View Poll Results: How long will it take Wemby to be the best player in the league?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • February

2 18.18%
  • Next year

1 9.09%
  • 3 years

2 18.18%
  • 5 years

1 9.09%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • Never, but he'll be close

1 9.09%
  • Never, you're an idiot

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Default Is it a LOCK for Wemby to go down as the GOAT?

I mean seriously, baring injuries, how long will it take him to be the best player in the league? February? Next year? 3 years? 5 years?

How long does it take to make a rule change to limit him?

I've been around for the Lebron hype train and I thought Lebron had so much potential to the point where I thought he was going to be the GOAT.

Wemby has even more potential and I think he is going to break basketball and at the very least change the way the NBA is played even moreso than Curry.

Literally What the absolute f*ck is this play?

Not impressed, how about a legit video game glitch in real life?

Default Re: Is it a LOCK for Wemby to go down as the GOAT?

yeah but can he shoot?

how about midrange?

defense?

rebounding?

motor?

Seriously watch these highlights https://youtu.be/07WGstnUzCA?list=TL...MjM7TW9YBz3ogg

Wembanyama is so raw yet he already has a larger skillset than 90% of nba players

He is also only 19 and already has years of professional experience

what players is he a combo of? Giannis, Kd and Porzingis?

So how about it? Is this the greatest preseason reaction of all time? or is Wemby the future GOAT?
    Last edited by TheGreatDeraj; 10-24-2023 at 06:39 PM.

kid is incredible

will be fun watching him destroy league

Jesus Christ, this is the kind of shit that's going to set this kid up for endless ridicule unless he legitimately becomes a top 20 player ever. Let's see him play a regular season game first before anointing him the greatest player of all time.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Absolute freak a zoid

He looks very promising so far in preseason. And maybe he will be the second greatest after Lebron. Anything is possible.

But players end up judged by how they perform in the postseason, and obviously it's gonna be a while before Wemby even gets that opportunity. Things like nerves, toughness, adaptability play a much bigger role at that point than they do in the regular season, let alone the preseason. You cant judge what kind of an impact a guy is going to have when it matters based on him whoopin it up in the preseason. Theres been way too many examples of threads exactly like this turning out to be far too premature.

Youre literally talking about being the greatest player to ever play basketball, and then trying to predict that based on rookie preseason games. The safe bet by default is that he will NOT become even the second GOAT after Lebron (Absolute GOAT is off limits anyway).

It could happen but calling it a 'LOCK' is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    kid is incredible

will be fun watching him destroy league
    Indeed, haven't been this excited for NBA future in a while

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Jesus Christ, this is the kind of shit that's going to set this kid up for endless ridicule unless he legitimately becomes a top 20 player ever. Let's see him play a regular season game first before anointing him the greatest player of all time.
    Well yeah, I mean if someone doesn't live up to the realistic hype then yeah they'll be ridiculed. Do you think his hype is overrated and not realistic? Where do you see his potential? I wanted to make this thread before the season starts to see where people had his future/potential before his career really starts.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Absolute freak a zoid
    who? me or wemby

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    He looks very promising so far in preseason. And maybe he will be the second greatest after Lebron. Anything is possible.

But players end up judged by how they perform in the postseason, and obviously it's gonna be a while before Wemby even gets that opportunity. Things like nerves, toughness, adaptability play a much bigger role at that point than they do in the regular season, let alone the preseason. You cant judge what kind of an impact a guy is going to have when it matters based on him whoopin it up in the preseason. Theres been way too many examples of threads exactly like this turning out to be far too premature.

Youre literally talking about being the greatest player to ever play basketball, and then trying to predict that based on rookie preseason games. The safe bet by default is that he will NOT become even the second GOAT after Lebron (Absolute GOAT is off limits anyway).

It could happen but calling it a 'LOCK' is absurd.
    Good point on postseason, I agree. Hopefully, we'll see that sooner than later. With his history of playing professional ball at a young age I don't think nerves will be a problem, but we'll find out.

Yes I am talking about the GOAT because based on the skillset at his size that should be his potential. Baring injuries and if he reaches potential will that be the greatest basketball player we've ever seen?

Banned

Let's wait till he plays his first regular season game before calling him a "lock."

I don't know anything about him as a person, but if he's a good dude, I hope he makes it. We've had a consensus GOAT for 30 years now, it's bound to be time for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Absolute freak a zoid
    Robots please report to the dance floor

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post

It’s the kinda shit used against you when you have nothing to do with it. One of the worst aspects of sports fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj View Post
    yeah but can he shoot?

how about midrange?

defense?

rebounding?

motor?

Seriously watch these highlights https://youtu.be/07WGstnUzCA?list=TL...MjM7TW9YBz3ogg

Wembanyama is so raw yet he already has a larger skillset than 90% of nba players

He is also only 19 and already has years of professional experience

what players is he a combo of? Giannis, Kd and Porzingis?

So how about it? Is this the greatest preseason reaction of all time? or is Wemby the future GOAT?
    Because he's the only man capable of doing those things? Get outta here

It's not a lock at all. Wtf.

He hasn't proven anything in the NBA. Hasn't even played a regular season game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld View Post
    Because he's the only man capable of doing those things? Get outta here
    He absolutely is the only person capable of doing some of the things he does.

Locked in to become better than baldan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    It’s the kinda shit used against you when you have nothing to do with it. One of the worst aspects of sports fans.
    Sucks that you feel that way, was hoping to get your opinion. I know you've watched a lot of basketball going back further than me and personally I've never seen anyone with this much potential. Not trying to say anyone should personally hate the guy if he doesn't reach potential, but I can't say I won't be dissapointed. I find thinking about the future of the NBA and trying to predict how prospects will turn out then watching how it really folds out to be a pretty fun part of being a sports fan.