Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Kobe has zero argument over Bron all-time rankings

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer View Post
    You dorks do realize that LeBron's going to get the Lance Armstrong treatment eventually right.
    Jordan has all the signs of long-term steroid use and we just ignore that

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

2000 was a sidekick ring for Kobe but washed? He injured his ankle? And had the defining performance in the Finals winning a game in Indiana without Shaq on the floor. 2001 and 2002 he’s essentially co alpha rings. So that’s 4 which is the same number as Bron. And LeBron had many suspect or lockout or covid AAU shortened Mickey Mouse bubble chips. I think the discussion is way more nuanced than what you’re idiotically presenting. I think Bird, Magic, Kobe and LeBron are all on the same tier.

Dunking on everybody in the park

He has! Some weird people think that getting trashed early in the playoffs is better than making it to finals, so there will be losers giving more value to losing and giving Kobe arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    He has! Some weird people think that getting trashed early in the playoffs is better than making it to finals, so there will be losers giving more value to losing and giving Kobe arguments.
    I think the value is winning it all and not losing in the Finals. Especially considering the historically weak ass conference in order to get there, combined with the consolidated amount of help from 2011 - 2018 by comparison to other teams in the conference to get there. It was cupcake road to the Finals where he still often lost.

And Jordan has better stats than Lebron, more MVP's, more Finals MVP's yet some people are still arguing for Lebron.

The argument for Kobe is centered on the eye test and what he can do on the basketball court. If you don't care about stats and just break down the game, you can argue that Kobe is the GOAT quite easily. His skillet was truly legendary. That's not my criteria but some people think like that and who am I to tell them they are wrong. A lot of former players in fact hold Kobe in that kind of regard.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    And Jordan has better stats than Lebron, more MVP's, more Finals MVP's yet some people are still arguing for Lebron.

The argument for Kobe is centered on the eye test and what he can do on the basketball court. If you don't care about stats and just break down the game, you can argue that Kobe is the GOAT quite easily. His skillet was truly legendary. That's not my criteria but some people think like that and who am I to tell them they are wrong. A lot of former players in fact hold Kobe in that kind of regard.
    So many of actual peers that played both, have Michael at number one and Kobe at number two. And they’re like steadfast in that breakdown

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    2000 was a sidekick ring for Kobe but washed? He injured his ankle? And had the defining performance in the Finals winning a game in Indiana without Shaq on the floor. 2001 and 2002 he’s essentially co alpha rings. So that’s 4 which is the same number as Bron. And LeBron had many suspect or lockout or covid AAU shortened Mickey Mouse bubble chips. I think the discussion is way more nuanced than what you’re idiotically presenting. I think Bird, Magic, Kobe and LeBron are all on the same tier.
    This whole "kobe won game 4 without Shaq" is such kobe stan bullshit. Shaq ACTUALLY won a game in that finals without Kobe, not the other way around.

Game 2 win:
    Shaq: 40/24/4 with 3 blocks
    Kobe: 2 points, 4 assists, 1 block

Game 4 win:
    Shaq: 36/21/1/2/2
    Kobe: 28/4/5/1/2

Oh and how did these two fair over the game 5/6 in the 2000 finals?
    Shaq: 38/12/2/1/3 - 56.8 TS%
    Kobe: 17/8/4/1.5/1 - 33.4 TS%

Shaq won in 2000 in spite of Kobe's horrible performance. I legit don't even "count" Kobe's 2000 rings when it comes to all-time discussions. People try to discredit KD putting up 35/8/5 on 70 TS% while winning FMVP, but then try to give Kobe FULL CREDIT for his 2000 ring? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    This whole "kobe won game 4 without Shaq" is such kobe stan bullshit. Shaq ACTUALLY won a game in that finals without Kobe, not the other way around.

Game 2 win:
    Shaq: 40/24/4 with 3 blocks
    Kobe: 2 points, 4 assists, 1 block

Game 4 win:
    Shaq: 36/21/1/2/2
    Kobe: 28/4/5/1/2

Oh and how did these two fair over the game 5/6 in the 2000 finals?
    Shaq: 38/12/2/1/3 - 56.8 TS%
    Kobe: 17/8/4/1.5/1 - 33.4 TS%

Shaq won in 2000 in spite of Kobe's horrible performance. I legit don't even "count" Kobe's 2000 rings when it comes to all-time discussions. People try to discredit KD putting up 35/8/5 on 70 TS% while winning FMVP, but then try to give Kobe FULL CREDIT for his 2000 ring? LOL.

Kobe got injured in the middle of the Finals Roid fan, and he was the reason we won game 4.

Also, look at Kobe and Shaq's stats in Game 7 of the WCF..

Kobe got injured in the middle of the Finals Roid fan, and he was the reason we won game 4.

Kobe was better in the 2001 and 2002 WCF both of which were more competitive than the Finals opponents themselves

Jokic Stan

I am fully aware Kobe got hurt, that makes Shaq carry job even more impressive. He won with a pre-prime, not 100% healthy Kobe. Oh by the way, Kobe being "hurt" didn't stop him from chucking 25 shots per game during games 4, 5, and 6.

Again read what you wrote. You want to give Kobe "all-time credit" for winning a ring in which he was 85-90% healthy or so and was a year before his real prime.

I mean if you want to do that, then you'd need to rank Scottie Pippen as a top 5-10 player all time as well.

Kobe has four rings in which he played at all time great levels during the year, same as Bron. If Bron won a ring this year avg 15ppg, it would do nothing for his all time standings.

There is no "defending" Kobe's 2000 ring as all-time great quality. It factually wasn't.

NBA Superstar

Kobe was better in the 2001 and 2002 WCF both of which were more competitive than the Finals opponents themselves
    Ehhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Ehhhhhhh
    30/14/2
    27/6/4

Dual alpha numbers

NBA Superstar

30/14/2
    27/6/4

Dual alpha numbers
    I suppose. Your initial comment is that Kobe was better though which I'm not sure you can make that case. He was excellent in 4th quarters but Shaq was completely dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I suppose. Your initial comment is that Kobe was better though which I'm not sure you can make that case. He was excellent in 4th quarters but Shaq was completely dominant.
    That one is about equal to me. And technically they should’ve lost that one anyway. Some heinous suspect officiating

You dorks do realize that LeBron's going to get the Lance Armstrong treatment eventually right.

His career won't mean squat due to performance enhancers.

Save yourself the anguish now and stop your phony allegiance to cheating.

Salvation can be yours.
    Go to hell.