Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Victor Wembanyama 19 points and 5 blocks in 21 minutes vs. GSW final preseason game

Some of those blocks were crazy. Looking like a 7'5" Anthony Davis with an 8' wingspan. His closing speed and defensive radius are insane.

Default Re: Victor Wembanyama 19 points and 5 blocks in 21 minutes vs. GSW final preseason ga

The starting lineup of Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, Jeremy Sochan, Victor Wembanyama, and Zach Collins is looking real nice. Comfortably beat GSW's near full-strength lineup of Curry, Paul, Klay, Wiggins, and Looney.

Default Re: Victor Wembanyama 19 points and 5 blocks in 21 minutes vs. GSW final preseason ga

Dude should eventually be the goat. Be interesting to see if he gets there

Victor's stats through four preseason games:

- 20.8 minutes per game
    - 19.3 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.0 spg, 2.8 bpg, 2.8 tov
    - 50.9 FG%, 31.8 3P%, 85.7 FT%, +40

His per 36 stats when translated:

33.4 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.7 spg, 4.9 bpg, 4.9 tov

Thanks I'm still ballin

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The number of jumpers he blocks is crazy. He’s out there routinely blocking threes. He’s one of the only guys who doesn’t close out to contest. He closes out and erases that shit. It’s not inconceivable he could win the defensive player of the year as a rookie.

Very good NBA starter

He does look very promising for sure.

I think he's an even better shotblocker than Porzingis, just because he is even taller and a lot more explosive.

Imo, he's still in that Porzingis+ category until I see him succeed in a full season against real defense and being bullied in the paint. People act as if being compared to Porzingis is bad, Zingis had like 30 games with Knicks where he looked like an MVP candidate.

Only 8.3 rebounds pr. 36 in the preseason does suggest he will struggle with that. And his offense doesn't look great yet. He'll get a lot of easy buckets, but I don't like his shot selection. He really should work on a post hook.

He's defininitely an exciting player though, will for sure have to watch some Spurs games this season.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    He does look very promising for sure.

I think he's an even better shotblocker than Porzingis, just because he is even taller and a lot more explosive.

Imo, he's still in that Porzingis+ category until I see him succeed in a full season against real defense and being bullied in the paint. People act as if being compared to Porzingis is bad, Zingis had like 30 games with Knicks where he looked like an MVP candidate.

Only 8.3 rebounds pr. 36 in the preseason does suggest he will struggle with that. And his offense doesn't look great yet. He'll get a lot of easy buckets, but I don't like his shot selection. He really should work on a post hook.

He's defininitely an exciting player though, will for sure have to watch some Spurs games this season.
    Hes “promising”….

Could you be reaching any further down for a description?

Youre pretty far down the path of being one of those career haters who actively roots for the NBA to be worse by having some great prospect get injured or something so he doesn’t live up to the hype so the years of downplaying them doesn’t get you clowned. That’s just the worst kind of fan to be. you get so far down the rabbit hole the only thing that can save you is something that’s bad for all of basketball. You basically get forced to root for disaster.

The signs are all there. The initial total dismissal:

This guy struggles to score 10 points in the french league lol.

Porzingis at least averaged 10 points in the much superior spanish league.

He gonna be a worse Porzingis.
    To the begrudging acknowledgment of likely success where you started saying he was basically Zingis instead of a worse one.

Now you have moved on to Porzingis+.

Whats next? Porzingis squared?

It was just months ago you were talking about hes too weak and slow for just the French league. Let this go now. Don’t have us reading 15 years of this bullshit. If something happens something happens, but don’t get so established as his primary hater, you find yourself subconsciously rooting for what seems like a nice kid to suffer a catastrophe so you get to talk about you being right. Just let the kid grow and see what he’s got. The world is much better when hype is reached or eclipsed. Don’t find yourself being one of those idiots who perks up at bad news and bad basketball because you get to run to the internet to roll around in the tears of fans who want good things to happen and good ball to be played.

The world doesn’t need more of those guys.

The warriors looked helpless with their undersized roster all of a sudden.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Hes “promising”….

Could you be reaching any further down for a description?

Youre pretty far down the path of being one of those career haters who actively roots for the NBA to be worse by having some great prospect get injured or something so he doesn’t live up to the hype so the years of downplaying them doesn’t get you clowned. That’s just the worst kind of fan to be. you get so far down the rabbit hole the only thing that can save you is something that’s bad for all of basketball. You basically get forced to root for disaster.

The signs are all there. The initial total dismissal:

To the begrudging acknowledgment of likely success where you started saying he was basically Zingis instead of a worse one.

Now you have moved on to Porzingis+.

Whats next? Porzingis[FONT=Google Sans, Roboto, Helvetica Neue, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#1f1f1f] squared?

It was just months ago you were talking about hes too weak and slow for just the French league. Let this go now. Don’t have us reading 15 years of this bullshit. If something happens something happens, but don’t get so established as his primary hater, you find yourself subconsciously rooting for what seems like a nice kid to suffer a catastrophe so you get to talk about you being right. Just let the kid grow and see what he’s got. The world is much better when hype is reached or eclipsed. Don’t find yourself being one of those idiots who perks up at bad news and bad basketball because you get to run to the internet to roll around in the tears of fans who want good things to happen and good ball to be played.

The world doesn’t need more of those guys.[/COLOR]
    [/FONT]
    Exactly.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Imagine a DPOY race between rookie Wemby and Chet

If you're shooting or laying it up anyone near him, you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Imagine a DPOY race between rookie Wemby and Chet
    aww chet, that sounds tight

Christ

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Christ

Wow.

Wemby > baldan