Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default I would not have built these teams this way, but the Internet demands you choose one.

Default Re: I would not have built these teams this way, but the Internet demands you choose

I’m going with team three. Admittedly not with much conviction. I just feel like it’s a really tough mix of people to deal with at once.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: I would not have built these teams this way, but the Internet demands you choose

Team 1 because the whole roster is guys that can play at a high level on both ends. Can switch well and Paul and KG would have an easier time accepting a role than most other stars.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

four

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

In these hypotheticals the talent is so overwhelming, only chemistry and defense can be considered. Teams 1 and 4 are the most balanced in that regard.

Team 2 is the worst because give Lebron the ball and AI and Stockton are somewhat useless. And if you play off of Shaq, the other guys aren't great enough shooters to make you pay for collapsing.

Team 4 and Team 1 fit really well together. Everyone except Wade is a good shooter that can play off-ball. Ditto for Paul who will set up the other guys who play off-ball. Team 3 is good but Giannis is pretty useless off ball on offense and he won't see it much with Magic and MJ dominating. I also feel like Jokic and Dirk can be taken advantage of a bit on defense by the big men on other teams. But still with Magic and MJ this team probably gets great shots and Giannis can just focus on defense. It's really any team except Team 2 which has the talent but is very poorly constructed.

Team 2 though is easily the worst mix. Bad spacing and 3 guys who love to dribble. I could see team 3 winning on MJ and Magic together alone despite the awkward big man lineup with no small forward.

Banned

off the top without giving it too much thought, team 4.

looks like they have the most complementary peaces and everyone can fit comfortably into their role.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    In these hypotheticals the talent is so overwhelming, only chemistry and defense can be considered. Teams 1 and 4 are the most balanced in that regard.

I feel like magic dirk and Jokic would require truly overwhelming idiocy in the other two positions for the team as a whole to not have incredible chemistry. I certainly don’t see Giannis or Jordan doing anything to ruin it.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I feel like magic dirk and Jokic would require truly overwhelming idiocy in the other two positions for the team as a whole to not have incredible chemistry. I certainly don’t see Giannis or Jordan doing anything to ruin it.
    What era?

Teams two and three don't have enough three point shooting.

Four "only" has Curry and Bird.

Team one by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It's honestly a total crapshoot if they were to play each other. Any team could potentially win at any time. There's no way to predict it. Learned that through fantasy football and gambling. Any day could be a win or loss no matter how much research or Intel you have on your side. These superstar matches only make it more unpredictable.

I don’t like the setup of team 3 at all, you’d be playing Dirk at the 3? Way too many chefs in the kitchen on this one.

Team 2 is a terrible fit with LeBron/Duncan/Shaq in the frontcourt, and Iverson is just absolutely atrocious in lineups like these.

It def comes down to either 1 or 4, and while I’m not a fan of Malone on this team, the rest of the lineup is absolutely nasty.

National High School Star

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Team 1 because the whole roster is guys that can play at a high level on both ends. Can switch well and Paul and KG would have an easier time accepting a role than most other stars.
    I don't agree with this in regards to their opponent being #3

Paul on Magic is not a good matchup. Very exploitable.

Same if you put him on the best offensive player ever, MJ. Paul in his prime is terrific guarding point guards, but he's a liability when he has to matchup up the likes of those two.

Team #3 has the best PG and SG of all time. Jokic is the most efficient Center ever. It's just a whole lot of fire power with two stretch bigs. It just fits.

By the way, Giannis is the best screen and roller in basketball as far as analysts go. His non shooting is a no issue when you can use him in this regard on this particular team.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It's honestly a total crapshoot if they were to play each other. Any team could potentially win at any time. There's no way to predict it. Learned that through fantasy football and gambling. Any day could be a win or loss no matter how much research or Intel you have on your side. These superstar matches only make it more unpredictable.
    well, sure, in the real world, I would expect the worst of them to win 78 games and possibly sweep the playoffs depending on the injury and load management situation throughout the year. Whoever the worst team is could still beat the best one. I’m just saying magic, Jokic, and Dirk set a pretty high standard far as generating chemistry.