Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Harden

Default I Hate Harden

Never had 1 great playoff series.
    Quit his way out of 3 teams in 3 years, demanding trades each and every time.
    Foul merchant during his prime.
    Took workout lessons from Shaq during the offseason, always out of shape.
    I am sure the Clippers will work their way out of this and get better but I am enjoying the losses so far.

That is all.

Default Re: I Hate Harden

you should watch dallas games then, i hear they have a broadcaster that loves to meltdown about harden more than calling the mavs games.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    you should watch dallas games then, i hear they have a broadcaster that loves to meltdown about harden more than calling the mavs games.
    It was music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Never had 1 great playoff series.
    He's had a lot of blunders but to say he's never had 1 great playoff series is really reaching

with the Thunder:
    2012 1st round vs Mavs: 18/5/4 on 50%
    2012 WCF vs Spurs: 18/5/4 on 49%

with the Rockets:
    2015 1st round vs Mavs: 28/8/4 on 47%
    2015 WCF vs Warriors: 28/8/6 on 47%
    2017 1st round vs Thunder: 33/7/6/2 on 42%
    2019 2nd round vs Warriors: 35/7/6/2 on 45%
    2020 1st round vs Thunder: 30/8/6/2 on 47%
    2020 2nd round vs Lakers: 29/7/5/ on 50%

He's had a lot of good games in the playoffs outside of those series too (ex: 41 pts on 58% vs Warriors in game 1 of the 2018 WCF) but he always had 1-3 games where he shot under 40% or 30% which hurt his overall averages for the series. His problem in the playoffs was always inconsistency and not stepping up in pressure situations.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Welcome to the club.

The last time Harden was a useful player for anything else than his own purpose is when he was with OKC. Even then I didn't like the guy but what he became afterwards is something I find THE most unwatchable brand of basketball ever. Effective? To a point. Not really effective. Effective enough (sadly) for him to be able to continue. Giannis is boring, sure. But he fights and IS effective. Not a nuisance as a person by any means. There are many players very hard on the eye. Many who are not likable. But Harden is all this at once. I rarely talk about him, almost never. I rarely talk about guys whose games are boring to me or whom I don't like. But Harden is almost everything that is wrong with US basketball and almost nothing that is great about US basketball.

Psshhh, bandwagoners.

I was hating Harden BEFORE it was cool

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Welcome to the club.

The last time Harden was a useful player for anything else than his own purpose is when he was with OKC. Even then I didn't like the guy but what he became afterwards is something I find THE most unwatchable brand of basketball ever. Effective? To a point. Not really effective. Effective enough (sadly) for him to be able to continue. Giannis is boring, sure. But he fights and IS effective. Not a nuisance as a person by any means. There are many players very hard on the eye. Many who are not likable. But Harden is all this at once. I rarely talk about him, almost never. I rarely talk about guys whose games are boring to me or whom I don't like. But Harden is almost everything that is wrong with US basketball and almost nothing that is great about US basketball.

He was the best player that almost took out the Warriors with KD. That is a feather in his cap and certainly counts as "something"

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Psshhh, bandwagoners.

I was hating Harden BEFORE it was cool
    Same. Way before.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    He was the best player that almost took out the Warriors with KD. That is a feather in his cap and certainly counts as "something"
    He is not a 'bad' basketball player, especially given the application of the rules. He is not great either. Not bad though. The brand of basketball he plays is awful and on top of it, boring. But he is the best player I've seen playing in such a boring manner an originally beautiful but hacked and raped version of the game.

Took me awhile to get onboard of the James club but I’m here. Never too late to join James is a talented stooge. Such a loser

I once didn't like him but it's all entertaining as hell + the Clippers look like the most desperate team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    He's had a lot of blunders but to say he's never had 1 great playoff series is really reaching

with the Thunder:

with the Rockets:

He's had a lot of good games in the playoffs outside of those series too (ex: 41 pts on 58% vs Warriors in game 1 of the 2018 WCF) but he always had 1-3 games where he shot under 40% or 30% which hurt his overall averages for the series. His problem in the playoffs was always inconsistency and not stepping up in pressure situations.
    When you average out those games it looks like he had great series. But he never really did when you look at the game logs.

2015 WCF: Game 3 already down 0-2 he goes 3-16 for 17 points and loses.
    Game 5 he went 2-11 for 14 points in the closeout.

You also listed him playing well in the 1st round which I don't really count. The stakes and opponents aren't high enough to call it a "great series".

He had a chance to really shape his image in 2018 against those Warriors but unfortunately in game 7 he just started bricking 3s nonstop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post

with the Thunder:

with the Rockets:

True. Thanks for educated OP. He doesn't know much about basketball.

Harden's record in elimination games is really horrible. I don't have the stats but I know they aren't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Harden's record in elimination games is really horrible. I don't have the stats but I know they aren't pretty.
    Stat muse: James Harden has averaged 22.8 points, 5.9 assists and 5.3 rebounds in 23 games in elimination games in his career on 42%.

Its bad.