called out like that in front of everyone.

At the end of the day KD is too sensitive and Dray is too aggressive, and that mixed with the media shitting on KD for the move to begin with? I can see why he’d leave. I wouldn’t myself but I understand. Also never been in Kds position so who knows

Haven't you heard? 'Keven' durant only passed up allen iverson (said to be top 20 all-time) in the all-time scoring list only after he left the warriors bt.

NBA rookie of the year

Curry haters are angry they couldn't supress his greatness by crediting Durant for his 4th ring.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

Dray.

Do you feel like Durants reaction was warranted or did he overreact?
    It was warranted because that shit was going on, had to be. They were all Jelly of KD. Say what you want about KD and whether he was the best player on the team or how good he is all time, but the fact is HIS FIT on that team was like Bill Russell level dynasty. I dunno if it was all of them and Dray was taking one for the team, but yeah... that play would have looked a lot better if he had done something with it. That was Carlton. And KD just sitting there like whatever and you can tell dude starts talking and then finally dude blows up. You don't need to read lips to realize he was like WHAT WERE YOU DOING? haha. But yeah it's just hate. It's sad when jealousy ruins something, but it's better for the NBA. Still... that team was legit one of the most stacked team of all time, and it was in an era where the NBA has a lot of 'super teams,' or they do now, but they don't usually FIT, so the fit of that team would just be getting ring after ring. Steph woulda got a FMVP eventually haha. I think...

Edit: @ Shawk, what exactly was KD supposed to do? Get open? haha. Four seconds, KD could have pushed it up and at least got it on the rim. There is no heat of the moment, the moment he didn't let KD get the ball he was dumbing. Klay and Curry not even on the floor, so it's like who is he gonna pass to? What is he doing? He got stripped like DEMIMOORE. Dray is a cancer and I kinda hope that it was only him that lead to that team breaking up because it reflects poorly on Klay and Curry... they coulda legit won like 6-7 rings.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 10-12-2023 at 08:11 PM.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

It was a bitch move to go there. Draymond is a monkey. And KD is a bitch. The split was amicable and mutual.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I can see it from both sides honestly. Dray is ultra competitive and in the heat of the moment it’s not unreasonable for him to get on somebody for not doing what they’re supposed to do.

At the same time it’s justified for KD to feel like he gifted them two easy rings and he doesn’t need to be called out like that in front of everyone.

At the end of the day KD is too sensitive and Dray is too aggressive, and that mixed with the media shitting on KD for the move to begin with? I can see why he’d leave. I wouldn’t myself but I understand. Also never been in Kds position so who knows

To the bold I don't think you watched the clip. Durant didn't "do something he's not supposed to do". Dray did. And then instead of admitting he ****ed up he triple or quadrupled down on it and screamed at his teammates the same way he would an opponent.