Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are the 2017 and 2018 Warriors the Same Team?

Baller234 spends the day yesterday desperately trying to argue that because the 2018 Warriors went 7 games against the 65 win Houston team in the playoffs, that means the 2017 Warriors were also a beatable team.

I and many other posters laughed at this, but baller234 made a couple of awful arguments and is trying to pretzel his way around this topic.

Are the 2017 Warriors the same team as the 2018 Warriors?

Also, Full Court is banned for like the 7th time in 4 months. What a rat.

Banned

Default Re: Are the 2017 and 2018 Warriors the Same Team?

lol okay buddy.

if you're supposed to be the goat and you have kyrie irving and kevin love as teammates, you always have a chance. i don't care what team you're playing. same applies to having d-wade and chris bosh as teammates.

i couldn't imagine jordan in his prime having two all-star caliber teammates and his fans saying "i dunno guys that other team was just too good..."

They want to see MJ as some demi god that could not possibly be taken down by any team.

Reality is sometimes less exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    lol okay buddy.

if you're supposed to be the goat and you have kyrie irving and kevin love as teammates, you always have a chance. i don't care what team you're playing. same applies to having d-wade and chris bosh as teammates.

i couldn't imagine jordan in his prime having two all-star caliber teammates and his fans saying "i dunno guys that other team was just too good..."
    You said he should have been expected to win, not that he had a chance, which is two completely different arguments and borders on semantics. The fact he had a great Finals and still lost in 5 should tell you that was an extremely uphill battle for them to win.

I can assure you, had the Jazz run it back in '98 with Durant, which is literally what happened in 2017, the Bulls ain't winning

Baller hates LeBron cuz he’s a liberal. That’s all this is about.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    You said he should have been expected to win, not that he had a chance, which is two completely different arguments and borders on semantics. The fact he had a great Finals and still lost in 5 should tell you that was an extremely uphill battle for them to win.

I can assure you, had the Jazz run it back in '98 with Durant, which is literally what happened in 2017, the Bulls ain't winning
    Sloan is still getting out coached. Malone is still playing his worst ball when it matters most. Stockton is still too unselfish

Imagine adding Kevin Durant to the 1997 Utah Jazz and expecting Jordan and Co to beat them.

lol okay buddy.

Jordan in his prime lost to the Detroit Pistons 3 years in a row while the Pistons only had 1 player make the all-nba team those 3 years, a 3rd team all-nba selection Joe Dumars.

"if you're supposed to be the goat" ??

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

2017 Warriors would have beaten any team in history, including any of MJ's Bulls teams. I'll leave it at that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

you may be right about all of this. yes if the jazz added another top tier caliber scorer, they probably could have beaten the bulls. do the bulls get smoked 4-1? i don't know. personally i think the bulls still would have had a chance. they beat teams with multiple scorers before. the 93 suns were basically the warriors of their day. the bulls were always elite defensively, and the other team never had an answer for jordan.

fact is whenever lebron's teams fall short, according to you guys it is always a reflection of the roster and never a reflection of lebron. apparently lebron's only job is to fill the stat sheet and aim for a triple double. so long as he does that or comes close to doing that, he can never be responsible for his team losing.

fact of the matter is that lebron lost playing on great teams multiple times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Jordan in his prime lost to the Detroit Pistons 3 years in a row while the Pistons only had 1 player make the all-nba team those 3 years, a 3rd team all-nba selection Joe Dumars.

"if you're supposed to be the goat" ??
    if i am giving lebron a pass for the 07 finals, you should be able to give jordan a pass for playing a championship caliber pistons team with a rookie scottie pippen.

pippen wasn't even considered an all-star until 1990.

if i am giving lebron a pass for the 07 finals, you should be able to give jordan a pass for playing a championship caliber pistons team with a rookie scottie pippen.

pippen wasn't even considered an all-star until 1990.
    Of course I give him a pass for that, because I don't hold him to impossible standards like you do Bran. I was flipping the logic on you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Of course I give him a pass for that, because I don't hold him to impossible standards like you do Bran. I was flipping the logic on you.
    it's impossible to expect lebron to win when has a kyrive irving and kevin love as teammates?

what about d-wade and chris bosh?

Why couldn't Jordan as a 1st team all-nba beat the Pistons for 3 years when they had zero all-nba players for 2/3 of those years?

"if you're supposed to be the goat" you should be able to beat a team with no all-nba players during those years.

I can make up random expectations as well. It's not so fun is it?
    Last edited by 8Ball; 10-17-2023 at 10:25 AM.

2017 Warriors are much better and in strong contention to be the GOAT teams.

2018 Warriors are just a good team. I get when people rank them high because of the same core of players but they were a very clear step below.