Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I’m guessing this Dwight Howard story won’t make it to the media either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    You absolutely cannot prove there is a God through any formula. And if you could prove, there was a God, you ruin the whole concept of faith. People choose to believe. If they knew for a fact, it wouldn’t be faith. It would be Math.

Whole thing is an amusingly covered in a number of Constantine adaptions. A guy can see demons and Angels so he believes in God entirely, but he’s still going to hell. He can’t really have faith in what he knows. It’s just knowledge which is a whole other thing.
    You can but not in the old guy with a white beard in the sky sense. It's much deeper than that.

Default Re: I’m guessing this Dwight Howard story won’t make it to the media either.

If god knows everything he knew there would be gay people. If he knew and chose not to prevent it he can’t be that bothered. If he knew and couldn’t prevent it he isnt all powerful.

The whole concept is best left out of it. Gay people exist. Is what it is. But they should have the same standards others are held to in these situations.
    You are a complete ignorant since you have no idea in what world you live in. Of course he knew, that's why we have a guide to free us from this evil world. The BIBLE.

Everything happening in this world has been predicted in the scriptures. Go and read maybe you will be saved.

Billy Carson explains it perfectly if you have 60 seconds. (he's African American guy)

https://youtube.com/shorts/lWu-KkUD2...MD8Q7kU-ZngBTj

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    You can but not in the old guy with a white beard in the sky sense. It's much deeper than that.
    No. You simply cannot. You can convince yourself and others but you can’t prove it. Nothing about the origin of the universe can be proven. Every single explanation is ridiculous.

The big bang isn’t even the origin of existence, because it begins with an unfathomable amount of matter which has no origin. We know the universe is expanding. That you actually can prove. But if the universe is expanding, what do we call the area its expanding into? if there’s something outside the universe the. the universe isn’t all there is.

God in whatever form we choose to define it being the origin absolutely doesn’t make sense either because that leaves you with two options. God itself having an origin or saying it always existed without origin. One option means isnt God and the other is just an easy copout to wrap our small brains around because we aren’t comfortable saying we don’t know. It isn’t compatible with faith.

these are questions with no answer, and the only people convinced they have the answer or the faithful, who, by definition, can’t really know….. because knowing you’re correct, leaves no room for faith. You can believe the **** out of it but if you know it, you know it.

It’s all just belief. Being religious requires a belief in what you will never know to be true or false. Theory is more like taking what we know and making assumptions. Neither one of them gets you an answer. Searching for the answer is a perfectly noble calls, but nobody is going to get it.

People think that if they die and move on to some other plane of existence in spiritual form, that proves something. It really wouldn’t. You might be surprised to learn I actually believe in an afterlife largely because of a personal incident.

But there being a universe beyond what we can perceive, as we are still doesn’t explain the origin of it all.

There is no explanation. There will never be an explanation. We should not be here because nothing can be without an origin yet yet every origin has an origin. It is a paradox. We are far too small to understand it. We all just believe what we believe.

I about drove myself and my Sunday school teachers crazy trying to talk these things through rationally decades ago. There is no rational answer to any of this. Just think what you want so long as you don’t try to make me think it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    You are a complete ignorant since you have no idea in what world you live in. Of course he knew, that's why we have a guide to free us from this evil world. The BIBLE.

Everything happening in this world has been predicted in the scriptures. Go and read maybe you will be saved.
    my grandma was a Sunday school teacher. My father was a minister before he finished puberty. I’ve read the Bible. I’ve read the Bible and had people attempt to teach it. There is a book of Mormon somewhere in my house. There was a Quran somewhere. I’ve read what a lot of people from many places think about a lot of things. No matter how hard they believe it. We still weren’t talking about facts when we go big picture.

your heartfelt beliefs means no more to me than the heartfelt beliefs of Native Americans 600 years ago.

Everyone thinks something. Usually what your local customs insist you believe or be ridiculed.

It’s all the same to me. I respect your right to believe it right up to the point you need me to believe it as well.

You might be surprised to learn I actually believe in an afterlife largely because of a personal incident.
    Was it the dream you had where you were in spirit form and flying around in another dimension? All I'm saying is what you do, say, and think determines where you go... to a lower or higher vibrational plane. God is just the process of it all in one easy word.

No. You simply cannot. You can convince yourself and others but you can’t prove it. Nothing about the origin of the universe can be proven. Every single explanation is ridiculous.

The big bang isn’t even the origin of existence, because it begins with an unfathomable amount of matter which has no origin. We know the universe is expanding. That you actually can prove. But if the universe is expanding, what do we call the area its expanding into? if there’s something outside the universe the. the universe isn’t all there is.

God in whatever form we choose to define it being the origin absolutely doesn’t make sense either because that leaves you with two options. God itself having an origin or saying it always existed without origin. One option means isnt God and the other is just an easy copout to wrap our small brains around because we aren’t comfortable saying we don’t know. It isn’t compatible with faith.

these are questions with no answer, and the only people convinced they have the answer or the faithful, who, by definition, can’t really know….. because knowing you’re correct, leaves no room for faith. You can believe the **** out of it but if you know it, you know it.

It’s all just belief. Being religious requires a belief in what you will never know to be true or false. Theory is more like taking what we know and making assumptions. Neither one of them gets you an answer. Searching for the answer is a perfectly noble calls, but nobody is going to get it.

People think that if they die and move on to some other plane of existence in spiritual form, that proves something. It really wouldn’t. You might be surprised to learn I actually believe in an afterlife largely because of a personal incident.

But there being a universe beyond what we can perceive, as we are still doesn’t explain the origin of it all.

There is no explanation. There will never be an explanation. We should not be here because nothing can be without an origin yet yet every origin has an origin. It is a paradox. We are far too small to understand it. We all just believe what we believe.

I about drove myself and my Sunday school teachers crazy trying to talk these things through rationally decades ago. There is no rational answer to any of this. Just think what you want so long as you don’t try to make me think it as well.
    It's not just about origin or final destination. Those things don't even exist outside our frame of reference. Everything exists at once. God isn't an origin, it's the process by which everything works simultaneously.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post

Being guided by some ancient stories

Was it the dream you had where you were in spirit form and flying around in another dimension? All I'm saying is what you do, say, and think determines where you go... to a lower or higher vibrational plane. God is just the process of it all in one easy word.

no, that was recent. And yes, I woke up feeling like I had met whatever God is and failed spectacularly when it was trying to show me the big picture. I literally had a tear in my eye in bed. I still feel like it was a little judgemental but it was likely just an incredibly vivid dream.

I started believing in ghosts or whatever you want to call it when my grandfather died, and we decided as a family not to tell his only living sister. She had a very bad heart and was in a nursing home. We planned to just say he was busy elsewhere for as long as we could till we figured out how to deliver the news.

We got there and instead of being sullen as usual(she hated being in the home but needed constant care) she was upbeat and told us why. Her brothers had come to see her. All 3 were now dead and she didn’t know about the last one. She said they all came and sat with her and said she would be with them soon.

We just had a glance or two around the room and changed the subject.

That was a Sunday.

She died Tuesday.

Me, my mom and my brother have been ****ed up about it ever since though my grandma didn’t really acknowledge it even as it happened and never really acknowledged it later.

She was like…glowing…happy she saw her family. And was gone after that.

My mom also had an out of body experience giving birth to me when she “died” briefly due to blood loss.

I’ve heard too many stories from people I don’t think are lying to me to dismiss the idea there is more than we can see.

That doesn’t mean the universe has a mythological origin though.

All that is just our small minds trying to come to grip with what we can’t understand mixed with thousands of years of war and religious politicians forcing people to believe what they believe.

Whatever the truth is it isn’t in some book humans wrote and/or edited the content of to fit their needs.

no, that was recent. And yes, I woke up feeling like I had met whatever God is and failed spectacularly when it was trying to show me the big picture. I literally had a tear in my eye in bed. I still feel like it was a little judgemental but it was likely just an incredibly vivid dream.

I started believing in ghosts or whatever you want to call it when my grandfather died, and we decided as a family not to tell his only living sister. She had a very bad heart and was in a nursing home. We planned to just say he was busy elsewhere for as long as we could till we figured out how to deliver the news.

We got there and instead of being sullen as usual(she hated being in the home but needed constant care) she was upbeat and told us why. Her brothers had come to see her. All 3 were now dead and she didn’t know about the last one. She said they all came and sat with her and said she would be with them soon.

We just had a glance or two around the room and changed the subject.

That was a Sunday.

She died Tuesday.

Me, my mom and my brother have been ****ed up about it ever since though my grandma didn’t really acknowledge it even as it happened and never really acknowledged it later.

She was like…glowing…happy she saw her family. And was gone after that.

My mom also had an out of body experience giving birth to me when she “died” briefly due to blood loss.

I’ve heard too many stories from people I don’t think are lying to me to dismiss the idea there is more than we can see.

That doesn’t mean the universe has a mythological origin though.

All that is just our small minds trying to come to grip with what we can’t understand mixed with thousands of years of war and religious politicians forcing people to believe what they believe.

Whatever the truth is it isn’t in some book humans wrote and/or edited the content of to fit their needs.

Yup... the NDE channel on youtube says the same thing. Right before people die, as their soul or light energy or whatever you want to call it exits the body, they see those they loved before they pop out of their physical shell. And going from an extremely myopic physical form while in severe pain back to the much more connected spiritual realm feels like a love and peace that can't be described here which is why your auntie was glowing and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Being guided by some ancient stories
    You are literally a Mormon so don't even talk on what are 'phony stories'

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    Not everyone in Utah is a mormon just like not everyone on ISH is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    He's Chinese. They're more programmed than the rest of us. Not all, but most.

He's Chinese. They're more programmed than the rest of us.
    Not everyone with a Chinese name is Chinese either

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Not everyone with a Chinese name is Chinese either
    Asian whatever... yall are much more obedient and plugged into the matrix. Smart, but willingly docile.