Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So Austin Reaves is now coming off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    we love reaves because he's a high IQ guy that can handle the ball and make plays

rondo used to be that guy and thats why lebron loved playing with him and now reaves is that guy
    Yeah Reaves is basically a homeless man’s Lebron, which is why it makes sense to bring him off the bench on a team that already has actual Lebron.

Considering his age, some impressive performances last year, and his run with Team USA this summer I think it was reasonable to expect him to become a big time guy this year. Which he hasnt really done altho he’s still one of the more useful guys to have on the court if their shot isnt falling, because of his general game savvy and his chemistry with LeAlpha. He’s a guy whose value is a little above whatever his numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yeah Reaves is basically a homeless man’s Lebron, which is why it makes sense to bring him off the bench on a team that already has actual Lebron.

Considering his age, some impressive performances last year, and his run with Team USA this summer I think it was reasonable to expect him to become a big time guy this year. Which he hasnt really done altho he’s still one of the more useful guys to have on the court if their shot isnt falling, because of his general game savvy and his chemistry with LeAlpha. He’s a guy whose value is a little above whatever his numbers are.
    he's the secret weapon

when they took out the warriors second round last year he didnt hit a shot in the beginning of the series because he didnt have legs running around chasing curry and their perimeter guys

by the end of the series he was taking them apart with his playmaking just like lebron

when they have lebron and AD and reaves plus their veteran wing guys rui/prince/reddish on the court - thats a gritty squad of hoopers

they can win the ring

the nuggets out-executed the lakers at the end of games and were the better team a few months ago but the lakers were right there with the best team in the league and would have beaten either ECF team

thats despite a nightmare season

the lakers are going to be the team this year that no one in the west wants to play

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The possibly third best player on an average team is not going to make allstar.
    he probably isn't even third best

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    he probably isn't even third best
    He might be second best behind AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There was never a reason to talk about this guy at the rate people on here do. He’s a good young player. There are a lot of them. Most just don’t play next to Lebron and get caught up in that troll/hater back and forth bullshit.
    Hilarious. Bunch of bad gms here. Would’ve paid Reaves $20+mil per year too.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Hilarious. Bunch of bad gms here. Would’ve paid Reaves $20+mil per year too.
    Is 20M supposed to be some kind of huge commitment in this day and age?

Evan Fournier makes 18M. So does Tim Hardaway Jr.

Reaves is, uhh, probably gonna eclipse those guys.

Given his age and the potential he showed at times last year, 12M is a steal. In this league guys have gotten near max contracts in similar circumstances. Take away Lebron and AD’s touches, you dont think Reaves could make “Timberwolves Andrew Wiggins Impact” for a shitty team? Guys get max deals for doing that.

Youre blowing your load way too early in a rush to validate a position. Youre using a 9 game sample size to make a judgement about a four year contract .

Altho weve seen this movie before.

“Hey Cavs fans, this is how you make a big move.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    There was never a reason to talk about this guy at the rate people on here do. He’s a good young player. There are a lot of them. Most just don’t play next to Lebron and get caught up in that troll/hater back and forth bullshit.
    He averaged 18/3/6 73%TS post-ASB last year (with Bron out for a lot of it) & 17/4/5 62%TS in the Playoffs. Not only did was he efficient on a consistent basis but he also won us a lot of games in crunch time. There aren't that many players who can do what he does. They benched him because of fit, not because he's not better than Dlo. The bench needed a spark and it allows him to play his game more. He's easily the 3rd best player on the squad. Putting him in a Manu type role where he plays 25-30+ minutes off the bench & closes games isn't a knock on him, it just helps the team more.

Is 20M supposed to be some kind of huge commitment in this day and age?

Evan Fournier makes 18M. So does Tim Hardaway Jr.

Reaves is, uhh, probably gonna eclipse those guys.

Given his age and the potential he showed at times last year, 12M is a steal. In this league guys have gotten near max contracts in similar circumstances. Take away Lebron and AD’s touches, you dont think Reaves could make “Timberwolves Andrew Wiggins Impact” for a shitty team? Guys get max deals for doing that.

Youre blowing your load way too early in a rush to validate a position. Youre using a 9 game sample size to make a judgement about a four year contract .

Altho weve seen this movie before.

“Hey Cavs fans, this is how you make a big move.”
    The irony in you saying “sample size” is hilarious. That was my entire argument in the thread where folks said Reaves was underpaid/got a cheap deal. When I expressed his sample size given age, what he actually did in the NBA is par for the course for what he was paid! Now fast forward he’s not having the start or picking up where he left off when he had a ton of Reaves fans. And I’m being told relax, sample size? Lol and I have nothing against the player. I have everything against the logic some here possess when they catch a boner over a player and run to ridiculous nonsense. The guys you mentioned have done ENOUGH to warrant the payday. Yanno “sample size”. So for you to mention them and make a weird argument as to say Reaves will eclipses them ia hilarious. Call me when he does it? Then I’ll get on board. Until then stfu with your bad gm take. Reaves got paid good for a guy at his age and experience. Stop letting your boners dictate the pay. Prostitute would love you bozos.

Like I can’t stop laughing at “blowing your load to validate your position” when that’s what you Austin Reaves fanboys have done hahaha “12mil is a steal rofflecopters omfg”.

Keep the comedy rolling…

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    The irony in you saying “sample size” is hilarious. That was my entire argument in the thread where folks said Reaves was underpaid/got a cheap deal. When I expressed his sample size given age, what he actually did in the NBA is par for the course for what he was paid! Now fast forward he’s not having the start or picking up where he left off when he had a ton of Reaves fans. And I’m being told relax, sample size? Lol and I have nothing against the player. I have everything against the logic some here possess when they catch a boner over a player and run to ridiculous nonsense. The guys you mentioned have done ENOUGH to warrant the payday. Yanno “sample size”. So for you to mention them and make a weird argument as to say Reaves will eclipses them ia hilarious. Call me when he does it? Then I’ll get on board. Until then stfu with your bad gm take. Reaves got paid good for a guy at his age and experience. Stop letting your boners dictate the pay. Prostitute would love you bozos.

Like I can’t stop laughing at “blowing your load to validate your position” when that’s what you Austin Reaves fanboys have done hahaha “12mil is a steal rofflecopters omfg”.

Keep the comedy rollingÂ…
    I honestly dont even know who you guys are referring to that’s been suggesting Reaves was a future top tier 1st team elite player or anything or the sort. Certainly wasnt me, and I dont even recall others saying it.

I just think it’s weird you see Reaves getting “Evan Fournier money” as some kind of laughable misstep the Lakers would have made. He’s clearly gonna be a good player despite a recent shooting slump. And the sample size of two months plus a playoff run last year plus a strong FIBA performance this summer is clearly more significant than the 9 game start to the season youre trumpeting.

Youre box score watching a guy and salivating at the chance to declare him overrated due to a shooting slump (not even bad overall play just some off shooting nights) across nine games.

ItÂ’s just a weird prisoner of the moment rush to flex. In a year from now you will most likely be ducking this thread like the plague.

I honestly dont even know who you guys are referring to that’s been suggesting Reaves was a future top tier 1st team elite player or anything or the sort. Certainly wasnt me, and I dont even recall others saying it.

I just think it’s weird you see Reaves getting “Evan Fournier money” as some kind of laughable misstep the Lakers would have made. He’s clearly gonna be a good player despite a recent shooting slump. And the sample size of two months plus a playoff run last year plus a strong FIBA performance this summer is clearly more significant than the 9 game start to the season youre trumpeting.

Youre box score watching a guy and salivating at the chance to declare him overrated due to a shooting slump (not even bad overall play just some off shooting nights) across nine games.

ItÂ’s just a weird prisoner of the moment rush to flex. In a year from now you will most likely be ducking this thread like the plague.
    Declare him overrated? You’re making up things. When all you could do is head to the thread tittles Dillion Brooks for this and Reaves got that for my stance. I made a comment they when he got paid it was a FAIR deal given the guy has a small sample size to be rewarded way more bucks than he received. That’s a fact. Last season he was 24yrs old and caught a fan base mainly due to him being WHITE. And some wanting a white hooper who can ball to be their guy. I myself don’t care if you’re black white or Naruto. Zero relevance with my position. A guy 24yrs old having a solid year nothing more nothing less was rewarded a fair deal. He was given a thanks now let’s see if you outperform it deal. Others in the thread I cited and BUMPED said otherwise. Did you reply to that thread? Let me check. If you did and you typed this? Yiiiiiiikes. If you didn’t? Then cool. This is ISH where knee jerk reactions take place. Funny part is he’s a solid player. No issue with his game. But his fans are moronic when i said he was given a fair deal where they felt he should’ve got more and somehow his deal is a “steal”.

This thread will be around next year 2024. See you there bud

Oh and you keep referring to the 8gm sample size. When Reaves sample size of getting more than he was offered was NO DIFFERENT. You the idiot want the guy to be paid MORE than what he got having done NOT ENOUGH to warrant such a deal? The irony here. You’re basically proving my point here kid. Thank you.

This AR-15 hate is weird af. He had a whole post-ASB run in the RS (with Lebron injured) + 3 rounds of the Playoffs, where he balled out consistently. 6 bad RS games in a 10-game stretch means **** all for a player of his tier. 12-14 mil a year is barely starter-level money in this NBA market. Even if he's slightly worse and never replicates what he did in the POs last year it's a good signing.

People here are treating this like he got the Jordan Poole bag and completely fell off. Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    This AR-15 hate is weird af. He had a whole post-ASB run in the RS (with Lebron injured) + 3 rounds of the Playoffs, where he balled out consistently. 6 bad RS games in a 10-game stretch means **** all for a player of his tier. 12-14 mil a year is barely starter-level money in this NBA market. Even if he's slightly worse and never replicates what he did in the POs last year it's a good signing.

People here are treating this like he got the Jordan Poole bag and completely fell off. Smh.
    People don't have a problem with Reaves perse, it's more of the ridiculous over the top hype he got over the off season. People honestly tried to argue he has all star potential

He is a great role player and there isn't anything wrong with that. He is great in his role.