Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Harden

Default Re: I Hate Harden

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Posted with zero sense of irony. That's why he was voted dumbest on ISH, folks.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    He was the best player that almost took out the Warriors with KD. That is a feather in his cap and certainly counts as "something"
    That’s the thing: people hardly even acknowledge that despite that it almost tipped the scales for his legacy. Beating the Warriors would have effectively won him the title that year: the Rockets clearly would have cakewalked over the Cavs in the Finals. Yet, many seem to feel prime Harden wasn’t a championship-level superstar.

It really shows how circumstances can skew narratives. If it weren’t for CP3’s untimely injury that series and facing a GOAT-level dynasty, would he still be considered a career loser? A ring—especially with a Finals MVP—typically invalidates such labels.

Granted, he underperformed in that series at times (as he has in many others), but he’d be far from the first ATG to get away with that. And he certainly wasn’t the only Rocket that series struggling, hence the entire team had record-breakingly bad three-point shooting in Game 7.

With just a bit more luck that year, some of this thread’s responses would look wildly different. It wouldn’t change how unlikable his playstyle is or whitewash all his blackmarks; it might not even change how bad his reputation is now. But his legacy would have a lot more respect if nothing else.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Naero View Post
    That’s the thing: people hardly even acknowledge that despite that it almost tipped the scales for his legacy. Beating the Warriors would have effectively won him the title that year: the Rockets clearly would have cakewalked over the Cavs in the Finals. Yet, many seem to feel prime Harden wasn’t a championship-level superstar.

It really shows how circumstances can skew narratives. If it weren’t for CP3’s untimely injury that series and facing a GOAT-level dynasty, would he still be considered a career loser? A ring—especially with a Finals MVP—typically invalidates such labels.

Granted, he underperformed in that series at times (as he has in many others), but he’d be far from the first ATG to get away with that. And he certainly wasn’t the only Rocket that series struggling, hence the entire team had record-breakingly bad three-point shooting in Game 7.

With just a bit more luck that year, some of this thread’s responses would look wildly different. It wouldn’t change how unlikable his playstyle is or whitewash all his blackmarks; it might not even change how bad his reputation is now. But his legacy would have a lot more respect if nothing else.

2018 Playoffs v. GS: (the series everyone likes to give Harden credit for)

game 5 Harden: 5-21 shooting, 0-11 from 3
    game 6 Harden: 10-24 shooting, 4-12 from 3
    game 7 Harden: 12-29 shooting, 2-13 from 3

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    2017-2019 Harden was a bad man.
    One of the best regular season players, no doubt.

This to me is the craziest stat about Harden.

Playoff games shooting under 20%. And I'll discount games with few minutes/low shot attempts.

LeBron: 1
    Curry: 1
    KD: 0
    Kawhi: 0
    Kobe: 0
    Wade: 3
    Westbrick: 3
    Iverson: 2

Total: 10

Harden: 10

And that's being generous not including many other gems like b2b 2/10 games in the 2012 Finals that the Thunder lost by 12 points combined, a 4/15 Game 7 in the bubble, and his 4/16 & 3/11 efforts in Games 6 & 7 against Boston last year.
    Last edited by SouBeachTalents; 11-14-2023 at 03:28 PM.

It's pretty easy to see why Harden's game fell off in the playoffs ( by his season standards). His offensive game was either 3's or layups created off his ISO's. Never really developed an elite mid-range or post game, not a catch and shoot threat coming off screens so when the legs get tired and the 3's don't fall, and the defense limits penetration, he didn't have much to fall on. As he put it the other day 'I'm the system' when it came to being his teams offensive engine, but it had the effect of raising the floor but lowering the ceiling.

Some of his worst shooting games contain embarrassing 3point numbers. You'd think if you're like.....oh I don't know 1-10 from the three point line then it's not one of those nights.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 11-14-2023 at 03:33 PM.

He had a real chance at a ring two years ago. Didn't materialize tho..

kid is dumb as a sack of rocks

Banned

You sound weepy. Maybe you should make another thread about me to help you cope.

I came to the realization he is 15 years old and almost 100% of the time us adults ignore everything 15 years have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    It's pretty easy to see why Harden's game fell off in the playoffs ( by his season standards). His offensive game was either 3's or layups created off his ISO's. Never really developed an elite mid-range or post game, not a catch and shoot threat coming off screens so when the legs get tired and the 3's don't fall, and the defense limits penetration, he didn't have much to fall on. As he put it the other day 'I'm the system' when it came to being his teams offensive engine, but it had the effect of raising the floor but lowering the ceiling.

Some of his worst shooting games contain embarrassing 3point numbers. You'd think if you're like.....oh I don't know 1-10 from the three point line then it's not one of those nights.
    Harden has off nights because physically his body can't sustain constant great performances in the playoffs, game after game.

He just doesn't put in any work during the off season to grill his body into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Naero View Post

CP3 never reached the peak that Harden did and has physical limitations so the expectations for CP3 aren't really there. CP3 can't carry the team deep in the playoffs.

Almost beating the Warriors is not enough outweigh all the other negatives for Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I came to the realization he is 15 years old and almost 100% of the time us adults ignore everything 15 years have to say.
    I think you're right

probably a 14-year old spamming online

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    I think you're right

probably a 14-year old spamming online
    Yes it is.

There is no way an adult male can be as mentally retarded, even more retarded than 3ball is. 3ball has schizophrenia so its understandable.

So 15 year old pimply teen is the only answer.
    Last edited by 8Ball; 11-14-2023 at 07:29 PM.

My favorite moments in Harden’s career, were when he was running all OKC’s pick and rolls in the playoffs and finals, since Westbrick was a turnover machine, and Westbrick made Harden look like a playmaking, decision-making genius by comparison.

Since he rightfully left OKC, his brand of ball has indeed been difficult to cheer for, to say the least. He’s like a smaller, faster Luka, but with more turnovers, lower shooting percentages, more travels/Carries, and a whole lot more dishonesty in the paint.