Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Every Play From Victor Wembanyama's 23 Point Performance! | October 13, 2023

Very noice! I like the physicality attacking the paint. That mid-range jumper is definitely his shot. I also like how they're running him through screens off the ball and having him attack off the catch. He doesn't have the power yet to consistently take guys off the dribble. That'll come with physical maturation.

Default Re: Every Play From Victor Wembanyama's 23 Point Performance! | October 13, 2023

Extra noice!

Victor Wembanyama has shot 15-18 on 2-pointers this preseason, including 11-11 in the paint.

- ESPN Stats & Info

Banned

Default Re: Every Play From Victor Wembanyama's 23 Point Performance! | October 13, 2023

In today's league, who's going to stop him?

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    My money's on Giannis. Vic is pretty damn fast for his frame so he'll win most match-ups despite not being as strong yet. That middy is looking great thus far.

He still has a long way ahead before people start to consider him that he's not a bust.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    his body. Too big

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    his body. Too big
    he’s like rudy if rudy actually knew how to play ****ing basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    his body. Too big
    too big? Wut

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Very noice! I like the physicality attacking the paint. That mid-range jumper is definitely his shot. I also like how they're running him through screens off the ball and having him attack off the catch. He doesn't have the power yet to consistently take guys off the dribble. That'll come with physical maturation.

Did he even miss a shot inside the 3 point line? haha.

I think he looks great. I'm kinda feeling myself actually. I was talking before about how he needs to work on his foot planting because he's stepping way too wide and his knees are bending when he does moves. In this, the only time his legs looked at all vulnerable (and they were much less than they would have been before) was when he did those complex iso moves. He is impressive, the way he is moving. He doesn't need to move that fast, as long as he keeps his legs right, you saw him just blocking a jumper. That dunk from like 5 feet away was nuts, too.

Really good balance w/ his legs, though. Moving at the right pace. Like I said he started feeling himself a little when he did those iso moves, but it's whatever. On a play like that, he could get hurt, but overall he looks much less like he is gonna get injured quickly. His balance is probably way better, too. I'm kinda intrigued to see how he plays in the NBA. I hope he doesn't try to do one of those sweeping drives or get like 40 and start trying to go off then get his leg snapped. That's the one thing I see as standing in his way. If he just plays it like he did, he can shoot over anyone. He can still take dribbles, too, and drive; he can dunk easy without doing heavy steps. Def very impressive and it shows he has changed a lot since the last vid I saw of him.

-Smak

Local High School Star

His speed in the open court as shocking to me. What a freak.

Legitimate potential to be better than MJ and LeBron. Wow. This guy is absurd. I hope he reaches his potential, it would be great for the NBA as a whole. Although often not fun for non-Spurs fans

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Extra noice!
    Well, it's nice that he's got a reliable midrange, but if using his extreme height isnt a big part of him getting an advantage... I dont see what makes him a "GOAT candidate." His highlights dont look much different from the Scoot Henderson highlights Kblaze just posted. He's just another dude with a nice handle and a midrange jump shot, who happens to be freakishly tall. His height doesnt really mean much if he's just dribbling on the perimeter taking 17 footers. He doesnt look proficient from three point range so far and he's not dominant in the post. Maybe he gets there, but what he's doing right now only makes him 'special' from the standpoint that it's a novelty at his size. It doesnt separate him from the rest of the league in terms of impacting the game.

He's 19 so obviously he has plenty of time to figure out ways to use his height. But right now the things he's good at are kinda the things that matter the least. Frankly he's not even that valuable on the perimeter, you can find shorter guys who do that better than he does. People are just in awe because of how competent he is for his size. But fans often have trouble separating what is aesthetically astounding from what really makes an impact on winning.

A 7'3 dude dribbling on the perimeter taking midrange jump shots is not going to make any kind of GOAT impact.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You all see the many clips of people refusing to shoot near him?

One time they passed up like 3 looks because he was hovering then it came back around and dude took a jumper and he blocked it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Legitimate potential to be better than MJ and LeBron. Wow. This guy is absurd. I hope he reaches his potential, it would be great for the NBA as a whole. Although often not fun for non-Spurs fans

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Petrified.